Orville

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Anybody else watch this show? It was on at 8pm last night on Fox. It's the newest Seth McFarlane creation. Had a pretty good cast and I enjoyed it. Definitely pokes fun at Star Trek but it was very entertaining to me. Anxious to see how they proceed with the story now.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5691552/

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Cant wait to see the Wilber

I'm a big fan of Seth McFarlane and so this was my most anticipated show of the coming season

but...............

I will say , I was a little disappointed , I thought the cast was pretty well......................generic

The black guy who plays the navigator and the woman who plays the doctor were both pretty forgettable , but to their defense , they weren't really given much to do

The bad guys shoot worse then Star Wars Storm Troopers......................lol

I have it DVR'd and will probably watch it again this week

It was the first episode , and I'm sure the cast still need to get their feet under them , and , I am really looking for the rest of the episodes , there were some one liners that cracked me up

Psycho_X

Legend
I'm a huge trekkie nerd and always enjoyed most of McFarland's stuff so was looking forward to this show. The first one was kinda meh. All of the funny parts were in the trailers of course and those had been played to death all summer so that kinda killed the mood. I have high hopes for it going forward though. I hope there are a lot of Star Trek cameos which I expect since McFarland has had a lot of ex-Trek actors in everything he's ever done. Besides Cassidy Yates from DS9 playing the doctor on the show of course. :)

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hasn't been the same since Keith Harris died.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Seth McFarlane is on the Adam Sandler path, and that's not a good thing.

Sucks, because I think Seth can have some great ideas but does the same Family Guy style comedy in everything he's involved in.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Seth McFarlane is on the Adam Sandler path, and that's not a good thing.

Sucks, because I think Seth can have some great ideas but does the same Family Guy style comedy in everything he's involved in.

Recent Family Guy episodes are mostly cashing in for an easy paycheck. Can't say I blame him though, Fox has been questionable in their practices for quite awhile now. The decision to relieve Al Clausen from his composing role for the Simpsons shows the executives are willing to cut corners

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I watched it a second time , I actually liked it a little better

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Damon I forgot about that one. I need to look up the new shows. The only time I use cable anymore is to watch the Yankees and Penguins. There are a few other shows like, Vikings, TWD, Last Man on Earth, Shades of Blue, and Designated Survivor (which is a great show btw).

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
Critic metrics made it sound like a total disaster. It's not that bad. It's light, passable, disposable entertainment.

The main temporal scientist in Orville Ep.1 is the same guy who plays Chrisjen Avasarala's husband in The Expanse -- yeah, The Expanse is simply on a totally different level.

Although the Orville is not terrible, I wish Seth would've shoved Cosmos, Season 2 down Fox Programming's throat instead.

Q729

Legend
Although the Orville is not terrible, I wish Seth would've shoved Cosmos, Season 2 down Fox Programming's throat instead.
Perhaps he used Cosmos Season 2 as a bargaining chip to get Orville on. Or not.

Anyway, I've had friends switch the show off during the premiere. I thought it was kind of funny; enough to let it develop some more. Am I the only one who doesn't expect pilot/premiere episodes to be an accurate gauge of a show?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Episode 2 is on tonight, right now actually, and I noticed episode 3 is on Thursday after Gotham.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Looks like they've found their Chief engineer

for being a spoof of Star Trek , the one character I thought was missing from the first episode was Scotty

but it looks like in episode two , they found their Scotty in Larry Joe Campbell

larry_joe_campbell.jpg

bluecoconuts

Legend
So far so good.

All I'll say though is if my ex looked like that, I'd have given her a go again before picking a fight. Just sayin.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
How big a role does Adriane Palecki have so far?

Not only is she hot as hell, she was a badass as Mockingbird on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. So if she has anything major, I may give it a chance.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Not only is she hot as hell, she was a badass as Mockingbird on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. So if she has anything major, I may give it a chance.
She's his first officer and ex wife, I'd say she'll have a large role and so far she's been prominent in both episodes.

Psycho_X

Legend

Yeah I was bummed when they wrote her off Shield so she could have her own show and then backtracked on that and left us high and dry with no more mockingbird. I heard her husband/boyfriend, whatever he was that got wrote off with her is coming back this season for at least a guest appearance. Wonder if they were going to bring her back too before she got this part. Either way, she has a large role in this show.

Episode 2 was better I thought. It's kind of weird because it's almost trying to take it self seriously as a sci-fi show but stops just short and keeps it lighthearted. The egg laying was hilarious lol.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Episode 2 was better I thought. It's kind of weird because it's almost trying to take it self seriously as a sci-fi show but stops just short and keeps it lighthearted. The egg laying was hilarious lol.

I like it, because it's Star Trek but funny. They are trying to make it look like the old school Star Trek too, I think that's part of what makes it work so well.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa

She's probably like the second main character , only behind Seth McFarlane himself , although the chick with the pointy ears probably had the largest roll in episode 2

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I know they've made the compression to the original Star Trek TV show , but it's defiantly not Star Wars's Spaceballs

and the simulates to Star Trek are obviously there , but so far , I actually think it more closely resembles Galaxy Quest , in tone and humor , , at least the first couple episodes so far