Option Play

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
I think Clemens gained 8 yards on an option play. I would love to have a QB that could make that happen 3-5 times a game. It was just sweet to see the Rams do it for once.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Ask the fans in WAS how that is working out for them this year. The NFL is no place, for any duration at least, for a running QB.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
...and every once in a while Sam certainly has the mobility to run it effectively. I just don't like seeing our QB subjected to unnecessary hits.

V3

Hall of Fame
Ask the fans in WAS how that is working out for them this year. The NFL is no place, for any duration at least, for a running QB.

There are shades of gray here. QB's that run a lot don't last long in the NFL. QB's that can run but only do so when it presents itself are pretty nice to have and tend to stay healthy. The perfect example of this is Russel Wilson. Usually when he runs it's because no one was open, he's running from pressure, or because there's a gaping hole for him to run through.

It'd be nice to have but it's pretty rare to find those types.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I loved the call. And it worked only because we don't do that. It's a great play to have in the play book to pull out and use a handful of times a season. And I agree there is no future in the NFL for a QB that tries to make a living doing it on a consistent basis.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I love the option when opposition QB's run it and the end is just told to tackle the QB ball or no, SPECTACULAR HITS:bigup: It's even better if a great one like Quinn can get in and tackle both RB and QB,that's fun too.:cheese:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I see a QB draw in the red zone that brings a smile to my face every once in a while.
I think my favorite inside the 10 yd line play is the QB rollout with option to run with TE on crossing route and big WR camped out in the corner of end zone.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Can Tavon Austin play some option QB? Wonder if he can toss the ball? I sure do not want Sam running around anymore we saw what happen we he got flushed from the pocket...IR & surgery time.