One of you draftniks give your thoughts on moving down from 23 and what Rams do after.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
I can really see McSnead moving down from the first round. What could the Rams get for that pick and/or who then would the Rams target? I personally think NT and OLB not necessarily in that order.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I don't think we can trade down and get the NT or OLB we want! But IF the men we target as #1 at those positions are already gone at #23, I think we'll trade down, if possible!

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
If Landry, Vander Esch, Edmunds, and Evans are all off the board I think we trade down for sure. We should be able to pick up a 2nd + 3rd, and a little more. Maybe 2 2nd rounders if anyone has 2.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I don't think we can trade down and get the NT or OLB we want! But IF the men we target as #1 at those positions are already gone at #23, I think we'll trade down, if possible!

The Rams have placed themselves in an interesting position for the draft considering where they started the off-season, with draft picks & trades changing our bottom line on a weekly basis, seems imaginable there may be more chairs moved before the music stops. Many Rams fans were well prepared for change at those positions where we might lose players to free agency, as well as those which were thought of as potential CAP Casualties. The names of new replacement players Snead brought in were unknown to us at the time, and he has pleasantly surprised most of us with quality successful people a level above even our high expectations.
While the Rams have more options in the upcoming draft due to new players being added in free agency, some are only here on one year contracts. For a team which on paper at least appears to be aiming at a Super Bowl run in 2018, I see only two must have positions needing immediate targeting, both on defense, and both LB'ers. Outside of an ILB & ROLB, most of our real needs are depth. On offense, there has been some speculation about a TE, but we do have 3 on the roster and a couple carry-overs from the practice squad. There has also been talk about replacing Watkins at WR, but our deep unit doesn't require panic for filling his past production. The O-Line is expected to receive attention as 3 guys are entering free agency following this season, and the other two face potential future health issues more associated with all aging players. On defense, other than the already mentioned ILB & OLB, seems most everything here is also going to be about depth.
So what does all this mean ? Well, for me, it suggests our draft will be dedicated towards BPA perhaps more so than most. We don't know what is in our coaches head when it comes to young players being elevated, although it would appear that Ebukam is getting the starting gig at LOLB, and we'll be looking for a Safety to fill Cody Davis' departure. Quinn & Ogletree are the real voids which must be dealt with, and matching past production may not be as difficult or worrying as is oft done by us fans, not with Wade Phillips likely choosing these picks.
The Rams may still have more draft picks than we can find a roster spot to fill, and being on a Super Bowl run, while we may trade out of #23 to accumulate extra picks, I also won't be surprised if Snead seeks to move up in the 1'st round for a more impactful player for the upcoming season.

If the Rams move up, i'd want LB Trumaine Edmunds, ... if we trade down, perhaps for OC/OG Billy Price, WR DJ Chark, LB Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, LB Lorenzo Carter or OT Orlando Brown. If we stay at #23, maybe CB Joshua Jackson, LB Harold Landry or DT Vita Vea.
jmo.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The Rams have placed themselves in an interesting position for the draft considering where they started the off-season, with draft picks & trades changing our bottom line on a weekly basis, seems imaginable there may be more chairs moved before the music stops. Many Rams fans were well prepared for change at those positions where we might lose players to free agency, as well as those which were thought of as potential CAP Casualties. The names of new replacement players Snead brought in were unknown to us at the time, and he has pleasantly surprised most of us with quality successful people a level above even our high expectations.
While the Rams have more options in the upcoming draft due to new players being added in free agency, some are only here on one year contracts. For a team which on paper at least appears to be aiming at a Super Bowl run in 2018, I see only two must have positions needing immediate targeting, both on defense, and both LB'ers. Outside of an ILB & ROLB, most of our real needs are depth. On offense, there has been some speculation about a TE, but we do have 3 on the roster and a couple carry-overs from the practice squad. There has also been talk about replacing Watkins at WR, but our deep unit doesn't require panic for filling his past production. The O-Line is expected to receive attention as 3 guys are entering free agency following this season, and the other two face potential future health issues more associated with all aging players. On defense, other than the already mentioned ILB & OLB, seems most everything here is also going to be about depth.
So what does all this mean ? Well, for me, it suggests our draft will be dedicated towards BPA perhaps more so than most. We don't know what is in our coaches head when it comes to young players being elevated, although it would appear that Ebukam is getting the starting gig at LOLB, and we'll be looking for a Safety to fill Cody Davis' departure. Quinn & Ogletree are the real voids which must be dealt with, and matching past production may not be as difficult or worrying as is oft done by us fans, not with Wade Phillips likely choosing these picks.
The Rams may still have more draft picks than we can find a roster spot to fill, and being on a Super Bowl run, while we may trade out of #23 to accumulate extra picks, I also won't be surprised if Snead seeks to move up in the 1'st round for a more impactful player for the upcoming season.

If the Rams move up, i'd want LB Trumaine Edmunds, ... if we trade down, perhaps for OC/OG Billy Price, WR DJ Chark, LB Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, LB Lorenzo Carter or OT Orlando Brown. If we stay at #23, maybe CB Joshua Jackson, LB Harold Landry or DT Vita Vea.
jmo.
I like and agree with everything you say Bro, Except I really don't think Vita Vea will be there at #23!;):D

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I like and agree with everything you say Bro, Except I really don't think Vita Vea will be there at #23!;):D
Agree, good chance none of three mentioned will be available at #23. Moving out of that pick may turn out to be our best option. jmo.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Agree, good chance none of three mentioned will be available at #23. Moving out of that pick may turn out to be our best option. jmo.
I was just looking at the "Trade Value Chart" Maybe we could swope our 23rd pick for a 2nd -3rd and 4th round pick from Miami!!(y);):D

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Ideally, I'd like to think we could move down a little in the first, still get an impactful player and gain a 2nd round pick. Which way we'd go in using those two picks is wide open to me. I'm sure it'll be BPA if it's between a OLB/ILB/WR/TE or maybe there's a OL or CB that slips that they just can't pass up. It's going to be fun this year regardless. I have a sneaky feeling if a deal can't be made for OBJ, we might pick up a guy like Navarro Bowman before the draft so our LB depth looks better going in and that'll help us from reaching for one come draft day.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor