Once inch from Vladmir Putin...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_of_Old

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The whole annexing the Crimea feels very much like Hitler annexing the Sudetenland

It could be the start of something very sinister. There is little stomach for a war right now. It is first a EU problem, but growing to be a worldwide problem.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I wouldn't get too worried about it.

Forgotten treaty which could drag the US and UK into WAR with Russia if Putin's troops intervene in Ukraine
A treaty signed in 1994 by the US and Britain could pull both countries into a war to protect Ukraine if President Putin's troops cross into the country.

Bill Clinton, John Major, Boris Yeltsin and Leonid Kuchma – the then-rulers of the USA, UK, Russia and Ukraine - agreed to the The Budapest Memorandum as part of the denuclearization of former Soviet republics after the dissolution of the Soviet Union.

Technically it means that if Russia has invaded Ukraine then it would be difficult for the US and Britain to avoid going to war.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

bluecoconuts

Legend
Forgotten treaty which could drag the US and UK into WAR with Russia if Putin's troops intervene in Ukraine
A treaty signed in 1994 by the US and Britain could pull both countries into a war to protect Ukraine if President Putin's troops cross into the country.

Bill Clinton, John Major, Boris Yeltsin and Leonid Kuchma – the then-rulers of the USA, UK, Russia and Ukraine - agreed to the The Budapest Memorandum as part of the denuclearization of former Soviet republics after the dissolution of the Soviet Union.

Technically it means that if Russia has invaded Ukraine then it would be difficult for the US and Britain to avoid going to war.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

I haven't forgotten. My stance remains.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Putin sees weakness and a window of opportunity. He will take what he thinks he can get until someone shows him otherwise. He's not stupid. He will back down once somebody actually calls his bluff.

Ram_of_Old

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Putin sees weakness and a window of opportunity. He will take what he thinks he can get until someone shows him otherwise. He's not stupid. He will back down once somebody actually calls his bluff.

So how do we "call his bluff?" I am serious. I think military options are off the table for now. But how would we keep Putin from just marching into Ukraine?

I keep seeing similarities to the beginning of the Nazi empire. It is scary...