On paper, Rams have improved upon their ‘22 version in quite a few areas…

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Hear me out, please. Lol.

Here are improved areas over last years starters in no particular order:

Backup QB (not a starter, technically, but such a huge contingency upgrade)
RB
OL (the importance here cannot be overstated)
TE
WR (Nacua and Johnson additions give this year the edge)
S (I honestly like the potential of this ‘23 room over the ‘22 version)
P

Moreover, I like the new coaching hires over their ‘22 counterparts by a country mile.

This is projecting, I know, but I like Blackburn a ton over DeCamillis. I expect to see vast improvement in ST overall this year.

Last, but by no means least, the ‘23 version of McVay reminds me of his first 5 year version. That ‘22 imposter was distracted and made far too many inexplicable decisions. Welcome back, Sean!

Thoughts?

Tano

Legend
Last, but by no means least, the ‘23 version of McVay reminds me of his first 5 year version. That ‘22 imposter was distracted and made far too many inexplicable decisions. Welcome back, Sean!
In 22 - I bet his fiance kept calling him during the game to go over Wedding plans

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
In 22 - I bet his fiance kept calling him during the game to go over Wedding plans
Injuries left him the worst talent on the field of his six seasons. Part of the decision making was just trying to figure something out that would actually work, IMHO.

dang

Legend

RB
TE
P

Moreover, I like the new coaching hires over their ‘22 counterparts by a country mile.

This is projecting, I know, but I like Blackburn a ton over DeCamillis. I expect to see vast improvement in ST overall this year.

Thoughts?
Sold!!!

nighttrain

Legend

RB
TE
P

Thoughts?
I like what you've said friend, and agree wholeheartedly
train

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yes and hopefully we feel those offensive upgrades this season.

I suspect wideout will be significantly better because I think Jefferson is poised for a big season and if not him Tutu is possible for major improvement.

So it will be interesting for sure. Main thing is if they protect Stafford we will be competitive. Beyond that we need a lot of if's to go our way on defense.

I know we probably don't make the playoffs but if we are competitive I will still enjoy the season.

Tano

Legend
Injuries left him the worst talent on the field of his six seasons. Part of the decision making was just trying to figure something out that would actually work, IMHO.
I said it in blue font

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Wish we could say Rams have upgraded the defense
I hope you don't do other things prematurely too.

We may have replaced some older large ego'd, (and slightly over hyped in some areas) vets with some kids that are ready to show their stuff.

I think Sean McVay may have sensed that.

I think they have a real good chance to be a REAL solid team for that playoff run. :)

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
I like our chances. I'm expecting an explosive Offense and a good Defense. First two games should reveal a lot.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
I like our chances. I'm expecting an explosive Offense and a good Defense. First two games should reveal a lot.
Funny I totally agree with your first two sentences but not the third one.
I don't think that the first two games will be all that revelatory of the rest of the season.
I'm getting the feeling that the football we see in November/December might not look anything like that in September.
We'll know soon enough!!

~ArkyRamsFan~

oldnotdead

Legend
I've been saying it for years in regard to Allen and ever since the draft this year. It's going to come down to coaching decisions. Using the players in ways that play to their strengths and not to their weaknesses. The offense IMO will be just fine. It's a matter of health in that regard with that side of the ball.

The only question mark IMO is how Morris plays the defense. There is talent at key positions for the defense to be very good. But this defense has underachieved under Morris. Young is an underrated prospect at edge. Hampton and Mathis give Morris the ability to play a more aggressive style of defense, both against the pass and run. Playing Hampton at SAM, in the same way, Phillips played Ebukam will free up Young to simply rush the passer while he develops though he wasn't bad in college at setting the edge. Playing Mathis at WIL will give support to Jones in both the run and early down passes.

Jason Taylor IMO is a better safety than Fuller and Rapp. Both were limited in how they were used. Taylor has enough speed to play deep and in the box. Taylor is faster than both Fuller and Rapp and is physically the size of Rapp allowing him to provide run support. What Taylor's role this year is uncertain, but next year he replaces both Rapp and Fuller.

People forget that Rochell played well as a starter as a rookie. If he can regain his form this year the Rams will have a very good trio of CBs in Durant, Rochell and Hodges-Tomlinson. I'm not averse to zone schemes per se, only how frequent and soft Morris plays it.

This team is young and relatively inexperienced. But the talent is there for it to be a very good team.

In regards to Allen, it will come down to a few factors. When he's healthy he's better than most on this board have given him credit for being. The problem is will staying healthy this year be enough? I'm not sure it would be. There isn't a huge dropoff between Allen and Shelton at center. Shelton would be cheaper to extend than Allen and IMO that could be the deciding factor. It's also a reason Shelton could win the start out right here in OTAs. Regardless this OL is going to be better and could be the best under McVay's tenure.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sure is tasty this time of year!

wPdtlkO.jpg