OL Jovan Olafioye fails his physical

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
@HBalzer21 - Howard Balzer

Yes true: Rams waived Jovan Olafioye Thursday for failing his physical. Story soon on 101sports.com. No one saying what issue is.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Too much of that Canadian bacon & maple syrup I'll bet.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Okay, this is where I draw the line. Who's the arsehole who performed voodoo on our team? I'm seriously beginning to think that we're cursed.

Anonymous

Who signed him with guaranteed money without a physical.

I suppose the contract would be contingent on that.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Rams won a low-level bidding war for offensive lineman Jovan Olafioye this week, and then abruptly cut him Thursday after he failed a physical.

Olafioye played two seasons in the CFL and made a name for himself with aggressive play. He was on the CFL All-Star team last season and also finished second in voting for the league's outstanding lineman award.

There were as many as 15 NFL teams interested and the Rams guaranteed him $85,000 in base salaries in the first two years of his contract. He agreed to terms Feb. 3, the contract was reported to the league Feb. 6, the contract was disapproved on a technicality Feb. 7, was reported again Feb. 8 and he was waived Feb. 9. The Rams would not comment on what caused Olafioye to fail the physical.

His agent, Dan Vertlieb, released a statement saying, "The St. Louis Rams have notified Jovan Olafioye that they have released him from his contract due to their concerns about a medical issue. Given the closing window to explore opportunities in the NFL in Jovan's current CFL contract, he will return to the B.C. Lions for another season after thoroughly addressing his status."

A statement from Olafioye said, “While this news was unexpected, I am very happy to be returning to my family at the BC Lions.”

Wally Buono, vice president of football operations and general manager of the Lions, also issued a statement that said, “We are pleased to welcome Jovan back and we will work with him closely in (the) coming months to ensure any issues that may have arisen are addressed.”

CFL players whose contracts expire have until Feb. 15 each year to sign with an NFL team. However, Olafioye is now in the NFL waiver system and could be claimed by teams Friday.

http://www.101espn.com/?sid=15731710&nid=99

Anonymous

zn said:
X said:

Yeah way to go. Blame Canadians.

So are Canadians fat and sticky?

(This does suck. I was hoping for a real anchor for the O line, real soon. Oh well.)

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
squeaky wheel said:
zn said:
X said:

Yeah way to go. Blame Canadians.

So are Canadians fat and sticky?

(This does suck. I was hoping for a real anchor for the O line, real soon. Oh well.)

Agreed. I didnt think too much of this guy at first, but then when I read more things on him I started thinking, at the very least, he could be a decent backup.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I read on PFT the supposed medical issue was aboot the kidney. What a shame for him, eh?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Angry Ram said:
I read on PFT the supposed medical issue was aboot the kidney. What a shame for him, eh?
Aw, that sucks for him. If it's "aboot" the kidney, then it's certainly no reflection on his skill or fitness levels.

Dang. :boohoo:

Anonymous

X said:
Angry Ram said:
Aw, that sucks for him. If it's "aboot" the kidney, then it's certainly no reflection on his skill or fitness levels.

Dang. :boohoo:

Is Angry Ram canadian?

Cause he is doin a canuck accent there.

I STILL say "aboot" sometimes, and I moved to the states 4 decades ago.

AR, you're a canuck, eh?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
WARNING: LANGUAGE

[flv]http://v.mccont.com/ItemFiles/%5BFrom%20www.metacafe.com%5D%20486097.3336864.11.flv?__gda__=1328932048_14521a24920969c1e95dfe1c18663712[/flv]

steferfootball

Starter
As much as I'd like to think that he would instantly be an all star tackle for us, it probably wasn't going to happen anyways.