OL Deonte Brown (Alabama)?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
Will there be any interest in OL Deonte Brown by the Rams in the 2nd or 3rd rounds? He is Huge and supposedly moves very well for a player of his size.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Tough one for me, is he going to keep the weight down or is he going to be out of the NFL in a couple years because he can't? I think he's more a power scheme kind of guy because of his size and lack of ability to get to the 2nd level and hold blocks. I don't think he'll ever get over powered but I don't think he'd be a good guy in the run game for us or a pulling guard, though I doubt any DB is going to want to see him pulling and running right at them. I think guys like Wyatt Davis, Jackson Carman or Robert Hainsey (who might be able to move into center later) are better options in the 2nd/3rd but that's JMO.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Honestly, I don't draft a guard who can't play center or tackle. Brown, while a good prospect, I don't think he's superior to guys like Jackson Carman (whom I honestly like at right tackle).

Malibu

Pro Bowler
I am always dubious of alabama players not that they aren't good but are they overrated? So much talent Center, Tackle, and Brown 2 star wrs, QB etc everyone looks good on a team like this bc they are going up against most likely inferior talent. NFL all teams are good less disparity.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There's going to be enough options that don't come with concerns like weight or injury etc. So I'd prefer they draft one of them. We may be looking at Dickerson there at 57 and will probably pass on him due to that stuff. Or so I hope.

I'm over the risky picks personally. I want a slam-dunk difference maker. Don't really care what position just someone we'll feel immediately in a positive way in 2021.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Will there be any interest in OL Deonte Brown by the Rams in the 2nd or 3rd rounds? He is Huge and supposedly moves very well for a player of his size.
Using his performance at the Senior Bowl, I would say no ; he got beat like a drum routinely in the 1-on-1's.

TheTackle

Starter
I would go for one of the seniors, who is more technically sound and has plenty of games under their belt - even if they need to get stronger - because that is a solid predictor of success. Yes, there are juniors who tested off the chart but the best of those will be long gone by the time we pick

At our spots you want players who do some things extremely well - even though they might be less athletic

I don’t see that in Brown’s game myself

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Brown has some serious questions about his weight iirc . My first inclination on when any prospect gets brought up is to ask if he fits McVay's profile. Is he intelligent, does he love football, is he a leader, is he a We player, etc,... I don't know the kid, obviously, but when I see a guy who cares more about eating than he does being in the best shape of his life to play football and potentially make millions, I'd say he likely doesn't check all of Sean's boxes.