Okay, so which NFC teams look the strongest after only 2 weeks into the regular season?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Disclaimer: This is strictly for fun and should NOT be taken seriously.

IOW, which teams are looking like Ram playoff competition?

[www.espn.com]

Let’s see...

Saints are likely to struggle without Brees for 6 weeks, right?

Eagles are 1-1 already with a whopping +1 point differential. And I don’t see Wentz finishing the season healthy. Again.

Packers are 2-0 but, man, they’ve only scored 31 points. WTH is their O?

Vikings and Bears are each 1-1 and tied for 3rd place in their own division. Bears have scored a whopping 19 points, btw.

Dallas is 2-0 and owns an impressive +28 point differential already.

Which brings me to the NFC West. Niners and Seahawks are both 2-0 and in a 3-way tie for first place with the Rams. Niners are a league leading +38 point differential and the Seahawks are always a tough matchup for any team.

Yeah, it’s way too early, but after 2 games it’s kinda looking at this point like the Cowboys, Niners, and Seahawks just might be the stiffest competition for the Rams. Cowboys and Niners have beaten suspect teams, so there is that. And the Seahawks have beaten the winless Bengals and Steelers by a combined 3 points. Sooooo...

Ummmmm...

More I think about it the more I like the Rams chances this year barring catastrophic injuries, of course.

Psycho_X

Legend
Cowboys go as far as Dak can take them and he’s currently playing for the likely biggest contract in league history so he’s got the motivation. Will be dangerous.

Whiners I don’t know. Will wait and see as they’ve played two presumably shit teams albeit they looked good against both.

Seahawks barely beat the Bengals that the Whiners destroyed and then barely beat the Steelers who was missing Big Ben for most of it and looked as good as the dolphins did the week before against the Patriots.

So yeah, taking a wait and see approach with all of the NFC West right now.

Ram65

Legend
long way to go. Teams peaking and putting it together late in the season is what we have to see.

Eagles will be there as they had a lot of injuries last night. but

Hags have some problems but, they will be around.

Same with Whiners. Still early with little competition so far.

Cowgirls look good. Still need to be tested.

Rams need to start faster and get the run game going earlier.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think people are WAY overrating the Niners. They beat Andy Dalton and the Cinci Kitty Cats...so what. Maybe they are legit, but they’re gonna have to prove it to me after 6-8 games, or so.

RW makes the Hawks legit to me. We have their number in a way, but in no way do I low-rate them. I believe they will be a Wild Card

The Cowboys will be there again, because who else in the NFC East can do better at this point?

Packers will be there I think, but the Bears don’t seem to be as good as last year.

The Saints seem to be a hot mess for about 6 weeks, and are likely to lose to the Hawks at CLink

Wentz may or may not last the season, but the Iggles seem well rounded enough to survive if he goes down
Top Teams in the NFC
1. LA Rams
2. Dallas Cowboys
3. Seattle Seahawks
4. Philadelphia Iggles
5. Green Bay Packers
6.New Orleans Saints

oldnotdead

Legend
The Packers just beat a very good team and beat the Bears opening day. It looks like they are for real.

Dallas beat up on the Giants and Redskins two hapless teams. They next go to the tanking Dolphins. They won't play a team of note until they play the Breesless Aints.

Philly lost to Atlanta with their only win against the Skins.

As long as Wilson is healthy and Carson can run the Hawks are dangerous.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Packers are 2-0 but, man, they’ve only scored 31 points. WTH is their O?
That defense is legit. Good DC and they've got the things you want thanks to what looks like a shrewd offseason. IMO they are going to win their division. Bears are fluffed up by the media, not a believer in them by any stretch.

Right now I feel like the Rams are the class of the NFC. As long as the defense we saw yesterday continues, it's hard to see any team knocking them out.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Whiners I don’t know. Will wait and see as they’ve played two presumably shit teams albeit they looked good against both.
Yeah and I'm really careful not to discount the value of blowing out bad teams. Remember the '99 Rams? Lot of people learned some lessons in discounting our Rams that season. So I think the 9ers are greatly improved, as far as how much I agree wait and see.

For now I think the Seahawks remain our primary rival.

The Ramowl

Starter
I think the NFC West will be tough on everyone this year. The Seahawks are not flashy, but I believe they will grind out a lot of wins as they know how to and will end up with a good record. I think it will be a pain in the ass to beat them, Russell Wilson is on top of his game, and Pete Carroll, while I dislike him like anyone here is still a good coach. The 49ers worry me a lot, ok they beat up two teams that are not very good, but they have been impressive in those wins and Garappolo can play. I think they will do ok and beating them will probably not be a walk in the park either. And then the cards, while being expected to massively suck, seem to have some ressource with their quarterback. They won't go anywhere but they will cause troube to teams that are not very solid.

I think we are lucky to not meet anyone from the division before week 5, it gives us time to find our pace and to arrive there solidified, but I doubt we go 6-0 in the division, I think we lose at least one to Seahawks or Niners.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I hate to say it, but the 49ers are currently the most complete team. Maybe not on paper. But you can only play who’s on your schedule. And they blew out the Bengals. Seahawks seem to play to their level of competition. Almost like Pete Carroll likes close games. It’s a little strange. Packers are decent but Rodgers is not what he used to be. Honestly without the Saints, the NFC doesn’t seem difficult anymore. Obviously division games are tough. But I know we can beat the Cowboys. Who’s really a threat on our schedule now?

1. Ravens
2. Cowboys
3. Seahawks
4. 49ers
5. Falcons

The rest of the games will be easy. Unless our offense falls apart like last year, we have the ability to go 16-0. We won’t because it’s too difficult. But we are better then every team we face from here on out.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1. Packers - they're the only team that's really beat anyone - both their opponents are 1-0 aside from their games - I don't think this will continue, but most of the 2-0 teams have beaten up on bad teams

2. 49ers - removing the hatred and dislike, that's two road games and two double digit wins - plus playing this game: the Niners beat the Bucs on the road who beat the Panthers on the road who we struggled to beat on the road - the Niners have a slightly more impressive resume than the Rams right now

3. Cowboys - easy schedule, yes - but also two double digit wins and Dolphins next - how do we sign up for this schedule?

4. Rams - this is not how I see everything playing out - but right now, we just don't look quite as impressive as the three teams above - I'd have us number one if Brees didn't get hurt, but as it is, we beat what I would call a mediocre Saints team

5. Seattle - 2-0 with a +3 point differential is....historic? Sums up how average I think the team is overall. But with Wilson, they will probably win 10 games

6. Vikings - I really think they're better than Seattle and one of the better NFC teams

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
Niners just lost Staley. And their swing tackles is also out. They will probably go after Trent Williams.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1. Packers - they're the only team that's really beat anyone - both their opponents are 1-0 aside from their games - I don't think this will continue, but most of the 2-0 teams have beaten up on bad teams

2. 49ers - removing the hatred and dislike, that's two road games and two double digit wins - plus playing this game: the Niners beat the Bucs on the road who beat the Panthers on the road who we struggled to beat on the road - the Niners have a slightly more impressive resume than the Rams right now

3. Cowboys - easy schedule, yes - but also two double digit wins and Dolphins next - how do we sign up for this schedule?

4. Rams - this is not how I see everything playing out - but right now, we just don't look quite as impressive as the three teams above - I'd have us number one if Brees didn't get hurt, but as it is, we beat what I would call a mediocre Saints team

5. Seattle - 2-0 with a +3 point differential is....historic? Sums up how average I think the team is overall. But with Wilson, they will probably win 10 games

6. Vikings - I really think they're better than Seattle and one of the better NFC teams
Disagree. The Niners blow. They are not more balanced or have more talent than theRams....That’s just crazy talk. Wait till Jimmy Pick-6 gets a load of AronDonald and Rams defensive backfield....I mean, that is,if he isn’t injured before we meet them.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
That defense is legit. Good DC and they've got the things you want thanks to what looks like a shrewd offseason. IMO they are going to win their division. Bears are fluffed up by the media, not a believer in them by any stretch.

Right now I feel like the Rams are the class of the NFC. As long as the defense we saw yesterday continues, it's hard to see any team knocking them out.
Packers defense is good. Not super good. Their offense leaves as a lot to be desired. Yup, you heard that right.

odgers first 3 drives.

11 of 12 for 142 yards and 3 TDS

Rest of the game

11 of 22 67 yards and 0 TDS

Bears game was the same. Rodgers did squat in the second half.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Packers defense is good. Not super good. Their offense leaves as a lot to be desired. Yup, you heard that right.

odgers first 3 drives.

11 of 12 for 142 yards and 3 TDS

Rest of the game

11 of 22 67 yards and 0 TDS

Bears game was the same. Rodgers did squat in the second half.
I think your closeness to things is getting in the way of your vision. Usually you have a healthy respect for defense but for whatever reason you're ignoring the fact that they've beaten their two division rivals with their defense in the first two weeks. In spite of their offense not really running anywhere near the level expected.

If that offense improves watch out. But either way between that defense and Rodgers... I don't think the other teams in the division are going to win more games than them. I think your Vikes are gonna be left scratching for a wildcard but it's still early so we'll see.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Here are my Top 5 threats in the NFC (taking the Brees injury into account):

1. Cowboys
2. Seahawks
3. Eagles
4. Packers
5. Falcons

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Packers
Bears
Cowboys

Whiners will be exposed, as will the Shecocks to a lesser degree

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Here are my Top 5 threats in the NFC (taking the Brees injury into account):

1. Cowboys
2. Seahawks
3. Eagles
4. Packers
5. Falcons
Packers
Bears
Cowboys

Whiners will be exposed, as will the Shecocks to a lesser degree
I really think you guys are underestimating the 49ers. It’s easy to make fun of them. But right now they’re a legit team.

fearsomefour

Legend
The Niners have a lot of talent on D.
They did not look on O versus Tampa.
Didn’t see the Bengals game at all.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
IF Wentz is healthy, they are the # 1 compeitition. Even with Brees, Saints don't scare me.
Bears QB is dreadful over a full game versus a good D.
Dallas has really built their talent base. I don't believe Dak is good, but maybe that has changed...we need to see him against a good D, in a tight game...to see if he can throw accurately.

Falcons might come on, too.

49ers have huge talent on D. Jiimmy G is mediocre, but Shanny is top 5 play caller....think they can win 10 easily.....if not more.