OK, I'm requesting something from video experts.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
Look, this has been ridiculous. Every stinking time a Rams pick has come up, they either are in the middle of a human interest story, or at commercial. Could someone make a montage video mocking the media for this? I don't have the skills but it would be fun to watch.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
The ONLY pick the networks covered was our 3rd round pick.

That's a fact.

I don't have any editing software and I didn't record this travesty, but I agree.

This is the perfect vehicle to mock this grossness.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Blatant dis job by ESPN and NFL network. I kept switching between the two and never got to see either do coverage of the Rams picks like they did with other teams picks. Gotta say they did the same thing to the Chargers.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Honestly, even my wife and youngest child kept commenting that the networks weren't covering the draft, but it seemed to them like they were stalling or as my youngest put it, "why are they doing the post draft stuff during the draft?"

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
My dad and I went to the bar to watch. One screen had NFL, one had ESPN. I had to use my phone to look at NFL.com in order to see anything about our draft.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure why it's so hard to understand that fans want to hear analysis for their teams' picks. These guys running the crews, the ones formatting the show, probably don't even give a F about the game.

Always tell my kids I want to make my own channels to teach them a lesson. Like a music vid channel that only shows... Wait for it... Music videos <gasp!>. Or, you know, a draft channel that actually makes time for the fans by analyzing the effin picks.

And of course my kids are like "nobody would watch it pops." :rolleyes:

fearsomefour

Legend
Fake news haha.
If a QB or WR is taken they talk about it.
They aren't going to talk about a 5th round linebacker or G unless there is the "human interest" story.
They suck because they aspire to be entertainment and appeal to a broad base.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
And as long as the ratings stay as high as they are . they're not gonna change

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Some idiot at corporate made a big stink about the growing female audience and that they like the heartwarming stories and witty banter as oppose to boooorrrinv football analysis of 4th rounders

The 4 hours of coverage on the dude with no hand was fucking heinous

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
Someone suggested the feed on NFL.com, checked that out for a while, was much better than the ESPN or NFL network coverage.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
They aren't going to talk about a 5th round linebacker or G unless there is the "human interest" story.
OK, But the Humans ( the Fans) are interested in the 'Story' behind the Player there Team just picked!!! NOT what some wacko Lib decides is a "Human interest story! Like Joe's Mommy baked cupcakes 24-7 to put him thru College!!

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Someone suggested the feed on NFL.com, checked that out for a while, was much better than the ESPN or NFL network coverage.

I mentioned it twice, but some didn't listen, they just kept it on the heavily commercialed networks and kept complaining.

If you don't have internet (who doesn't these days) I can see why but the stream was perfect. I saw every Ram pick happening plus their highlights and analysis on the big 40-inch monitor. Only pick they missed was OL Demby in the 6th but that's because the kids gathering together to announce it were all fucked up and not ready so they went to another pick. Then they went back to it during a Cowboy pick and had them re-announce, even though we already knew the pick.

There were 3-4 football commercials per timeout, no annoying talking Gecko, no crappy Papa John's bullshit just the same repeated football ones.

So NFL.com (through Yahoo) did a great job, I didn't miss Kiper or Mayock at all. Or the King of "I Mean" ....Rich Eisen.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Coverage sucked. The last thing I wanted to see was that clown they kept putting on kicking 10 yard FGs and other not-funny-at-all bs

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Between ROD members' commentary and the draft trackers on the internet, I didn't miss a thing. Plus there were no commercials to endure.

Btw I did watch some of the first round of the draft on the NFL network but shut it off when I became embarrassed for a few of the attention whore types who were supposed to announce draft picks but instead made it about themselves or their chosen team.

fearsomefour

Legend
OK, But the Humans ( the Fans) are interested in the 'Story' behind the Player there Team just picked!!! NOT what some wacko Lib decides is a "Human interest story! Like Joe's Mommy baked cupcakes 24-7 to put him thru College!!
I know.
I agree.
I would prefer NFL Nerwork was 24 hours Xs and Os. It's not and it will never be.
Appealing to a wider base means dumbing things down. It's why there are Dollar menus. It's why great musicians try to write stupid pop songs that follow a formula. It's why NFL Nerwork spends more time ranking TD dances than breaking down film.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
I take it we haven't any takers on the montage video.
I think we should get some ROD members together and do a reenactment. I'd be willing to be a part of it. I could play the part of Shaquem. I'd have to darken my skin, and put extensions on my bald head, and figure out how to look a lot younger. But yeah, I'm game. How about the rest of you?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
How about someone make a highlight video of our draft picks?

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Yea, there were far to many commercials period and they always seemed to come up during the Rams picks. I refuse to watch those dumb asses on ESPN, so I don't know how things went there. I never even heard about the trade with the Falcons and told my wife that I was pretty sure we did not have any picks in the 7th round. I am a fan of Griffin and the football player he is but boy did they run his story into the ground.