OK, I like Brandon Lloyd a lot more now

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
<a class="postlink" href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/18/brandon-lloyd-helps-rams-avoid-blackout/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -blackout/</a>
Brandon Lloyd helps Rams avoid blackout
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 18, 2011, 8:46 AM EST
b-lloydjump.jpg

Although they’re having a lousy season and have a lousy opponent coming to town, the St. Louis Rams have managed to sell enough tickets to lift the local TV blackout on Sunday against the Seahawks. With an assist from wide receiver Brandon Lloyd.

During the lockout, Lloyd worked as an account manager for Re-Steel Supply Company, and this week Lloyd worked with the company to purchase 1,000 tickets for members of the military and their families to attend the game for free.

“I think it’s awesome,” Lloyd told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. “I always feel like our military guys, they’re the real superheroes when it comes to us living over here carefree. Those guys doing all that work [overseas], and then they’re coming home, they should be able to get some stuff and get some perks that come along with defending our nation.”

Lloyd has a nephew who’s currently in Iraq and a brother who is retired from the Air Force.

Good stuff.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Yeah, I love seeing players do this type of stuff with their off days. Hope this guy sticks around for a while.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Good to see him getting involved in the community. Hopefully he will build strong ties to the area and will have interest in resigning with the Rams.

Saw some pictures of his trip to hand out tickets. One of the soldiers in the picture had a Raiders hoodie on. Com' On Man..... :slap!:

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
libertadrocks said:
Good to see him getting involved in the community. Hopefully he will build strong ties to the area and will have interest in resigning with the Rams.

Saw some pictures of his trip to hand out tickets. One of the soldiers in the picture had a Raiders hoodie on. Com' On Man..... :slap!:
He has not been the problem child/lockerroom cancer that he has been labeled. Sometimes you wonder if those things are really true, or maybe that he turned his attitude around. I'm not sure, but I DO know that I want him back here next season.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
brokeu91 said:
libertadrocks said:

He has not been the problem child/lockerroom cancer that he has been labeled. Sometimes you wonder if those things are really true, or maybe that he turned his attitude around. I'm not sure, but I DO know that I want him back here next season.

My issue w/ the Lloyd trade was I wasn't as stoked as others, I mean this was a guy that went to SF, Washington, Chicago, and Denver before having one good year and all of a sudden is a legit #1 WR? I am glad they traded nothing more than a 5th round pick, and it does look like he's proving to be a really good WR.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Angry Ram said:
brokeu91 said:
libertadrocks said:

My issue w/ the Lloyd trade was I wasn't as stoked as others, I mean this was a guy that went to SF, Washington, Chicago, and Denver before having one good year and all of a sudden is a legit #1 WR? I am glad they traded nothing more than a 5th round pick, and it does look like he's proving to be a really good WR.

When Lloyd is on the field its obvious just how inadequate our current stable of outside WRs are, IMO. You can just see the skill gap is.

It was a good trade. He'll want a sizable K at seasons end, it'll be interesting to see if the FO will pony up. Lloyd, Floyd, Salas and Amendola would be a nice 4 WR set.

I like the ring of that too. "Lloyd and Floyd"