Cam Akers injury, rehab & return

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
It would be interesting to see how the injuries compare.
For sure. There was some info on the Clemson's QB's injury in The Athletic, but neither the Rams or Akers have given any insight into his severity. One commonality is the aggressive rehab approach that was indicated by Akers' weight load in his rehab video he shared.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, there were some who immediately said Akers would miss the season, and there were others who said it was "likely", but not a definite.
So until he's on season ending IR, there's still hope

I say Michel is going to ball out and create a conundrum going in to the off season

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Well, there were some who immediately said Akers would miss the season, and there were others who said it was "likely", but not a definite.
So until he's on season ending IR, there's still hope

I say Michel is going to ball out and create a conundrum going in to the off season
I think there is room for both Akers and Michel. Rams have to figure on 20 game seasons for the immediate future not counting preseason tryouts.

I never saw anything detailing what Akers was doing when he got hurt. “Off-season workouts” leaves a lot of room for speculation.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think there is room for both Akers and Michel.
What makes you think Sony is the type of back who can share the load??
Oh, wait a minute....
akers share.PNG

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Ok, I’m now confused. Is Cam eligible to be back for the post season? Is that even possible?

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Oof......like I needed to see this thread again. That shit hurt..... Says the idiot who just bumped the thread with this comment...

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
I can't see this, but apparently Cam has added another rehab update to Instagram. Let me know if the link is wrong.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I can't see this, but apparently Cam has added another rehab update to Instagram. Let me know if the link is wrong.

He's running on a treadmill in a pressurized bubble.

1634061059246.png

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Such a huge hit for us to lose that dude. I like the way we're trending in the backfield but still having Akers would have been crazy in this year's offense.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Such a huge hit for us to lose that dude. I like the way we're trending in the backfield but still having Akers would have been crazy in this year's offense.
I just hope he recovers enough to be at least as good as Michel is this year. They'll need to draft another RB somewhere next year as well.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Marlon Mack looked pretty good last night against the Ravens. Hopefully these types of injuries are more recoverable than previous years.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Is there a chance we can get this dude back for a playoff run?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

go cam.

can't wait to see him and henderson together with stafford back there.