OFFICIAL 2020 cuts, trades, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I bet with an offseason of rest he goes back to being one of the best kickers in the NFL

I concur I would have brought Zuerlein back, however, as I posted previously I believe the Rams have their eye on a rookie and I know that @jrry32 has communicated about Rodrigo Blankenship (Georgia) but that would be too easy as the Los Angeles Rams are never conventional, so IMO, the draft target in the 6th round will be Tyler Bass Kicker Georgia Southern....Although I would like to give Austin MacGinnis a shot.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I concur I would have brought Zuerlein back, however, as I posted previously I believe the Rams have their eye on a rookie and I know that @jrry32 has communicated about Rodrigo Blankenship (Georgia) but that would be too easy as the Los Angeles Rams are never conventional, so IMO, the draft target in the 6th round will be Tyler Bass Kicker Georgia Southern....Although I would like to give Austin MacGinnis a shot.
Funny you mention that as I linked his draft profile in the GZ went to Dallas thread :)

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As a Mizzou fan, this makes me very proud of him that he has turned his life around
Hope he really has, we've seen progress before and it's been ruined. Hope he's on the right path.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I wasn't the person bringing up Blankenship. I only defended his power when it was questioned. Personally, he wouldn't be my guy. I'd wait until later in the Draft to go after a kicker (or for UDFA).

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Personally, he wouldn't be my guy.

Mine either. I kind of like his quirky look... but there is something about how he lines up to kick concerns me.

As weird as this sounds, it almost looks too precise.

As someone just like that, I also know I do things like that to be successful, as my concentration isn’t always peak.

Said another way; I would be a head-case kicker because of that. I think he could be too.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mine either. I kind of like his quirky look... but there is something about how he lines up to kick concerns me.

As weird as this sounds, it almost looks too precise.

As someone just like that, I also know I do things like that to be successful, as my concentration isn’t always peak.

Said another way; I would be a head-case kicker because of that. I think he could be too.

Personally, with how difficult it is to project kickers (as you pointed out, you don't know what will happen once they encounter adversity), I'm not loving the idea of spending a 4th or 5th round pick on the kid. Bring in some competition, maybe spend a 6th or 7th on a kicker, and let the best man win. It is far from ideal, but there's no such thing as a sure thing.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Personally, with how difficult it is to project kickers (as you pointed out, you don't know what will happen once they encounter adversity), I'm not loving the idea of spending a 4th or 5th round pick on the kid. Bring in some competition, maybe spend a 6th or 7th on a kicker, and let the best man win. It is far from ideal, but there's no such thing as a sure thing.
Yeah, kickers are a shot in the dark. I looked at the top 30 in field goals made last year, and only Matt Gay (TB), Seibert (Cle), Sanders (Mia) and Crosby (GB) were drafted by the team they play for, and only Justin Tucker was signed as UDFA by the team he plays for. (Prater was signed as an UDFA by Detroit but ended up with 4 other teams before returning there.)
At the money he got, for sure I would have preferred Z stayed in LA, but anything more than a 6th round pick is a waste IMO

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Aldon Smith, anyone? Looks like he's coming back and probably to the Cowboys...
We HAVE to have him!!!" ~ Old School

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Watkins and the Chiefs have agreed on a new deal that will pay him a base salary of $9 million this season, offer him the opportunity to earn another $7 million worth of incentives, and most importantly shave $5 million off his 2020 cap number, according to Terez Paylor of Yahoo Sports.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
It is far from ideal, but there's no such thing as a sure thing.

But boy there is the kid at Texas who I love and I believe will be an outstanding pro...Cameron Dicker, my God, his surname even rhymes with "Kicker" you can't for wrong!
1585914252842.png

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But boy there is the kid at Texas who I love and I believe will be an outstanding pro...Cameron Dicker, my God, his surname even rhymes with "Kicker" you can't for wrong!
View attachment 35174

I quite like Florida's kicker, Evan McPherson. He hit 89.5% of his FGs as both a freshman and a sophomore. Only question I have with him is distance. He hasn't been tested there yet.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
For kicker PSUs Jake Pinegar FG%91.7. XP%96.6 long 47yds.

He's got a good leg, but Franklin is not one to try a lot of long field goals.

He was 100% this year. But didn't attempt any over 50.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
With extra points the way they are; I'd prioritize accuracy over distance, myself.

Ram65

Legend
For kicker PSUs Jake Pinegar FG%91.7. XP%96.6 long 47yds.

He's got a good leg, but Franklin is not one to try a lot of long field goals.

He was 100% this year. But didn't attempt any over 50.

He didn't kick many FGs this past year. He may be good but, I want to see more attempts in college.

Career Kicking Stats
YearTeamGFGMFGAPctXPMXPAPctPts
2018PSU 13162466.7535596.4101
2019PSU 13111291.7565896.689
Career 26273675.010911396.5190

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I quite like Florida's kicker, Evan McPherson. He hit 89.5% of his FGs as both a freshman and a sophomore. Only question I have with him is distance. He hasn't been tested there yet.

He's a good one too, but I guess who every you've seen more of and I have watched Dicker live and there is a thud, when he strikes the ball.