[Oct 23, 2016] Giants @ Rams (London baby!) (Twickenham Stadium, London)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
So with tickets on sale today (and sold out already!) I thought it was time to start the event thread.

I know there are a lot of UK/Europe fans on here and I'm sure some of our American cousins will be making the trip too.

I propose a ROD 'tailgate' and potentially a few beers etc the night before the game depending on interested numbers. Who's in?!

tiger1971

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tiger
I have been an International Series Season Ticket holder fro about three years now and am On It Like a Car Bonnet for this game.

I sent a speculative email to the guys at the Twickenham Stoop (home of Harlequins RUFC) which is just across the road from Twickenham Stadium.

Obviously they are aware of the game in October but have made no plans as yet as they usually take their lead from their Twickenham who host the big international games. Anyway they called me back on Friday afternoon and are quite interested in what we might want from them.

They have a couple of bar areas that they can open up just to serve beer but may also put on food options depending on what the NFL and main stadium plan. I said that we might be able to attract around a hundred Rams fans to have them as an initial meeting place.

We have no idea of the kick off time yet - there are rumours it might be a later kick off to accommodate the West Coast viewers now - but would anyone be interested in making this a meeting place?

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.45...-0.3418637,16z

Less than have a mile to the stadium which will take about 8 minutes according to Google Maps.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
I have been an International Series Season Ticket holder fro about three years now and am On It Like a Car Bonnet for this game.

I sent a speculative email to the guys at the Twickenham Stoop (home of Harlequins RUFC) which is just across the road from Twickenham Stadium.

Obviously they are aware of the game in October but have made no plans as yet as they usually take their lead from their Twickenham who host the big international games. Anyway they called me back on Friday afternoon and are quite interested in what we might want from them.

They have a couple of bar areas that they can open up just to serve beer but may also put on food options depending on what the NFL and main stadium plan. I said that we might be able to attract around a hundred Rams fans to have them as an initial meeting place.

We have no idea of the kick off time yet - there are rumours it might be a later kick off to accommodate the West Coast viewers now - but would anyone be interested in making this a meeting place?

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.45...-0.3418637,16z

Less than have a mile to the stadium which will take about 8 minutes according to Google Maps.
That could be cool -- I'd be up for that for pre-game.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Me too, thanks for taking the initiative on getting something organised!

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Gutted to be missing this one - I was too late to get any tickets, damn clients and not paying me when they should have!

tiger1971

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tiger
Gutted to be missing this one - I was too late to get any tickets, damn clients and not paying me when they should have!

Don't despair!

The teams are sitting on a stack of tickets for players and families, any unallocated tickets get returned in late August / September, limited numbers (500 or so) but worth keeping your eye on.

tiger1971

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tiger

Attachments

• Fan Zone Festival.jpg
    Fan Zone Festival.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 443

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
As with all ROD/Rams events I wish I could be their, But I'd have to Win the California Lottery in order to afford the Trip! Please be sore and Post plenty of Photo's here after the Event!!

yodapic.jpg

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Is that event where the ROD massive are meeting? Looking forward to putting faces to names!!

tiger1971

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tiger
Is that event where the ROD massive are meeting? Looking forward to putting faces to names!!

To be confirmed, I admin the LA Rams UK Facebook page and the guy running the the event above has been quite helpful, he has run these events for the last four years for NFL teams.

I am working on another potential venue though, Twickenham stadium is massive and there is a second smaller stadium just across the road used by a local Rugby Union team. They are considering opening up their bars on the day and I have spoken to their Corporate Hospitality manager already but they need to take a lead from Twickenham stadium and whatever the NFL have planned.

I'm really hoping we can get a decent sized group of Rams fans together pre match and I'll definitely put some pics up.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I didn't even know there was an LA Rams uk FB page... I'll like it and catch you over there!

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Are you 'AW'?

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Has anyone received their tickets yet? Just went out to Ticketmaster.uk and my order status is listed as:
"Your tickets haven’t been dispatched just yet…
Please keep checking back here for updates, or you can check our helpdesk for up to date dispatch info."

They're actually mailing them to me, as opposed to providing a link to a printable PDF.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Has anyone received their tickets yet? Just went out to Ticketmaster.uk and my order status is listed as:
"Your tickets haven’t been dispatched just yet…
Please keep checking back here for updates, or you can check our helpdesk for up to date dispatch info."

They're actually mailing them to me, as opposed to providing a link to a printable PDF.

No, they normally get dispatched much nearer the time. I'm sure last year it was a couple of weeks before the game by the time mine came.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Good to know -- thanks!

If you're really worried about it you can drop them an email. they'll normally give you the option of picking them up from the box office on the day.