OBJ, Von, Stafford - what do they have left?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
How much do "the big additions" have left in them?

Stafford started out on fire but right now, all 3 look past their prime to varying degrees.

Is Donald still capable of wrecking games singlehandedly or is that a thing of the past?

Big Whit isn't half the OT he was 3 years ago. I can't see him not retiring.

Does Robert Woods return next season as his same old dependable self? With the exception of his 1 big game, Woody was struggling before his injury.

Did bringing in Von Miller actually harm our pass rush by forcing Floyd to play the opposite side? Now we have 2 premium edge rushers playing outside of their comfort zones and keeping emerging pass rush talent off the field?

Were Darious Williams, Jordan Fuller and Co just products of Staleys defense or are they just victims of Morris D?

What does next year look like?
I don't think this franchise can withstand another Superbowl Or Bust season.

McVay turned us around before, with the help of a good Fisher roster. Whenever this team has to reload or rebuild or whatever you want to call it, he's going to have his work cut out for him.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
OBJ wasn't a mistake. Even if he doesn't pan out they didn't have to give up resources for him. Miller is another thing. He's a non factor and they gave up valuable picks they were already limited on for him. They gave up even more for Stafford. He's not the savior we thought he'd be. He's more talented than Goff but is he really an upgrade? I think that is a fair question. He lost to two quarterbacks who clearly have less talent than him. Talent isn't the only thing that makes a good quarterback.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Warning ! Rams Kool-aid drinkers don't read further....

This long-time Ram fan has for some time this 2021 season thought that window for another trip to the SB with McVay/Snead was sliding shut. It became clearly evident during the 9ers game.

Once this season has concluded early in the wild card rounds it's going to get seriously ugly in LA.

NEOM

UDFA
Name
MbS
If you don’t win a SB in the next 1-2 years, it was a complete failure

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That’s exactly how I feel. I’d be glad to admit I was wrong , but it’s pretty obvious this isn’t working.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think the offense will come around when he takes his deep pass aggression down a notch or two. This roster cannot execute a deep passing game without run game balance.

He has to ground the offense. Then things will settle down and confidence will build again though we now have a lower ceiling. This WR corps without Woody is marginal, you just scheme Kupp out and the rest of these guys are not gonna scare anyone. Maybe OBJ develops, will he wilt or flourish when the team tells him they need him idk.

Defensively we can't have CBs playing 10 yards off on 3rd and 4 when we need a stop. That stuff is coaching and calls. If Morris can't fix that then he needs to go because otherwise he is limiting the effectiveness of our strengths with AD and Miller and Floyd.

Every team has been bailed out vs our rush with guys open after 1.5 seconds. That is poor coordination and coaching.

Special teams holy shit. Tell you what... How about instead of stopping practice due to high winds you run some full speed teams drills and maybe extra hitting and tackling drills.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Stafford started out on fire but right now, all 3 look past their prime to varying degrees.

I think it's a bit too early to judge Miller and OBJ, but of the two, I think OBJ has a fair amount left in the tank. Stafford is clearly a good QB when he's healthy, but he's been beaten up so much that the health is a legitimate concern IMO. It was probably the biggest concern I had regarding the trade in general because I thought that might limit the size of the upgrade at the position, and it remains in question. At this point in the season we were also 7-4, but we didn't have a 3 game loosing streak going on, the only time that happened was 2019, and of those losses really only one (the 49ers) was on the QB. This streak I think Stafford has to shoulder much of the blame, and that worries me going forward.

Is Donald still capable of wrecking games singlehandedly or is that a thing of the past?

Yes, I think he still can.

Big Whit isn't half the OT he was 3 years ago. I can't see him not retiring.

That's my guess, he came back for one more year, I think he hangs them up at the end of the season.

Does Robert Woods return next season as his same old dependable self? With the exception of his 1 big game, Woody was struggling before his injury.

I think Woods will be okay next season, but I think the issue for his struggles was both him and Stafford not quite being on the same page as well as how he was used. McVay needs to scheme him better next year, IMO.

Did bringing in Von Miller actually harm our pass rush by forcing Floyd to play the opposite side? Now we have 2 premium edge rushers playing outside of their comfort zones and keeping emerging pass rush talent off the field?

I haven't seen enough to make an honest assessment, so I'll punt on this one.

Were Darious Williams, Jordan Fuller and Co just products of Staleys defense or are they just victims of Morris D?

Probably a little of column A and a little of column B. Staley has a great defence, and it elevated guys. Morris seems to have issues with his scheme, I think we have too much talent to struggle like this without there being scheme issues. I wasn't sold on scheme being an issue until lately.

What does next year look like?
I don't think this franchise can withstand another Superbowl Or Bust season.

I think we'll still be fine next year, but I think it might be more like 2020 or maybe even 2019. We'll play hard, we'll win games, but it'll be hard to be seen as contenders unless we hit on some home runs and the guys who went down come back really strong.

McVay turned us around before, with the help of a good Fisher roster. Whenever this team has to reload or rebuild or whatever you want to call it, he's going to have his work cut out for him.

I don't think we need to go as far as any rebuild thing, but I think McVay needs to evaluate himself a little better and improve on his play calling. Weave together elements that made Goff successful with what Stafford can do.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The way OBJ was holding his back my fear is we're gonna find out that he's gonna miss time ahead. And we need that dude settling in out there for this stretch of games. If he goes on IR or something it's gonna be another big hit. Jefferson is just not ready to hold it down on offense. He's ok at best. We need that third heat for matchups and if we have to go to one of these guys who are bottom of the chart McVay might as well throw his deep play chart in the trash because it's gonna be running and the short throws he has said he hates from here on out.