O line backups?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flint

Pro Bowler
Now that the dominos have started to fall and Roger is out the door, what now? The line looks at least serviceable with the addition of Noteboom and Allen but those were the top 2 backups and someone has to get hurt sometime, don’t they?
Is Demby a realistic fill in at guard , and now we need a back up tackle too. But I guess Snead drafted 3 out of the 5 on the line now ,so I guess he should get benefit of the doubt.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Unless Demby had some of Wilson's magic water, I don't think so. At least his preseason play was less than desired. When he's consistently getting knocked off balance by third stringers, he really needs to refine his technique.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
With Saffold and Sullivan being replaced by Noteboom and Allen, the depth of the rams OL is thin. Williams, Murphy, Demby and Neary are barely adequate from what I saw of them in TC and pre-season. They didn't get much work in the regular season. I sure hope they intent to add a vet to the mix, and draft one early.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah depth is the thing now. And as good as this interior OL class looks from a depth perspective we might see them add a guy who can compete a bit on the interior, maybe 2 draftees and it won't require use of our round one pick. If they hit on a couple depth options and Boom keeps improving for LT purposes, we are going to be good for a while on the line.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Demby, Neary, Williams and Murphy plus free agency hasn't even technically begun yet and the draft is 6 weeks away.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Maybe Ryan Groy will be added as a vet back up while they also draft a LG in round 3. That coukd be a real possibility unless they feel Demby can be coached up on his technique while he gets stronger. Then maybe an OT prospect will be drafted to be the swing Tackle.

dang

Legend
As Noteboom, Allen and Demby were drafted last year and essentially put thru a year of training - the Rams will likely draft a couple of OL this year and put them through a similar year of training. I trust the Rams coaching staff in identifying quality OL in the draft. I do believe the Rams need to bring in at least 1 solid vet to fill out the OL depth and fill in should someone get hurt. I am not confident in Williams or Demby should they need to fill in. Ryan Groy comes to mind but I trust the Rams have scouted out several candidates.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Noteboom & Allen were drafted and are now starting. I look for the Rams to add a free agent and draft choice to improve the depth.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Offensive line is not something you want to neglect. Not incredibly confident that Notebloom and Allen can plug in and give us the consistency or dominance we had last season. We must have our eyes on someone who can give us a smoother transition.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Having J Brown is really going to come in handy... Oh wait...
Brown just signed a 6 million dollar per year deal So that's not really relevant since we were never gonna give that kinda money to a guy if he weren't the starter .

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Offensive line is not something you want to neglect. Not incredibly confident that Notebloom and Allen can plug in and give us the consistency or dominance we had last season. We must have our eyes on someone who can give us a smoother transition.
But Sullivan was pretty bad . To the point that even if Allen is below average he'd still be above sully .

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
I trust Kromer to get the line ready and develop the younger guys. If the Rams had a lesser OL coach and overall staff like in the past I would be much more worried. Still a lot of time and opportunity to add some talent and depth to the OL. Blythe was picked up off the scrap heap from Indy, nobody really took notice and the next thing you know he is 16 game starter. There are often under the radar players like Blythe that come out of nowhere and become significant contributors and you do not have to shell out 10 mil plus for then. I trust Rams can now develop offensive line talent, in the past under Fisher not so much.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
It’s a little bizarre to me that he can’t stick with a team. Who can’t use an above average guard?

Something is missing....Pass blocking could be an issue, but when Brown was plugged in at RG initially the Giants improved, however, struggled down the stretch. Who knows? But now Brown is in Atlanta and currently the starting guards for the Rams are Noteboom & Blythe.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
A couple of former Bills are available, although they both have struggled away from OL Coach Aaron Kromer. Ryan Groy took over at center, but was then benched, but came back and played better when Russell Bodine went down with injury. Groy was on everyone's mock off season addition to the OL.

John Miller a former 3rd round pick out of Louisville (sound familiar) played well under Kromer, but after Kromer left has not been that effective. Overall, the Rams could add him to challenge for a roster spot.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Brown just signed a 6 million dollar per year deal So that's not really relevant since we were never gonna give that kinda money to a guy if he weren't the starter .

He would be now that saffold left. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say for his talent 6 mil is pretty cheap.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He would be now that saffold left. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say for his talent 6 mil is pretty cheap.
We had Noteboom when we cut Brown . I highly doubt brown would've been in the plans .