Notre Dame DT Jerry Tillery had surgery to repair a torn labrum

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/51114/jerry-tillery
Notre Dame DT Jerry Tillery had surgery to repair a torn labrum.

It's a 3-4 month recovery. Tillery (6'6/295) participated in the Combine with the injury — testing in the 84th percentile and leading all defensive lineman in SPARQ. He's expected to be ready for training camp, but this takes a hit on his rising draft stock. Tillery is in the first-round mix.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
6 Mar 2019, 15:13

View: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1103393193431830528

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good for him! He's a very real possibility at 31.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He'd play brockers position for us I believe .Not as good in run support but he can get to the QB from the end position .

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
I haven't watched this guy at all.
But, I'm for picking him up just because of the ridiculous amounts of crap he got for "kicking" and "stomping" on usc players (yeah, yeah, throw in talent, need, measurables, too . . . I swear, some of you . . . .)

View: https://twitter.com/FanSportsClips/status/802662743354417152

View: https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/802658736766681088

I'm sure he'd get along with Justin Davis if Davis makes the team:
davistweet.png

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He'd play brockers position for us I believe .Not as good in run support but he can get to the QB from the end position .
Sure appears to be the best DL post for him in this 34 D. But many 43 D teams will be looking @ Tillery ahead of us @ #31 pick too. I hear KC with their new Spags DC is going 43 D & like Tillery a ton.

Wade already has his DE 5 tech future starter here & under contract named John Franklin Myers who 6-4 290 plus frame is sure to come in much bigger & stronger in this summers training Camp. Wade stands a very good chance to get 3rd yr pro ERFA DE Morgan Fox back this season to back up JFM's so the 5 tech post is set. There is no need here especially when you still have a Brock. Rams also have Donald & his back up Smart under contract @ the 3 tech post. Tillery stands over 6-6 & runs 295 pounds not a NT more DE than DT.

The real issue & need here is @ NT.

Last edited:

nighttrain

Legend
this Tillery cat looks like a piece of shit, i totally agree with Davis. No need for him
train

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Tillery has legit pass-rushing skills but has had some bonehead moments, plus his desire for football and work ethic have been called into question. If I’m picking in the first round, or any round for that matter, I’m making sure I invest millions in a kid who is a self-motivated and driven individual especially for football.

Ram65

Legend
Sure appears to be the best DL post for him in this 34 D. But many 43 D teams will be looking @ Tillery ahead of us @ #31 pick too. I hear KC with their new Spags DC is going 43 D & like Tillery a ton.

Wade already has his DE 5 tech future starter here & under contract named John Franklin Myers who 6-4 290 plus frame is sure to come in much bigger & stronger in this summers training Camp. Wade stands a very good chance to get 3rd yr pro ERFA DE Morgan Fox back this season to back up JFM's so the 5 tech post is set. There is no need here especially when you still have a Brock. Rams also have Donald & his back up Smart under contract @ the 3 tech post. Tillery stands over 6-6 & runs 295 pounds not a NT more DE than DT.

The real issue & need here is @ NT.

I agree that JFM is the next 5 tech DE. I hope he gets a little bigger/stronger for 2019. Fox was scheduled to be on the edge at OLBer before he got hurt. Either way the Rams seem to have other needs. Tillery in a 4-3 DT seems like his best fit although he could be a good fit in the 3-4.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I agree that JFM is the next 5 tech DE. I hope he gets a little bigger/stronger for 2019. Fox was scheduled to be on the edge at OLBer before he got hurt. Either way the Rams seem to have other needs. Tillery in a 4-3 DT seems like his best fit although he could be a good fit in the 3-4.

Are you sure that was Fox being moved to an OLB Edge ? I recall Easley receiving that designation, but not remembering hearing that about Fox.

Last edited:

Ram65

Legend
Are you sure that was Fox being moved to an OLB Edge ? I recall Easley receiving that designation, but not remembering hearing that about Fox.

Yes, unfortunately he got hurt early. I remember Wade said something like he was excited to see what Fox could do on the outside. Thought he was a good fit. I wondered if they would have him lose a little weight. Never thought Easley was a good choice on as an OLBer.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/20...morgan-fox-injury-depth-chart-defense-update/
Updated Rams depth chart following Morgan Fox's torn ACL
usatsi_10273662.jpg

241SHARES
TWEET
EMAIL
By: Cameron DaSilva | May 27, 2018 9:00 am ET

It only took one week of OTAs for the Los Angeles Rams to lose a key defensive player for the entire 2018 season. In Thursday’s practice, edge rusher Morgan Fox – who was going to see time at both defensive end and outside linebacker – tore his ACL and will miss all of next season.

While he wasn’t immediately projected to be a starter, he was running with the first-team defensive at outside linebacker on Thursday, suggesting he was rising up the depth chart early on. His injury is obviously more severe than Ogbonnia Okoronkwo’s, but both will impact the Rams’ depth chart heading into training camp.

Here’s how it looks following Fox’s injury:

OLB: Samson Ebukam, Trevon Young, Brian Womac

DE: Michael Brockers, Ethan Westbrooks, Justin Lawler, John Franklin-Myers

OLB: Matt Longacre, Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, Ejuan Price

Franklin-Myers could see time at outside linebacker, too, though he’ll primarily play defensive end and maybe some defensive tackle. As you can see, though, the Rams are very thin at outside linebacker. There’s very little experience or past production in that group, which means Los Angeles could be in for some trouble if another injury were to occur.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Yes, unfortunately he got hurt early. I remember Wade said something like he was excited to see what Fox could do on the outside. Thought he was a good fit. I wondered if they would have him lose a little weight. Never thought Easley was a good choice on as an OLBer.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/20...morgan-fox-injury-depth-chart-defense-update/
Updated Rams depth chart following Morgan Fox's torn ACL
usatsi_10273662.jpg

241SHARES
TWEET
EMAIL
By: Cameron DaSilva | May 27, 2018 9:00 am ET

It only took one week of OTAs for the Los Angeles Rams to lose a key defensive player for the entire 2018 season. In Thursday’s practice, edge rusher Morgan Fox – who was going to see time at both defensive end and outside linebacker – tore his ACL and will miss all of next season.

While he wasn’t immediately projected to be a starter, he was running with the first-team defensive at outside linebacker on Thursday, suggesting he was rising up the depth chart early on. His injury is obviously more severe than Ogbonnia Okoronkwo’s, but both will impact the Rams’ depth chart heading into training camp.

Here’s how it looks following Fox’s injury:

OLB: Samson Ebukam, Trevon Young, Brian Womac

DE: Michael Brockers, Ethan Westbrooks, Justin Lawler, John Franklin-Myers

OLB: Matt Longacre, Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, Ejuan Price

Franklin-Myers could see time at outside linebacker, too, though he’ll primarily play defensive end and maybe some defensive tackle. As you can see, though, the Rams are very thin at outside linebacker. There’s very little experience or past production in that group, which means Los Angeles could be in for some trouble if another injury were to occur.

Thanks for the article on Fox, I hadn't seen it. As for Easley, he was also designated as an OLB early last season before his own injury, it can still be witnessed over at the official Rams roster sheet from the end of last season.

https://www.therams.com/team/players-roster/

Ram65

Legend
Thanks for the article on Fox, I hadn't seen it. As for Easley, he was also designated as an OLB early last season before his own injury, it can still be witnessed over at the official Rams roster sheet from the end of last season.

https://www.therams.com/team/players-roster/

I didn't say Easley wasn't designated an OLB. I said he wasn't a good choice (for me). I liked him on the defensive line. Too bad he could never stay healthy,

Last edited: