Not getting mentioned much

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamUK

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But I thought Rochell did well after getting burned so badly not to meltdown.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
The kid needs to get snaps.

1633787582485.jpeg

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Probably wasn't fair to leave him on two of their best receivers. I thought he had a chance to knock the ball away on that last TD. But it seemed like he mistimed his jump. On the Lockett PI I think he was supposed to have help and Rapp was very late. If it was intentional that was a good play on his part.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Probably wasn't fair to leave him on two of their best receivers. I thought he had a chance to knock the ball away on that last TD. But it seemed like he mistimed his jump. On the Lockett PI I think he was supposed to have help and Rapp was very late. If it was intentional that was a good play on his part.
Yeah, on the TD I think he got a little lost on the field. He had the coverage, then like stopped and turned around. It wss weird, but he'll learn from it.

RamUK

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'll take that penalty all day. If he hadn't, it woulda been six.
Yep. I thought it was idiotic at first, but then it looked like a pro move.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Another thing not mentioned much is the Rams currently leading the NFL with the fewest penalties.

I agree Rochelle performed admirably and with more experience he will only get better. Compare his play to Long's recently and I think its safe to say that I prefer Rochelle making rookie mistakes over Long getting beat repeatedly.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I hope that they can force feed him for the next few weeks and that he can grow while doing minimal damage in this soft part of the schedule.
Physically, he's just perfect and exactly what they need. It's a long season and a lot of time to learn and get better.

Curt760

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Curt760
Rochelle will be okay. On that TD pass to Metcalf, Rochelle turned in when Metcalf did then started looking for the ball which he should have but then Metcalf backed peddled away from Rochelle. Ball was just thrown well. Rochelle will get better and you only get better by playing.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I liked how Rochell learned from his mistakes. I want to see more of Brown and Harris on the defense and offense respectively; I have to imagine that BB3 is an upgrade over Hoecht.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I liked how Rochell learned from his mistakes. I want to see more of Brown and Harris on the defense and offense respectively; I have to imagine that BB3 is an upgrade over Hoecht.
Completely different players and missions at this point, I'd say. Hoecht is a guy who can penatrate, or at least they hope he is. Brown should get to where he can collapse a pocket at some point.. but I'd say he's just a massive anchor right now. Nothing wrong with that, but it's not what they need.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
I like Rochelle, dude missed time with an injury during the offseason...He had a monster pass break up in the end zone (I actually thought it was Ramsey at first). I liked that he was able to run with the WR stride for stride and also was physical enough not to let himself get boxed out like David Long did last week.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Another thing not mentioned much is the Rams currently leading the NFL with the fewest penalties.

I agree Rochelle performed admirably and with more experience he will only get better. Compare his play to Long's recently and I think its safe to say that I prefer Rochelle making rookie mistakes over Long getting beat repeatedly.
Also safe to say they likely burn two of their first 4 picks on CB, unless Williams is back and even then at least one pick. However, I do like Rochelle's potential. Love having two 6'-2" CBs in Ramsey & Rochelle.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I like Rochelle, dude missed time with an injury during the offseason...He had a monster pass break up in the end zone (I actually thought it was Ramsey at first). I liked that he was able to run with the WR stride for stride and also was physical enough not to let himself get boxed out like David Long did last week.
Long reminds me of Tye Hill. At times he is right with the WR, but doesn't make a play on the ball.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Also safe to say they likely burn two of their first 4 picks on CB, unless Williams is back and even then at least one pick. However, I do like Rochelle's potential. Love having two 6'-2" CBs in Ramsey & Rochelle.
I don't think 2 of their first four, at least not if Rochelle plays out. Not at this point, anyway. Have to wait and see if Long can contribute on the inside first.
But, yep, they'll need to draft another bigger CB higher up, it looks like.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
Long reminds me of Tye Hill. At times he is right with the WR, but doesn't make a play on the ball.

Good comparison, I think Long's skillset probably has him best suited for the nickle spot too...

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Completely different players and missions at this point, I'd say. Hoecht is a guy who can penatrate, or at least they hope he is. Brown should get to where he can collapse a pocket at some point.. but I'd say he's just a massive anchor right now. Nothing wrong with that, but it's not what they need.

Disagree on BB3. His strengths in college were knifing into the backfield and bullrushing. He is solid against the run as well. Only weakness was his motor, which tended to run cold; that’s why he fell.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
If he plays Metcalfs TD a little better he comes up with the pick. And he did a nice job on Lockett in the end zone. And while he got burned on the deep pass to Lockett he also saved a sure TD.
Lockett is gonna feast on most DBs he's a great WR

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Disagree on BB3. His strengths in college were knifing into the backfield and bullrushing. He is solid against the run as well. Only weakness was his motor, which tended to run cold; that’s why he fell.
I'm strictly talking about who they are right now. Hoecht's been working on pass-rush for a year and spend entire offseason with pass-rush coach. He's further developed on that.
All I saw out of BB3 in preseason was the strength and size. I'm not saying he won't get there, I just don't think there's a comparison right now.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame

Agree. Long is getting targeted more every week, and it's not going well.