Not cool.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Anonymous

My dogs got skunked. By morning the whole house will smell like it and they're outside. Fuggin nother trip to the lake for the tomato juice bath. Hope they killed it this time. :dangit:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I've never had the misfortune of smelling that before. Is it as bad as they say?

Anonymous

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Driving down the road catching a whiff of flattened skunk....smells artificial like a weird plastic burning....acrid....but not bad at all.

But with both dogs showered in it.....damn....simply overpowering.....gives me a headache.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
StlouisramsX said:
I've never had the misfortune of smelling that before. Is it as bad as they say?

No. It's worse.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
StlouisramsX said:

It's like if Albert Haynesworth ate at Grande meal @ Taco Bell, w/ a side order of beans. Multiply that by 100X. Still ain't that close. :sick:

RamsFan4Life

Starter
I know from past experience, hydrogen peroxide works better than tomato juice.

Skunk scent is an "oil" and can be VERY hard to get off the dog.....especially if you let it dry. Don't get it on your clothes or use a towel u will ever use again on even a "clean" dog.......you won't ever be able to fully launder the smell from clothes or towels.

There is a solution of hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and dish soap that u mix, coat the affected area, allow to sit for a bit and then bathe the dog normally.

I would recommend just washing the sprayed part first. If not the oil will be all over the dog and harder to get rid of. After once of twice with the HP solution-mix, then you can wash the whole dog.

Mercaptan "can" blind an animal......if your dog got it in the face it may have gotten in its eyes. Keep the HP solution out of their eyes and mouth.....if the muzzle got sprayed, use a towel or sponge to put the solution on the dog's muzzle and be careful when rinsing.

Anonymous

Thanks but didn't want to use the HP because didn't want to risk getting it in their eyes even with coating their eyeballs. They were sprayed about 18 hours before. Used Dawn dishwashing liquid but with cold water. Seems to have worked fine and since they're not running into trees yet I guess the skunk didn't hit them in their eyes. Unfortunately the skunk lives to spray another day. :dangit:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
squeaky wheel said:
Thanks but didn't want to use the HP because didn't want to risk getting it in their eyes even with coating their eyeballs. They were sprayed about 18 hours before. Used Dawn dishwashing liquid but with cold water. Seems to have worked fine and since they're not running into trees yet I guess the skunk didn't hit them in their eyes. Unfortunately the skunk lives to spray another day. :dangit:
Man, don't blame the skunks. I use the same defense mechanism to get my wife out of my man cave.

"Sure you don't wanna stay? I'm just finishing up these chilli cheese nachos. Oh c'mon... don't be like that!"
Sweet solitude...

Anonymous

StlouisramsX said:
squeaky wheel said:
Man, don't blame the skunks. I use the same defense mechanism to get my wife out of my man cave.

"Sure you don't wanna stay? I'm just finishing up these chilli cheese nachos. Oh c'mon... don't be like that!"
Sweet solitude...

Well congrats on that innate ability. :sly: I achieved the same goal by papering my man cave with posters and standups of hot babes. :nana: