No Look Thing of Beauty

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I remember back in camp that Kupp described one of Stafford's throws as "disgusting."

Yep, sounds about right

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

it's good to see that practising that throw 1000 times in camp and team practice every week paid off during a game.

Bkfld_Rams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I suspect a “No look” on the Woods touchdown too.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Yeah, that was definitely football pron. He purposely threw it a little behind to Kupp could get his body turned around for the walk in score......that is my story and I'm sticking to it!!!

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Stafford is fun.

I like QBs that are fun.

Now, just clean up some of the small stuff.. go with the easy read once in a while, and you’re the MVP.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Stafford is fun.

I like QBs that are fun.

Now, just clean up some of the small stuff.. go with the easy read once in a while, and you’re the MVP.
At this point it's just knit picking but yes he does miss the check down at times when no one is open down field. I assume they'll iron out those issues by the bye week.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
At this point it's just knit picking but yes he does miss the check down at times when no one is open down field. I assume they'll iron out those issues by the bye week.
It is nitpicking, but I think that's the primary reason he was sacked yesterday? At least on one play.

He'll just be next-level awesome if he starts doing that when it's called for.

MachS

Hall of Fame
He doesn't do it just to do it either. He's intentional with it and how it manipulates a certain defender. This throw completely fooled the safety who drove on Higbee and allowed Kupp to score. Last week there was a ridiculous on the move no-look on 3rd down vs Seattle that fooled a LB and he hit Woods across the middle. Stafford has been very good through 6 weeks no doubt about it.

TexasRam

Legend
It was truly an excellent play and he’s been killing with the eyes and body language all year.

When I rewatched that play i counted several defenders that were frozen or leaning the wrong way due to his eyes, which lead to the TD.

It’s one part of his game that makes you think he can put us over the edge for sure.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Yeah and he's fucked up throws to open receivers and left points on the field too. But I think it's just reps tbh. It being a new offense and the Rams not letting their starters play in preseason I get that he's not taking full advantage of shit.

And when I say new offense that's not to mean he's never played in a WCO, he was exposed to Bevell in 2019 but I also think there's a big difference in Bevell and McVay in everything from number of plays to depth of the gameplanning not to mention all the adjustments they've been pushing pre-snap in some of the games. McVay's a bit of a madman there I think.

But even aside from points left on the field he's 4th in passer rating at 113.4. And Dak (115.3), Wilson (116), and Murray (116.2) are all within 3 points so he's playing as well as anyone at the position right now overall. I'm thinking there's a reasonable chance after the next two weeks that he'll jump a bit too.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
But even aside from points left on the field he's 4th in passer rating at 113.4. And Dak (115.3), Wilson (116), and Murray (116.2) are all within 3 points so he's playing as well as anyone at the position right now overall. I'm thinking there's a reasonable chance after the next two weeks that he'll jump a bit too.

And all of those guys, if their guy isn't open, or the 2nd read (maybe) and they take off running. Stafford is the top rated pocket passer on the list.