Nick Hampton’s best position?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Hampton is in the boat with a few Rams' backups that better get to patching or rowing one.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I keyed on Hampton last year in preseason and recall how he just got swallowed up by OT's. Was utterly neutralized. Looked so small as if he was a DB out there.

Only chance is if he bulked up in the off-season and prepared like a maniac. Hampton's first year was a disappointment for sure.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
Has he ever played ILB?? If not, I'm not sure he's a fit to transition there. My only real disappointment in this draft is that really didn't address ILB...... and we haven't addressed it with UDFAs... smh..

My hopes are now with Olakunle Fatukasi to get a real chance to displace Rozenboom as our other starting ILB.

but anyways, yeah...I think Hampton's spot on the roster is fragile.. Honestly Kier Thomas may be ahead of him now. Hampton may be destined for the practice squad.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I guess I could see the argument that he's gone but... we just don't know. Reasons he might not be are the biggest jump for a lot of players is between years 1 and 2. He is small but he wasn't anywhere near an NFL strength and weight program (Appalachian St has nothing when compared to NFL) so we may see him remake his body and keep his speed next year. That being said, reports were his frame prob couldn't carry more weight.

Will be interesting to see. But I could see him or Mathis being gone at some point. Mathis sounds like he needs to get his head on straight. Additionally, Mathis could stand to remake himself in the weight room so will be interesting to see what happens there.

God, I wish I had access to what they do. Especially as I get older. Can't throw down a big mac anymore and pump out some squats and just watch muscle grow.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
BTW, Ourlads mentions, at least in their view, that he showed ability to play inside LB

"Lacks the size of a traditional NFL edge rusher. Can easily be overpowered by offensive tackles on the edge versus run due to his lack of an anchor. When his speed move does not work, he tends to stall out in pass rush. Struggles to finish tackles due to his lack of functional strength, and allows too many yards after contact. May add value as an inside linebacker, and he shows the athleticism and coverage skills to make the transition."

Last edited:

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He is on notice so needs to create a pathway

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
This. If I'm his agent I'm telling him teams needs to be his primary focus this season to ensure he makes the roster.

Easier said than done.If that was the case he would have already been a head of the game.The New Rule will hurt his chances of making The Rams roster.