Nick Foles under pressure

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
Here is a vid of our new qb performing under not so ideal conditions.I suspect he will have to deal
with some of this at least initially next year.I love the way he works the pocket to buy time.I'm not
sure if this has been posted previously.Either way it's a pretty good clip.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A lot of this was 2013 when he was playing lights out. But it is nice seeing somebody see the pressure and react to keep a play alive. And especially to do this and not end up turning the ball over. I hope we get this Foles with a solid run game and him playing like this under center we have a good shot in 2015.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I Like The way he moves around and buys time Keeping his eyes down field!
If he plays like he did in this piece, with our D, we're a Lock for the Top of the Division!

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Wow. if that's the guy who shows up for the Rams, things look pretty good indeed...He did throw some up for grabs, he really trusted his receivers...I was impressed with his arm strength throwing while on the move...He also put some nice heat on a couple of deep outs he threw...Nice highlite reel..Most impressive to me was his pocket presence and ability to move very well under pressure...

RamzFanz

Damnit
Watch this video and just watch his feet. Awesome. They are always moving. He's like a dancer. Then he sets and throws or uses change of direction to free himself.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
It will simply be nice to have a starting caliber qb under center for the year.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
I believe people are going to be pleasantly surprised by Foles. That is my prediction.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
But it is nice seeing somebody see the pressure and react to keep a play alive. And especially to do this and not end up turning the ball over.
+1
Wow. if that's the guy who shows up for the Rams, things look pretty good indeed
+1
Watch this video and just watch his feet. Awesome. They are always moving. He's like a dancer. Then he sets and throws or uses change of direction to free himself.
+1
It will simply be nice to have a starting caliber qb under center for the year.
+1
I believe people are going to be pleasantly surprised by Foles. That is my prediction.
+1

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Yes, very good catch my friend.

First thing I do when I watch a QB highlight film, especially when it's a clip of a guy who is supposed to be a top pick in the draft, is watch his head and feet and you are right he has very good feet. For a guy his size he is pretty nimble too.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
I like the way he buys time in the pocket to extend plays and his awareness of where pressure is coming from and where his receivers are. He's a bit of a gambler, makes quite a few throws across his body and across the field but does it well. I'm looking forward to seeing our big receivers Britt, Cook and Quick going after some of those throws where he heaves it up and trusts his guys to go get it.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Here is a vid of our new qb performing under not so ideal conditions.I suspect he will have to deal
with some of this at least initially next year.I love the way he works the pocket to buy time.I'm not
sure if this has been posted previously.Either way it's a pretty good clip.

Great Video! Thanks for sharing this with us! I am not a gambler but if I was I would bet that Foles will end up with much better stats (Especially in number of games played and the Win column) than Sam Bradford AND I am a Sam Bradford (I just don't have a lot of confidence he can stay healthy) fan! I am very, very excited to see what Foles will do for the Rams offense this year!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
In those clips he's showing good feet, pocket awareness, and is processing the field well.

He takes more chances than we are used to seeing, and I'm not sure where I sit with that. We do have tall / physical players to go get those footballs.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Love his pocket awareness. He moves laterally so well and keeps his eyes downfield (shut it Collinsworth). I also like how well he throws across his body. I really think he helped make that OL look better than it was in 13'. He does so many things well naturally, and the flaws in his game are 100% correctable in my mind. Super excited to see him this season.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
In those clips he's showing good feet, pocket awareness, and is processing the field well.

He takes more chances than we are used to seeing, and I'm not sure where I sit with that. We do have tall / physical players to go get those footballs.

I concur his quick feet come from his basketball days and I'm okay with the chances as long as he limits the turnovers. IMO this offense is a great match for Foles and the team has been starving for a competent healthy Field General and IMO they have found that in NickFoleon Dynamite!
aee3781c8f5fb418e81b52dfb30338b1.497x280x1.jpg

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I like the way he buys time in the pocket to extend plays and his awareness of where pressure is coming from and where his receivers are.

You can't teach the mental processing part. It's what separates the good QB's from the poor... because they are all athletically gifted.

I am super stoked to have Foles and look forward to seeing him play. I think @den-the-coach is right; our offense could be a perfect match for his skill set.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I think @den-the-coach is right; our offense could be a perfect match for his skill set.

I'm not always right @CGI_Ram , but I'm never wrong.;)...Seriously I was stoked from the outset I truly believe this is our guy and I like the fact that they're going young on the offensive line to build a cohesive unit in front of him.

One other tidbit, Philadelphia fans who do not hand out complements well, I mean how could they? They live in Philadelphia? Anyway many stated that Foles greatest asset was that he was at his best with the game on the line. I'm also pleased with the addition of QB Coach Chris Weinke and offensive Assistant Jeff Garcia that can only aid in the growth process of Foles.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I like the way he buys time in the pocket to extend plays and his awareness of where pressure is coming from and where his receivers are. He's a bit of a gambler, makes quite a few throws across his body and across the field but does it well. I'm looking forward to seeing our big receivers Britt, Cook and Quick going after some of those throws where he heaves it up and trusts his guys to go get it.
Kinda like Favre/ For those of you Mike Martz fans .... Martz would love this kid and his willingness to gamble.

nighttrain

Legend
Sure looks like he moves very, very well. Not afraid to tuck the ball and run, and he knows when to go down. Gonna be a huge difference from SB, and i think the Philly fanatics are gonna get on Kelly hard:shooting:
train

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame

Too many times the QB gets either the praise/criticism for this. But actually, you need to have receivers also that are willing to work with their QB when he is under duress .... keep the route going or break it off and "help" the QB.

It was an early knock on BQ to not know how to use his body and fight for the ball and it's definitely my biggest knock on Givens not finishing routes or making moves (comeback, redirect, fight for the ball) . The QB and receivers need to be on the same page for this stuff to happen. Sometimes it's not just the QB ... sometimes it's a gutless or lazy Receiver to blame.

You HAVE to gamble in this league to be successful. And it takes everyone doing their part.