NFL Streaming on PS5

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I just finished reconfiguring my computer room which ironically I removed my computer from.

Now I have a 50” TCL 4k 120Hz tv and PS5 (tv just got put up and was only $300 at Best Buy and it’s a damned bargain, lemme tell ya)

Problem is I used to stream the Rams on my computer. Is there a way to stream on the PS5? I’ll drop the $100 on NFL Sunday Ticket or w/e and I’ll be signing up for ExpressVPN I think later today and I’m pretty sure I can have the router use the VPN.

The goal is to watch the Rams live in 4K. I might have another alternative, but I’d like to try to work this out without having to MacGyver too much.

Help me Obi-ROD Kenobi… you’re my only hope!

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Think I got it worked out… the tv is airplay enabled and I was able to stream YouTube to my tv and have it fill the screen. I may have to get an iPad to improve the resolution and I was planning that anyway to eventually replace my Mac Pro, but at least I can stream from my phone!

When the recliner gets delivered, I’ll take a pic

Tano

Legend
I'm lazy. I just hook up my computer to the TV and then stream it from the computer onto my 70 inch TV

What are apps?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Download the NFL Sunday Ticket app on your Smart TV... you don't need the PS for that anymore.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Download the NFL Sunday Ticket app on your Smart TV... you don't need the PS for that anymore.

Went to buy it… said my address isn’t eligible… which sucks. Next season the new deal will be streaming only, but this season it’s the same crap.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I'm lazy. I just hook up my computer to the TV and then stream it from the computer onto my 70 inch TV

What are apps?

I loved my comp upstairs… so no joy.

But I verified I can stream it from my phone… but that leaves me at the mercy of finding a stream… I’d prefer to just pay for it if possible, but seems like no dice

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Went to buy it… said my address isn’t eligible… which sucks. Next season the new deal will be streaming only, but this season it’s the same crap.

I know a way around that... because it happened to me when I moved a year ago.

My old address worked because my old asshole HOA wouldn't allow dishes on the homes because they said they are eye sores. When I moved... my new address isn't eligible because my new HOA is not run by dumbasses and they allow dishes. I tried to renew my deal right before the season last year and my new address was now attached to my credit card... so I called my credit card company and had them switch my billing address back to my old one and it worked fine. Changed my address back on the cc the next day. Dish checks by your billing address on the card you use.

I'll do it again this year. You just need an address that will work and you can do the same. I happen to know a neighborhood that qualifies. LOL

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Sunday ticket it the only reason i have Direct and havent cut the cord.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Sunday ticket it the only reason i have Direct and havent cut the cord.
They gave me Ticket for free this year and last year. Direct TV is finally being loyal to their longer term subscribers.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Unfortunately, I don’t have an address like that and with my VA benefits, changing my address even for a day can cause huge probs… when my dad moved down here (he has same name), the VA got really wonky with my mail even though I did nothing… so that’s not an option for me. I’ve even had problems when I start getting mail forwarded from an old address… which is nuts because when I try to change my address through the VA, it takes at least three attempts for the change to happen… Govt IT contracting at its finest…

I signed up for NFL+ and it works well on my phone.

As for airplay to my tv? Not so much… I get about 3 minutes in and it just craps out. Now my phone has been glitchy from the jump (won’t run certain apps, weird crashes, etc), so it may be the phone… I’m planning to buy the new M2 iPad Pro 12.9” in October, but that means until then, watching on my phone in my new recliner or going upstairs and watching streams on my comp, neither of which is appealing.

I tried to stream from the former r/nflstreams and has the same 3 minute issue. Which is weird because I can stream a movie this way no prob… just live events seem to cause an issue

I’ll trouble shoot it more tomorrow during the Friday games and hopefully find some kind of accommodation…

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Unfortunately, I don’t have an address like that and with my VA benefits, changing my address even for a day can cause huge probs… when my dad moved down here (he has same name), the VA got really wonky with my mail even though I did nothing… so that’s not an option for me. I’ve even had problems when I start getting mail forwarded from an old address… which is nuts because when I try to change my address through the VA, it takes at least three attempts for the change to happen… Govt IT contracting at its finest…

I signed up for NFL+ and it works well on my phone.

As for airplay to my tv? Not so much… I get about 3 minutes in and it just craps out. Now my phone has been glitchy from the jump (won’t run certain apps, weird crashes, etc), so it may be the phone… I’m planning to buy the new M2 iPad Pro 12.9” in October, but that means until then, watching on my phone in my new recliner or going upstairs and watching streams on my comp, neither of which is appealing.

I tried to stream from the former r/nflstreams and has the same 3 minute issue. Which is weird because I can stream a movie this way no prob… just live events seem to cause an issue

I’ll trouble shoot it more tomorrow during the Friday games and hopefully find some kind of accommodation…
I use an app called Dofu and stream in HD From my phone to my TV via YouTube. Easy peazy free and breezy.

JustMe

Rookie
Name
Just Me
Simply download gamepass international.. signup using your vpn from a country like india. Been doing it for years.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
EUREKA!!!

Pushed up an iPad Pro purchase… was gonna wait for the M2 as a way to replace both my and wife’s desktops (she has a reg iPad already) and it works flawlessly…

Already watched 2 games on it and should be good to watch the Rams game in a bit…

I guess it’s just another example of my glitchy phone being glitchy… I’m not the only one who’s having this issue, but so far seems to be great!!!

Pic on my 4k tv is brilliant

Lastly, I’ve had my beefs with various Apple products, but the setup using my iPhone to initiate the process was so damn smooth, it felt like magic… Apple when they get something right… oooweeee, do they get it right