NFL Playbook 49ers Rams Preview

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
I don't like what they've done with Playbook. Instead of previewing every game, they focus on the Thursday game and marquee matchups. This week it was--surprise!--Dallas @ Seattle.
:jerkoff:

Penguin.

Rookie
Can you blame them? Besides us, who wants to hear about the Rams? I mean, we barely beat a TB team without Gerald McCoy, their best player, and without Mike Glennon, a far better QB than Josh McCown. That show is based on views, and it seems like the public would be more interested in stars like Tony Romo, Dez Bryant, Demarco Murray, Jason Witten, Richard Sherman, Russell Wilson, Earl Thomas, Kam Chancellor, Marshawn Lynch, etc. Than Austin Davis (who not a lot of people even know about) and the Rams. I mean, I really wish they would expand our role like they did before the season started with all that Michael Sam and Aaron Donald hype, but no one wants to watch us besides us.

jjab360

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Can you blame them? Besides us, who wants to hear about the Rams? I mean, we barely beat a TB team without Gerald McCoy, their best player, and without Mike Glennon, a far better QB than Josh McCown. That show is based on views, and it seems like the public would be more interested in stars like Tony Romo, Dez Bryant, Demarco Murray, Jason Witten, Richard Sherman, Russell Wilson, Earl Thomas, Kam Chancellor, Marshawn Lynch, etc. Than Austin Davis (who not a lot of people even know about) and the Rams. I mean, I really wish they would expand our role like they did before the season started with all that Michael Sam and Aaron Donald hype, but no one wants to watch us besides us.
That's not the point. If I wanted to watch BS about the big name players on the big market teams, I would watch ESPN. NFL Network is supposed to show analysis and breakdowns on all 32 teams as they've said over and over again in their advertisements. There are fans of every team watching and they need to acknowledge that better.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

We shoulda beat Philly and Dallas. We do that and we're being talked about quite a bit.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
who are the Niners playing again this week? did they even mention it? i couldnt hear it through that mouthful of Niners dick they were swallowing.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I can't fucking stand those dickheads who do playbook. Brian Billick is so washed up it's not even funny.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Why would anyone expect these guys to say anything differently? These analyst breakdown segments do nothing more than pi$$ most RAMS fans which is why I refuse to watch them. When I see there is a clip on the site, I read the first couple comments before I decide it may be worth watching. The NFL Network is owned by team owners, and every team should get equal billing regardless of how good or bad they are. The NFL is fickle and when one team is hot they get all the attention while teams struggling get little to none. I'm sure Kroenke has an equal share in the revenues/expense coming from the network, so you would think all teams should be represented evenly. When the RAMS start having consistent success, I guarantee they will get higher billing on all the networks.

With that said, it will be really difficult to watch the game tomorrow night on "the 4-letter" network. It will be so hard to listen to Trico and Gruden tomorrow night drooling over the whiners. Guaranteed anything positive by the RAMS will be viewed, by them, as a "mistake by the whiners" and anything the whiners do poorly will be viewed as "poor play execution." I only watch that network for college sports, i.e. games. I cannot stand most of their the hi-light shows because there is too much discussion in-between breaking down mostly trivial BS. Everyone on that network are "experts" and they all need to get their 15 minutes of fame. Their pre-game show for the NFL is so sickening I don't think I have watched more than 15 minutes over the last 5 years. The NFL Network is a little bit better, but they have their favorites too. I primarily watch FOX pre-game because it's short and I like the guys. They seem to have good chemistry.

Penguin.

Rookie
You're not a Rams fan, are you? Rhetorical question.

We shoulda beat Philly and Dallas. We do that and we're being talked about quite a bit.

Probably a bigger fan than you, I just keep an open mind. I don't fanboy over them in every situation. I understand why the NFL Network wants more views, not less. I love the Rams, and I always will, but they don't think fair. They think about money.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Probably a bigger fan than you, I just keep an open mind. I don't fanboy over them in every situation. I understand why the NFL Network wants more views, not less. I love the Rams, and I always will, but they don't think fair. They think about money.

If the emergence of a 3rd string QB to the top 10 isn't worth a single mention, then what is? I mean, wouldn't San Fran fans even be interested?

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Probably a bigger fan than you, I just keep an open mind.

I'll assume you mean Rams fan, you didn't specify.

Post freely, friend or foe. Just don't bash the Rams for a lack of love for them. That's all I ask.

Penguin.

Rookie
I'll assume you mean Rams fan, you didn't specify.

Post freely, friend or foe. Just don't bash the Rams for a lack of love for them. That's all I ask.

I didn't need to. You said I wasn't a Rams fan. Thus being a Rams fan was the subject of this conversation. To add to that point, I am assuming you are a Rams fan since you are on this board. What other type of fan could I have been talking about if we are on a Ram's message board, conversing about being a Rams fan?

I am not bashing. I am just not dick riding. I can post whatever I want as long as it is not against the rules. Is having an open mind against the rules, or am I forced to not point out the downside of having a huge segment on NFL Network dedicated to the Rams?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They did mention the Rams once. I believe they said, "Yadda yadda yadda Rams game" and then Billick started talking about his Justin Smith boner.