NEW: Assessing Kroenke's Noncommittal and the Rams Future

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Re: NEW: Assessing Kroenke's Noncommittal and the Rams Futur

Good read Shane. And I couldn't agree more. I think Stan will play his hand out to the end. He will get as close a deal to what he already has in mind in likely a couple different scenarios. It's my guess that in the end, the Rams will be in St Louis for the long haul and Rams fans will have a facility they can be proud of with a team that competes year in and year out. It will be nerve racking and there will certainly be many who bang the drum of the Rams moving back to LA or elsewhere. But IMO the Rams have an owner most fans would love to have heading up their team.

I would also say that if the Rams move, you should likely be pointing your pitchforks at the CVC - not the native son who helped bring you the team in the first place.

STL-Rams

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

RamFan503 said:
Good read Shane. And I couldn't agree more. I think Stan will play his hand out to the end. He will get as close a deal to what he already has in mind in likely a couple different scenarios. It's my guess that in the end, the Rams will be in St Louis for the long haul and Rams fans will have a facility they can be proud of with a team that competes year in and year out. It will be nerve racking and there will certainly be many who bang the drum of the Rams moving back to LA or elsewhere. But IMO the Rams have an owner most fans would love to have heading up their team.

I would also say that if the Rams move, you should likely be pointing your pitchforks at the CVC - not the native son who helped bring you the team in the first place.

Agree on ALL counts ... great post.

superfan24

Starter

Sending 3 regular season games and the prime game for next season doesn't help....fuck

bluecoconuts

Legend

superfan24 said:
Sending 3 regular season games and the prime game for next season doesn't help....fuck

Actually it does. It's unlikely he would be planning on moving the team back to Los Angeles if he was planning on sending them to London (an 8 hour time difference) every year.

There's no way a team is being moved to London anytime soon either, so I'm not worried. If anything this move says he's more committed in keeping the team in St. Louis, and the extra revenue from expanding the fanbase overseas will help cover stadium upgrade/upkeep costs for keeping the team in St. Louis.

Anonymous

bluecoconuts said:
superfan24 said:
Sending 3 regular season games and the prime game for next season doesn't help....freak

Actually it does. It's unlikely he would be planning on moving the team back to Los Angeles if he was planning on sending them to London (an 8 hour time difference) every year.

There's no way a team is being moved to London anytime soon either, so I'm not worried. If anything this move says he's more committed in keeping the team in St. Louis, and the extra revenue from expanding the fanbase overseas will help cover stadium upgrade/upkeep costs for keeping the team in St. Louis.

Sorry but the whole "expanding the fan base overseas" is pure BS for a 15-65 team. It's called a non-answer.

bluecoconuts

Legend

squeaky wheel said:
bluecoconuts said:
superfan24 said:
Sending 3 regular season games and the prime game for next season doesn't help....freak

Sorry but the whole "expanding the fan base overseas" is pure BS for a 15-65 team. It's called a non-answer.

Then he can move them to LA, I'm not going to argue if he wants to move them here. I know he's not moving them to London though. I don't think he's going to move them at all honestly.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim

squeaky wheel said:
Hmmm. For all your optimism about Fisher, you're still thinking in the past. I thought the future was now, not weighted down by the failure of the last 5 seasons.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame

Ram Quixote said:
squeaky wheel said:
Hmmm. For all your optimism about Fisher, you're still thinking in the past. I thought the future was now, not weighted down by the failure of the last 5 seasons.

To forget the history will cause it to repeat itself. That's why Fisher and his experience is here to break the cycle of incompetence.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim

Yamahopper said:
Ram Quixote said:
squeaky wheel said:

To forget the history will cause it to repeat itself. That's why Fisher and his experience is here to break the cycle of incompetence.
I agree, yet we can't allow the past to influence how we react to actions intended to improve the future, before they've even had the chance to succeed or fail.

You really can't put the attempt to expand the fan base in the context of previous failures, when marketing, new FO and coaching staff haven't even begun their attempt to reverse the trend.

Anonymous

Ram Quixote said:
squeaky wheel said:

Well that is the state of the Rams brand today. Unless there's lightning on the field like the GSOT for Rams 2012.....I stand by what I wrote. Though I assure you I'm extremely optimistic about the Rams future success. I believe anywhere between 7-9 wins this season with at least 4 wins within our division. Is that optimistic enough? :tooth:

Anonymous

Yamahopper said:
Ram Quixote said:
squeaky wheel said:

EXACTLY. By his second and third year these past 5 years will be a distant memory.

Anonymous

Ram Quixote said:
Yamahopper said:
Ram Quixote said:
squeaky wheel said:

I agree, yet we can't allow the past to influence how we react to actions intended to improve the future, before they've even had the chance to succeed or fail.

You really can't put the attempt to expand the fan base in the context of previous failures, when marketing, new FO and coaching staff haven't even begun their attempt to reverse the trend.

Well if you can market a 15-65 team in another part of the world......on second thought......$23 worth of glass beads bought Manhattan from the Indians......