Neil deGrasse Tyson SoFi stadium walk through

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is incredible. This stadium is going to be unreal!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN5uda8DJa4

I just watched it and this was the best video about the stadium I have ever seen. Of course Tyson is curious and asked excellent questions, and probably asked questions that he already knew the answers to but knew the answers were things he found interesting.

"So what about bird poop" and maintaining the clarity level of the roof?
The handler answered that they will have power washing machines up there, and also hawks.
Tyson= "So the National Geographic option." Bigger pooping birds are eating the smaller more voluminously pooping birds.
handler=There will actually be Falconeers who will manage these birds.

Wow, I did not know this and very cool This were just one part of the questioning...

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
He always cracks me up, but that is tops. Looks like some of it was conversed or even contrived for talking points, but impressive.

Curt760

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Curt760
Hey cameras in the helmet idea was great.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just watched it and this was the best video about the stadium I have ever seen. Of course Tyson is curious and asked excellent questions, and probably asked questions that he already knew the answers to but knew the answers were things he found interesting.

"So what about bird poop" and maintaining the clarity level of the roof?
The handler answered that they will have power washing machines up there, and also hawks.
Tyson= "So the National Geographic option." Bigger pooping birds are eating the smaller more voluminously pooping birds.
handler=There will actually be Falconeers who will manage these birds.

Wow, I did not know this and very cool This were just one part of the questioning...

I think the 'handler' was just kidding.

He seemed to be pushing himself to match an interesting conversation with Neil.

I thought it was great.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the 'handler' was just kidding.

He seemed to be pushing himself to match an interesting conversation with Neil.

I thought it was great.
You don't believe the hawks thing? I think I do because they never corrected it to just being a joke.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh ya, a scientist who has time for this? LOL...ACTOR...who memorizes lines and has a fake degree....lacks a lot of
He asked great questions and the answers were interesting. *shrugs. You are missing out.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
What in the world are you talking about? :palm:
He claims to be a scientist....he is just an actor. NO 'real' scientist has time for this. HE is a professional actor, and all his 'scientist' lines are written for him....I am sure I could be wrong, but wow....I don't believe anything about him

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He claims to be a scientist....he is just an actor. NO 'real' scientist has time for this. HE is a professional actor, and all his 'scientist' lines are written for him....I am sure I could be wrong, but wow....I don't believe anything about him
The video has nothing to do with his being a scientist (or not), although the perception of him being an intelligent guy is presented. If a robot was asking the questions, it wouldn't matter...it's the validity of the answers from the representative that I liked!

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
He claims to be a scientist....he is just an actor. NO 'real' scientist has time for this. HE is a professional actor, allI am sure I could be wrong, but wow....I don't believe anything about him
Yes, you are very, very, very wrong.

As are your flat earth beliefs. Sorry.

Your assertion that Pharoh Cooper was overrated? You were right on that, though. :D

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Wait, so you're saying that he can't have time for doing something like this because he's a scientist? That's like saying that George R.R. Martin (or me, to be honest) shouldn't focus on other pursuits than writing because he's an author (or, in my case, an authoress).

Neil's an intelligent man, and he's definitely a scientist. Even scientists have their own pursuits, and what he's talking about is a learning experience for someone like me. I love how he and the workers explain how it's meant to work.

If you have a problem with his theories, that's fair. But the man is clearly a scientist, and saying that he doesn't have time because of science is a little harsh don't you think? Everyone, even the busiest of scientists, has pursuits away from their normal work.

You likely have hobbies, don't you? So why begrudge the man for having interest in this, especially when said interest helps Rams fans learn about how this mega-stadium is being built?

MachS

Hall of Fame

Dude you cant say something that ignorant and then immediately hedge in case you're wrong lol. He's a very well respected astrophysicist and author. He hosted the TV show Cosmos which is where he got popular, but his understanding of the universe is profound. If you're into that type of stuff I suggest watching one of his lectures or checking out his podcast instead of just talking shit.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame

DrRage46

Rookie
Name
DrRage46
With the way this is constructed with a 8 level more vertical based seating this could definitely could be one of the loudest stadiums.What a killer home field advantage this could be as long as it doesn't get overtaken by visitor fans every sunday.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
With the way this is constructed with a 8 level more vertical based seating this could definitely could be one of the loudest stadiums.What a killer home field advantage this could be as long as it doesn't get overtaken by visitor fans every sunday.

I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully this is exactly what the seating design does for the sound from the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.