Need Some Help From The Locals

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Since this site is really my only source of Rams news I was hoping some of the folks in St Louis might be able to help.

Curious if or what information is being talked about on the radio or TV about what the Rams plan for FA is. Has there been any talks about bringing any players, restructures or cutting players?

The only news I have heard is there is interest in Blalock.

Any information would be appreciated.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
The local sources in STL stink. You are going to get the best info/rumors/word on the street someplace like this board.

Besides being focused ont he Rams (unlike the local media) the fans on this board tend to post national media stories fairly fast. If there is a rumor of any wieght it will appear on this board within 24hrs or less (the group here is good at reposting stories and rumors).

I wish the STL media was better about this, but the death of newspapers (or looming in the case of the PD) and the growth of the blogger media has resulted in the local media reducing their resources and focusing those resources in specific areas. Right now the STL media interst level of sports reporting would likely be:

1a. new stadium
1b. cards preseason
2. blues closing in on post season
3. nfl offseason

and there is a HUGE drop off between 1b and 2, add in that usually NCAA basketball would be 2 (but this year is down locally).

I wish I could say that local sources would give you something more. Honestly, I get most (not all) of my trade and draft info here and the national media. I will say that the interest in the new stadium means lots of info on that comes from local sources in STL.

I should note that I no longer live in STL, but I podcast local STL radio and speak several times a week with friends there with season tickets (and they tend to ask me what is going on...which is kinda sad...but the local media is that bad and they know it).

Having typed all that, I realized I was little help at all :p

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The local sources in STL stink. You are going to get the best info/rumors/word on the street someplace like this board.

Besides being focused ont he Rams (unlike the local media) the fans on this board tend to post national media stories fairly fast. If there is a rumor of any wieght it will appear on this board within 24hrs or less (the group here is good at reposting stories and rumors).

I wish the STL media was better about this, but the death of newspapers (or looming in the case of the PD) and the growth of the blogger media has resulted in the local media reducing their resources and focusing those resources in specific areas. Right now the STL media interst level of sports reporting would likely be:

1a. new stadium
1b. cards preseason
2. blues closing in on post season
3. nfl offseason

and there is a HUGE drop off between 1b and 2, add in that usually NCAA basketball would be 2 (but this year is down locally).

I wish I could say that local sources would give you something more. Honestly, I get most (not all) of my trade and draft info here and the national media. I will say that the interest in the new stadium means lots of info on that comes from local sources in STL.

I should note that I no longer live in STL, but I podcast local STL radio and speak several times a week with friends there with season tickets (and they tend to ask me what is going on...which is kinda sad...but the local media is that bad and they know it).

Having typed all that, I realized I was little help at all :p

Its much appreciated though. I was listening to sports talk radio this morning and its all Patriot rumors and what they are planning, interviews with beat writers etc and was thinking it would be great to have a STL channel on right now to see what is happening with the Rams lol.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
I listen a lot to CBS 920am in STL the other option would be 101sports.com which is the other STL sports station. 101 tends to be a bit more positive while 920 has the better personnel in my opinion. Some of the 920 people may upset you with their opinions (seriously) and can be quite negative at times, I also tend to find that for a flagship station 101 (101 is the local station that carries rams games) gets very few stories or info before anyone else. They also tend to give very bad interviews at times. Both are going to better on "follow up" - an event or rumor hits day 1, and day 2 they will "analyze" it - as opposed to getting you a scoop. It should be noted that 101 tends to get the first interview for rams personnel (KD or new players) where 920 will get them 3 hours to next day later.

both you should be able to podcast live/stream (Assuming you can get wifi or have big enough data plan) through various source or apps (note I have found their apps glitchy at times, but let me know if you have trouble finding them).

I can tell you currently 920 is VERY heavy cards talk not much on Rams if not a stadium issue.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Follow JT on twitter...you'll get all the confirmed interest there.