NBA Conference Finals are great

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The Cavs have their backs to the wall which I don't like but overall the West and East have both come through with good games so far.

I think the Rockets winning on the road will tilt that series in their favor but it'll probably go 7 games because the Warriors have so much firepower. But since the Rockets got that game back and home court I think they take the series.

The Celtics are really good and unless LeBron pulls yet another rabbit out of his hat they will go to the Finals. I think they will give Houston a fight but will come up short. It's possible that James pulls the Cavs into the Finals, and I wouldn't personally bet against him, but he looked worn down last night, tired to the point of exhaustion actually.

I wonder if he's going to stay or go. Tough call.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rockets win game 5.

But may lose CPaul.

Ouch.

The 4 teams left are shooting inconsistently.............

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
East finals have been a little boring, seemingly each game has been over after 1st Q
West finals is interesting. Everyone keeps pushing Golden State as an epic champ and now they are up against it.
Hopefully tonight's C's vs Cavs game isn't a blowout after 1 like its been....

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
East finals have been a little boring, seemingly each game has been over after 1st Q
West finals is interesting. Everyone keeps pushing Golden State as an epic champ and now they are up against it.
Hopefully tonight's C's vs Cavs game isn't a blowout after 1 like its been....

The West may end up going to the Warriors since CPaul has a bad hammy.

The East has been fun just to see LeBron drag a team along like nobody ever has. But this is the second worst team he has played on IMO so I didn't expect lots of help from anyone else but Love.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The West may end up going to the Warriors since CPaul has a bad hammy.

The East has been fun just to see LeBron drag a team along like nobody ever has. But this is the second worst team he has played on IMO so I didn't expect lots of help from anyone else but Love.
Well, Lebron and Love are the 2 best players on the floor so I don't see how he's dragging anything along. I do see Stevens coaching the crap out of his team. Cant imagine how good they'd be if Kyrie was playing. And Hayward

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Well, Lebron and Love are the 2 best players on the floor so I don't see how he's dragging anything along. I do see Stevens coaching the crap out of his team. Cant imagine how good they'd be if Kyrie was playing. And Hayward

People are selling that team short. They have a great coach, no doubt about that. But they have high level talent all over that roster, and all over the floor. After Love and James the Cavs are totally outmanned. If not for Lebron's game 3 and 4 the Cavs may already be on their sofas.

Marcus Morris 14th overall draft pick
Marcus Smart 6th overall draft pick
Terry Rozier 16 overall draft pick
Al Horford 3rd overall draft pick
Jaylen Brown 3rd overall draft pick
Jason Tatum 3rd overall draft pick

Right now they go 6 deep with players picked in the top half of the draft, 4 in the top 10, and 3 #3 overall picks. And of course Hayward 9 overall, and Irving was a #1 overall pick when they are back next year.

Danny Ainge has done his job obviously. 8 players on that roster that were picked that high is really rare.

This roster is probably the best in the East. They needed time to adjust and gel with the new lineup but make no mistake about it they are STACKED. They play solid defense and are tall and athletic and fast. They should be a force for awhile especially if Irving has no lingering effects from the knee surgery, he's been hampered by knee problems the last few years.

I see this group winning a title in the next few years unless James goes to PHIL.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
One thing to add.......and it's fun to talk about basketball it's my other sport. I rank it just below football.

The Raptors had the best record in the NBA and the Cavs stomped them out of the playoffs in a sweep and two of the games were lopsided losses. Meanwhile the Celtics are on the verge of winning the series versus the Cavs.

IMO had the Celtics and Raptors played the Raptors might get 2 wins against this Celtics team. They are that good, that well constructed, that well coached and all arrows are pointing up for them.

If Danny Ainge and Brad Stevens stay together for a long time they are going to win a lot of games.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
People are selling that team short. They have a great coach, no doubt about that. But they have high level talent all over that roster, and all over the floor. After Love and James the Cavs are totally outmanned. If not for Lebron's game 3 and 4 the Cavs may already be on their sofas.

Marcus Morris 14th overall draft pick
Marcus Smart 6th overall draft pick
Terry Rozier 16 overall draft pick
Al Horford 3rd overall draft pick
Jaylen Brown 3rd overall draft pick
Jason Tatum 3rd overall draft pick

Right now they go 6 deep with players picked in the top half of the draft, 4 in the top 10, and 3 #3 overall picks. And of course Hayward 9 overall, and Irving was a #1 overall pick when they are back next year.

Danny Ainge has done his job obviously. 8 players on that roster that were picked that high is really rare.

This roster is probably the best in the East. They needed time to adjust and gel with the new lineup but make no mistake about it they are STACKED. They play solid defense and are tall and athletic and fast. They should be a force for awhile especially if Irving has no lingering effects from the knee surgery, he's been hampered by knee problems the last few years.

I see this group winning a title in the next few years unless James goes to PHIL.
Everyone in the NBA is a former first round pick
Smart is on his 5th team, Horford on his 2nd when people laughed at the money the C's threw at him
Korver's been an all star, Hill a solid player, Thompson #4 overall....
Lebron is by far the best player in the league, and is truly great. But the lengths some people go to enhance his legacy is a little silly. C's are playing great but I didn't think they'd win 2 games in the series the way LeBron and Love were going

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One thing to add.......and it's fun to talk about basketball it's my other sport. I rank it just below football.

The Raptors had the best record in the NBA and the Cavs stomped them out of the playoffs in a sweep and two of the games were lopsided losses. Meanwhile the Celtics are on the verge of winning the series versus the Cavs.

IMO had the Celtics and Raptors played the Raptors might get 2 wins against this Celtics team. They are that good, that well constructed, that well coached and all arrows are pointing up for them.

If Danny Ainge and Brad Stevens stay together for a long time they are going to win a lot of games.
And yet they barely got by the Bucks. I don't think they would have beaten Toronto, they had the C's number.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
And yet they barely got by the Bucks. I don't think they would have beaten Toronto, they had the C's number.

Yeah I'm not sure how that happened but they almost did get sent home LOL.

They have one raod victory during this post season run. IMO that's because they are very young overall.

Everyone in the NBA is a former first round pick
Smart is on his 5th team, Horford on his 2nd when people laughed at the money the C's threw at him
Korver's been an all star, Hill a solid player, Thompson #4 overall....
Lebron is by far the best player in the league, and is truly great. But the lengths some people go to enhance his legacy is a little silly. C's are playing great but I didn't think they'd win 2 games in the series the way LeBron and Love were going

Ainge has put together a great roster..........I figured the series would go 6, maybe 7 and CLE would take it. But Boston has out played them 3 times out of 5 so far. The defense for some reason this post season isn't traveling well LOL.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ainge has put together a great roster..........I figured the series would go 6, maybe 7 and CLE would take it. But Boston has out played them 3 times out of 5 so far. The defense for some reason this post season isn't traveling well LOL.
Ainge has done a great job for sure. He's come a long way though. Used to drive me crazy.
Guess we'll only have to watch 1st quarter tonight to see who wins
Game 1 Boston Wins
Boston 36
Cleveland 18
Game 3 Cleveland Wins
Boston 17
Cleveland 32
Game 4 Cleveland Wins
Boston 18
Cleveland 34
Game 5 Boston Wins
Boston 32
Cleveland 19

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Ainge has done a great job for sure. He's come a long way though. Used to drive me crazy.
Guess we'll only have to watch 1st quarter tonight to see who wins
Game 1 Boston Wins
Boston 36
Cleveland 18
Game 3 Cleveland Wins
Boston 17
Cleveland 32
Game 4 Cleveland Wins
Boston 18
Cleveland 34
Game 5 Boston Wins
Boston 32
Cleveland 19

Holy crap the winner had 32 points or more in each 1st quarter and the loser score under 20.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
And LeBron is on pace to go 50/10/10.

Amazing.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Want Houston to win because KD is a snake. Don't mind seeing the Cavs win, Boston sports fans are insufferable with the exception of @Boston Ram and @NERamsFan

Lol! Celtics might be too young to pull off a game 7 against Lebron. It’s been a great run. Would love to get 1 more round but it’s been a fun run so far. Will be exciting to see these young guys with Irving and Hayward next year.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
No Kevin Love for the Cavs and no Chris Paul for the Rockets.

HOU has a big lead but can they hold it.

If they do and get to the Finals I hope the Cavs get there too. I think they have a shot to beat the Rockets in a 7 game series if Love is back.

It would be a great matchup.

I think LeBron would like to win one more for CLE this year before he leaves again.