UFO Conspiracy Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
giphy.gif

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...ers-scan-alien-comet-Oumuamua-ET-signals.html

Has an alien probe entered our solar system? Cigar-shaped interstellar 'comet' Oumuamua is being investigated for signs of extraterrestrial technology
By HARRY PETTIT

Astronomers are set to scan an 'alien' comet for signs of extraterrestrial technology.

The cigar-shaped asteroid, named 'Oumuamua by its discoverers, sailed past Earth last month and is the first interstellar object seen in the solar system.

A team of alien-hunting scientists, led by Russian billionaire Yuri Milner, will scan the comet this week before it sails beyond the reach of Earth's telescopes.

They say they are looking for radio signals, claiming the mysterious visitor could be an alien spaceship.

468BE61D00000578-0-image-a-1_1511199121328.jpg

The alien-hunting project will use the Green Bank Telescope in West Virginia for its investigation, with the campaign set to begin at 3:00pm ET (8:00pm GMT) on Wednesday.

The telescopes sensitive equipment would would take less than a minute to pick up something as faint as the radio waves from a smartphone, according to the Atlantic.

Milner, the business mogul behind Breakthrough Listen, a $100 million (£75m) search for intelligent extraterrestrial life, received an email about the object last week from one of his chief scientists.

'The more I study this object, the more unusual it appears, making me wonder whether it might be an artificially made probe which was sent by an alien civilisation,' Professor Avi Loeb, the chair of Harvard's astronomy department and one of Milner's advisers on Breakthrough Listen, wrote in the email.

Professor Loeb said the space rock's peculiar elongated shape is odd for a common space rock but ideal for a ship flying between star systems.

'OUMUAMUA
A cigar-shaped comet named 'Oumuamua sailed past Earth last month and is the first interstellar object seen in the solar system.

It was first spotted by a telescope in Hawaii on 18 October, and was observed 34 separate times in the following week.

Travelling at 44 kilometres per second (27 miles per second), the comet is headed away from the Earth and Sun on its way out of the solar system.

The comet is up to one-quarter mile (400 meters) long and highly-elongated - perhaps 10 times as long as it is wide.

That aspect ratio is greater than that of any asteroid or comet observed in our solar system to date.

But the comet's slightly red hue — specifically pale pink — and varying brightness are remarkably similar to objects in our own solar system.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
That's one giant space joint! Aliens know how to go big when it comes to partying. Good read Prime.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Oumuamua is a Hawaiian word meaning...

"A messenger from afar arriving first"

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Oumuamua is a Hawaiian word meaning...

"A messenger from afar arriving first"

Thank you for the interpretation Selassie. Hopefully the messenger from afar will give us the knowledge we have been seeking all along.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I've read everything I can find on this. I so want it to be some kind of alien probe, but I think it's just a long skinny piece of solid metal from outside of our solar system. Very cool though.

Watch them pick up massive radio messages telling us the true meaning of life now. lol

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
I've read everything I can find on this. I so want it to be some kind of alien probe, but I think it's just a long skinny piece of solid metal from outside of our solar system. Very cool though.

Watch them pick up massive radio messages telling us the true meaning of life now. lol
It's likely touring the universe with a public service announcement: "never drink more than two Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters unless you are a thirty ton mega elephant with bronchial pneumonia".

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
It's likely touring the universe with a public service announcement: "never drink more than two Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters unless you are a thirty ton mega elephant with bronchial pneumonia".

I've been wondering about that forever.

bluecoconuts

Legend

This.

But there's always hope!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Another thing that initially gave me hope that this thing was an alien spacecraft was it's strange rotation. There was speculation that the unusual rotation was actually created by the "craft" to create artificial gravity for it's passengers. I was like... Hell yes, this is it!

That's when some astrophysics group calculated the rotation and determined that it would not create an artificial gravity. Bummer.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
its probably just looking for some Humpback whales

Last edited:

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2141D502-992C-4A57-959A-CA59323741EE.jpeg

I hope that doesn’t get to close to Uranus!

Last edited:

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Professor Loeb said the space rock's peculiar elongated shape is odd for a common space rock but ideal for a ship flying between star systems

I don't get this. Why would this be ideal for interstellar space flight? It doesn't need to be aero-dynamic. Surely it could be a cube like the borg and be just as suited for space flight?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don't get this. Why would this be ideal for interstellar space flight? It doesn't need to be aero-dynamic. Surely it could be a cube like the borg and be just as suited for space flight?

I can hear the alien designers now... “let’s make our highly advanced intergalactic space probe look like a rock....”.

Pretty sure this is just a rock.

But, I love these stories too.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
'Alien probe' Oumuamua's new scans confirm surprising presence of intellectual extraterrestrial technology
By BARRY LEGRAND

The crack team of alien-hunting scientists, led by Russian billionaire Yuri Milner, confirmed on Thursday, that they had discovered radio waves "outside of those" found naturally on Earth, had indeed been discovered as they scanned Oumuamua with the Green Bank Telescope in West Virginia in the early hours of Thursday, December the 14th, moments before it disappeared out of our solar system.

The cigar-shaped asteroid, named 'Oumuamua by its discoverers, sailed past Earth last month and is the first interstellar object seen in the solar system.

Milner, the business mogul behind Breakthrough Listen, a $100 million (£75m) search for intelligent extraterrestrial life, also confirmed that they have recorded a primitive sound coming from within the 'asteroid'.

"To me it sounded like a primitive language" he confirmed. "It almost sounded like contact was trying to be made."

Moments later the 'asteroid' vanished from the Green Bank Telescope's reach.

Prof. Huyang Professor of Theoretical Astrophysics and Director the Data Innovation Research Institute, MIT and scientific lead at Breakthrough Listen said, "It was unbelievable, we were scanning the final 28.921% of the asteroid and suddenly, we picked up a lot of interference and it was gone." He continued, "In my 43 years as one of the leading Astrophysicists on Earth, I have never experienced anything like it."

Before the 'asteroid' disappeared from our solar system the scientists confirmed that a more accurate image of Oumuamua was captured.

latest