Cleveland Browns' Garrett suspended indefinitely

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
If im Rudolph assault charges would have already been filed. Hitting me in the head with my helmet in not a football play in the game of football, it is assault. No place for that in a game, none. That can not happen.
And if/when I get a conviction, here comes the civil suit. Make Garrett pay.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
He should be banned form the NFL.
Nothing another player says should make him react to that level.

Exactly. That logic cannot be denied.

…..

Legend
Interesting discussion.

Im going to partially side with the OP here. While I feel this is way outside the “contact sport” excuse, it certainly pails in comparison to the assaults that occur in the NHL using hockey sticks as weapons.

Some of those incidents have resulted in mind numbing morbid and bloody consequences. In several cases, most notably Marty McSorley being convicted of assault and sentenced to 18 months (suspended by the judge) jail time, these hockey incidents can and do end in criminal proceedings.

The one saving grace here is that no injury took place.

Im with those who think shit like this is gonna happen. This is just a part of life in the NFL and shouldn’t come as a surprise that it occurred. I’m not mad at Garrett and don’t think he’s a dirty player. He got caught in a moment and will regret his action this coming year.

instead of the mob mentality that wants to tar and feather him while perched upon the moral high grounds, I’m more like, “Damn, welp, that’s too bad.”

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
Suspension-- yes, indefinitely--probably

charges--ridiculous, and sets a precedent

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
BROWNS FANS ARE SENDING EDIBLE ‘BAGS OF DONGS’ TO STEELERS QB MASON RUDOLPH

Myles Garrett has been taking a bunch of heat for his actions on Thursday Night Football that had him ripping off Mason Rudolph’s helmet and beating him over the head with it. Those actions got him suspended for the remainder of the season.

Browns fans are standing by their guy no matter what, so much so, that many of them decided to fight back against Mason Rudolph, who many believe escalated the fight to begin with.

Browns fans have reportedly been sending Rudolph sending Bags of Dicks and gummy penises straight to the Steeelrs facility for him to chew on.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, in the street that's assault so I'm not sure why we would condone it in a stadium setting. Throw the book at the thug.

If you tackled someone in the street, that's assault too.

First, the reaction was WAY overblown.

Second, Rudolph started it. Sure, Garrett took it too far - but the lack of suspension for Rudolph is disturbing, and making Garrett's indefinite is stupid.

I can't help but think if the jerseys were swapped, people would be putting much more blame on the Browns player and less blame on the Steelers DE who "must have been provoked" to go to that level of aggression.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm looking at this from an unbiased view. If I did this, I'd go to prison for assault (in fact, I have been in Garrett's shoes after punching a police officer, and I learned that there's no excuse for this shit.) Why should Garrett deserve any less? Because he makes millions? Because he's a good football player? I just find that to be a poor excuse for him not to have the same consequences that you or I have.

Tackle a person on the street, it's assault too.

There's no excuse for what Garrett did and he's getting the punishment he deserves. But Rudolph started it.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
BROWNS FANS ARE SENDING EDIBLE ‘BAGS OF DONGS’ TO STEELERS QB MASON RUDOLPH

Myles Garrett has been taking a bunch of heat for his actions on Thursday Night Football that had him ripping off Mason Rudolph’s helmet and beating him over the head with it. Those actions got him suspended for the remainder of the season.

Browns fans are standing by their guy no matter what, so much so, that many of them decided to fight back against Mason Rudolph, who many believe escalated the fight to begin with.

Browns fans have reportedly been sending Rudolph sending Bags of Dicks and gummy penises straight to the Steeelrs facility for him to chew on.

Bags Of Dongs

Who in the fuck even knew that was a thing?

Oh... Cleveland fans... now that makes sense. If anyone would know that Bags Of Dongs were available for purchase it would have to be them.

That's right... BAGS OF DONGS

o_O

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Interesting discussion.

Im going to partially side with the OP here. While I feel this is way outside the “contact sport” excuse, it certainly pails in comparison to the assaults that occur in the NHL using hockey sticks as weapons.

Some of those incidents have resulted in mind numbing morbid and bloody consequences. In several cases, most notably Marty McSorley being convicted of assault and sentenced to 18 months (suspended by the judge) jail time, these hockey incidents can and do end in criminal proceedings.

The one saving grace here is that no injury took place.

Im with those who think shit like this is gonna happen. This is just a part of life in the NFL and shouldn’t come as a surprise that it occurred. I’m not mad at Garrett and don’t think he’s a dirty player. He got caught in a moment and will regret his action this coming year.

instead of the mob mentality that wants to tar and feather him while perched upon the moral high grounds, I’m more like, “Damn, welp, that’s too bad.”

I'm in favor of giving almost everyone at least one second chance. It was out of line but Garrett was not solely at fault.

It was not worse or even as bad as several targeted tackles with force to the head on wide receivers I've seen this year, which is my exception to the second chance principle. If I were Goodell I would put an immediate stop to that by whatever means necessary.

In this case I think the NFL is more concerned about how it looks on tv than with the actual incident.

I would suspend him but not for the whole season. Next time or another time after that is a different story.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Except that he didn't.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm in favor of giving almost everyone at least one second chance. It was out of line but Garrett was not solely at fault.

It was not worse or even as bad as several targeted tackles with force to the head on wide receivers I've seen this year, which is my exception to the second chance principle. If I were Goodell I would put an immediate stop to that by whatever means necessary.

In this case I think the NFL is more concerned about how it looks on tv than with the actual incident.

I would suspend him but not for the whole season. Next time or another time after that is a different story.
I agree with all that, although i think he should get 16 games(full season) to set the precedent that if you use your helmet as a weapon you get 1 year automatic. It sounds heavy but Rudolph was lucky in this situation. An incident like this simply can't be allowed to happen again.