My take

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like our defense. This 34 points is going to look bad on their stats but man the defense played good for a long period of time, it's hard playing when you have no confidence in your offense to keep you in the game, they had 6 points in the half and our offense didn't do anything to help the defense. I'm disappointed in Olgetree he was out of position a lot and on that Patterson touchdown he stopped hustling and Brockers actually made the tackle. Gaines played solid the touchdown was a really good throw and catch. McDonald was balling and so Was Donald. Jenkins looked great in coverage and he can actually tackle he had a very good game,. Overall the defensive line didn't get nearly the calls they should have it was a lot of holding going on. Honestly the Rams beat themselves with penalties and Schotty being completely unprepared for this game. I think Fisher needs to hire a more creative offensive coordinator, right now having Tavon Austin is a waste if you don't know how to use him. We saw the Seahawks use Harvin the same way Minnesota used Patterson but somehow our OC can't

bskrilla

Starter
Agree with most of it, but you all are turning me into a Shotty apologist. The offense's inability to score in the first half was because of poor Oline play and offensive penalties. I honestly thought the playcalling was fine fore much of the game.

It got worse in the second half, but it's hard to grade it when Davis is in and your Oline still can't block AND you're now down by 2-3 scores.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Gaines is not our best rookie corner....he's our best tackling rookie corner. He lacks ability to cover...Tavon is not the threat everyone thinks he is or could be...

fearsomefour

Legend
Gaines is not our best rookie corner....he's our best tackling rookie corner. He lacks ability to cover...Tavon is not the threat everyone thinks he is or could be...
I agree regarding Gaines. He did play well overall.
I dont get the refusal to get Austin moving....in motion or running a long shallow cross....anything to get him the ball while he is moving. It seems every time he gets the ball he gets it standing still.

scifiman

Many will try to make excuses for the rams but a look at the stats shows some interesting things. Time of possession actually was in the rams favor so the defense was on the field less than the vikings. Penalties and turnovers were the killers as well as a pathetic rushing game. Add in all the mental mistakes and this is going to be a long season. Schotty needs to go and I was not that excited when they hired him. We also have to look at how management moved up to get Tavon Austin in 2013 when we could have drafted 3 other pro bowl players like Reid or Long or Patterson. Management has whiffed on our draft big time with some of the picks. I know hind sight is what it is but c'mon man this is getting absurd.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I dont get the refusal to get Austin moving....in motion or running a long shallow cross....anything to get him the ball while he is moving. It seems every time he gets the ball he gets it standing still.

^^^ This.

The successful passing plays with him last year had him catching the ball in space and on the move. That's how you have to scheme him.

Early last season we saw him catching balls while stopped and we had the same results as today.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Looks like a refusal to send him across the middle, where most slot wr's do all their damage....Is he scared of contact? Only the team/insiders know that...Plus, Hill is Clemens....causing defenses to crowd our offense...everyone is near the LOS, ready to make a play on any pass.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Many will try to make excuses for the rams but a look at the stats shows some interesting things. Time of possession actually was in the rams favor so the defense was on the field less than the vikings. Penalties and turnovers were the killers as well as a pathetic rushing game. Add in all the mental mistakes and this is going to be a long season. Schotty needs to go and I was not that excited when they hired him. We also have to look at how management moved up to get Tavon Austin in 2013 when we could have drafted 3 other pro bowl players like Reid or Long or Patterson. Management has whiffed on our draft big time with some of the picks. I know hind sight is what it is but c'mon man this is getting absurd.
Time of possession is misleading. The rams was running the ball all game with no success 3 and outs and turnovers and not to mention the Vikings had better field position the entire game. Drafting Patterson wouldn't have made Schotty any better might have actually made Patterson worse.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Agree with most of it, but you all are turning me into a Shotty apologist. The offense's inability to score in the first half was because of poor Oline play and offensive penalties. I honestly thought the playcalling was fine fore much of the game.

It got worse in the second half, but it's hard to grade it when Davis is in and your Oline still can't block AND you're now down by 2-3 scores.
Schotty is good calling plays when the game is still in reach but it's his adjustments and knowing how to utilize players that is what he is lacking. He couldn't adjust to the Oline having blocking issues why not run quick patterns and screens use their pass rush against them. I don't think schotty was prepared with his game planning and that is what's truly scary

Athos

Legend

He was lined up with a well established vet and kept him pretty much in check outside of a late TD against a gassed defense.

Hard to figure this D out without a competent O. The stat sheet will say about equal TOP, but the game tells a different story. O wasn't on the field for very long at a time. And sucked heavily.

diehard99

UDFA
Name
Derek Blac

Dont you think they should be coaching those out with such a veteran line? No more apologies, time to put up or leave town!

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
actually the D gave up 27. pick 6 isnt on them. they contained AP to a point, but had no response for CP.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Patterson is the most dangerous player we'll face all year.
The guy is out of this world.