My Preseason Guess of Final 53

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
QB
Matt Stafford ———————Stetson Bennett———————Brett Rypien

I’m going with three QBs since the third one is an emergency QB won’t count against the 46 eligibles to play.

RB
Cam Akers ————————-Kyren Williams(KR) —————Royce Freeman/Zach Evans

TE
Tyler Higbee ———————-Bryson Hopkins ————.——Davis Allen/Hunter Long

WR
Cooper Kupp ——————-- Puka Nacua ———————- Xavier Smith(PR)
Van Jefferson ———————Demarcus Robinson
Tutu Atwell ————————Ben Skowronek

OL
Alaric Jackson ——————Joseph Noteboom
Steve Avila
Brian Miller ——————— Coleman Shelton
Tremane Anchrum ———-Warren McClendon
Rob Havenstein —————Logan Bruss

S
Jordan Fuller —————— Tre Tomlinson ————— Russ Yeast
John Johnson lll ————- Quentin Lake

CB
Cobie Durant ———————- Derion Kendrick -—————-Robert Rochelle
Ahkello Witherspoon - ——-Timarcus Davis

OLB
Michael Hoecht——————-Ochaun Mathis
Byron Young————————Nick Hampton

ILB
Ernest Jones———.————- Kelechi Anyalebechi
Jake Hummel

DL
Aaron Donald———————Maurice Copeland
Ernest Brown lV——————Bobby Brown lll
Kobie Turner————————Jonah Williams

P
Ethan Evans

K
Tanner Brown

LS
Alex Ward

I know you won’t agree with every choice I made, so please post what changes you’d make instead and why.

Last edited:

nighttrain

Legend
QB

I’m going with three QBs since the third one is an emergency QB won’t count against the 46 eligibles to play.

RB

TE

WR

OL
Steve Avila

S

CB

OLB

ILB
Jake Hummel

DL

P
Ethan Evans

K
Tanner Brown

LS
Alex Ward

I know you won’t agree with every choice I made, so please post what changes you’d make instead and why.
looks very good to me.
train

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Looks pretty good except for the OLBs to me

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
QB

RB

TE

WR

OL
Steve Avila

S

CB

OLB

ILB
Jake Hummel

DL

P
Ethan Evans

K
Tanner Brown

LS
Alex Ward

BASTID! ~ Brian Allen

BC Ramfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
BC Ramfan
QB

Nice thought.

RB

TE

WR
Agree, need a Returner, don't wanna risk Puka.

OL
Steve Avila
Brian Allen ——————— Coleman Shelton
Assuming you meant Brian Allen. Agree- start him, see if he lasts.

S
Jordan Fuller —————— Russ Yeast

CB
Ahkello Witherspoon - ——-Tre Tomlinson —————Timarcus Davis
Moved THT to SCB.

OLB
Michael Hoecht——————-Keir Thomas
Byron Young————————Daniel Hardy————————Free Agent
Agree we have a talent problem here, but I'd go with Hardy and Keir Thomas for now.
Hearing no positive buzz in camp for either Mathis or Hampton.
IMO we need somebody new here, somebody proven who can play NFL Edge.

ILB
Ernest Jones———.————- Christian Rozeboom
Jake Hummel
Jourdan likes what she sees from Rozeboom, that's good enough for me.

DL
Kobie Turner————————Jonah Williams———————Larrell Murchison
I would add Murchison here myself, and a wide body late cut Nose if we can't find an Edge.

P
Ethan Evans

K
Tanner Brown

LS
Alex Ward

I think that makes 53 including the added Edge or late cut Nose.

BC

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seems like 1 more OL than normal and 2 more DB's than the normal? This could be what they go with will be fun to watch things unfold in the next couple weeks.

dang

Legend
Seems like 1 more OL than normal and 2 more DB's than the normal? This could be what they go with will be fun to watch things unfold in the next couple weeks.
I like the 9 OL as I wouldn’t want to lose any of them from being stolen from the PS.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like the 9 OL as I wouldn’t want to lose any of them from being stolen from the PS.
Yeah I get it, just seems they normally keep 8 with 7 active on gamedays. That extra guy on the 53 means one less elsewhere like at OLB with only 4 guys there.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Tyler Johnson, if he continues to play like he did against the Chargers will be on the final 53.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
My fifty-three:

QB - Stafford, Bennett.

(Dresser Winn is the guy on the practice squad, but personally, I don’t think we carry more than the big two on our main roster.)

RB - Akers, K-Will, Z. Evans, Rivers.

(I tell you what: I’m really impressed with Ronnie Rivers. He’s just grown so much.)

WR - Kupp, Jefferson, T. Johnson, D-Rob, Skowronek, Nacua, Darden (KR/PR).

(Believe me, I’m going to keep pounding the table for an Atwell/Darden trade. I’ve seen enough from Chatarius, Darden can return punts and kicks extremely well, and, well…I’m biased. If Tyler Johnson doesn’t make this team, I’m going to be extremely upset. Nacua impressed, Skowronek is a Swiss-Army knife who can do so many different things, so you almost have to keep him.)

TE - Higbee, Long, D. Allen.

(Not a Hopkins fan; Long does just as much, and is younger and cheaper. Of course, Allen could shine as well, but this position, especially if Higbee leaves in free agency, is arguably our weakest position group.)

OL - A-Jax, Avila, Shelton, Anchrum, Havenstein, Z. Thomas, McClendon, Bruss.

(Noteboom and Allen trade, I hope? Yeah, I just want Bruss to make it. Call me biased. A-Jax has been impressive. Avila’s a stud. I believe Anchrum is a starter in his final year with the team. Thomas deserves to make the team, as does McClendon. Havenstein is interesting. Wouldn’t mind keeping him, wouldn’t mind trading him. I’d love to get a top center in next year’s draft or via free agency, especially if Shelton opts out.)

DL - AD, Turner, J-Will, Murchison, EB4, BB3, D. Johnson.

(AD is GOAT. Just had to get that out. Turner can play all three positions, Jonah Williams could have a break like Hoecht; he’s also freakishly arhletic, and he’s like Turner: exchangeable everywhere. The Browns and Murchison provide massive depth, and Desjuan Johnson gets a redshirt year.)

OLB/EDGE - Hoecht, K. Thomas, Hardy, Young, Hampton, VanValkenberg.

(I’ve seen tons of good things from ZVV. Hoecht’s obviously your starter, but Kier, Hardy, Hampton and Young could make it interesting for the other spot; I don’t think we give up on Hampton yet. I also do not think we’ll bring in a vet unless he’s young and has potential.)

ILB - E. Jones, veteran cut.

(Sorry, but we can upgrade on Rozeboom and Hummel. I don’t know whom will be available, but I absolutely guarantee we’ll upgrade here. But I’m also predicting that this is the breakout year for Jones, and I really want us to re-sign him early.)

CB - Durant, THT, Witherspoon, Rochell, Kendrick.

(I think cornerback should get an upgrade after this year, when Witherspoon leaves, and if Kendrick or Rochell really fail to show out. There are two excellent Mizzou corners in next year’s draft in Kris Abrams-Draine and Ennis Rakestraw Jr. Do the math.)

SAF - JJ3, Fuller, Yeast, Lake, Taylor, Q. Johnson/Ingle (need more games to decide.)

(Yeah, I really think we carry six safeties, especially since someone like Lake or Fuller serves as a big nickel and Yeast could be a dime corner in a pinch. But the real reason is because I cannot justify leaving Taylor and one of Ingle or Quindell Johnson off the roster. Ingle dominated the Chargers game; he was everywhere. Taylor has, by all accounts, really impressed in camp, and he was solid on teams. Johnson has proven why he was one of our highest paid UDFAs. It’s going to be a really tough decision whom to leave off, but I’m definitely keeping Taylor. I need another game to properly judge Ingle and Johnson, which is why I haven’t picked one or the other. Either way, I honestly believed that safety was our deepest collection of talent - even before we reunited with JJ3 - and nothing has changed my thoughts.)

SPEC. - T. Brown, E. Evans, Ward.

(We’re starting a rookie battery. Expect bumps in the road.)

dang

Legend
My fifty-three:

QB - Stafford, Bennett.

(Dresser Winn is the guy on the practice squad, but personally, I don’t think we carry more than the big two on our main roster.)

(I tell you what: I’m really impressed with Ronnie Rivers. He’s just grown so much.)

(Believe me, I’m going to keep pounding the table for an Atwell/Darden trade. I’ve seen enough from Chatarius, Darden can return punts and kicks extremely well, and, well…I’m biased. If Tyler Johnson doesn’t make this team, I’m going to be extremely upset. Nacua impressed, Skowronek is a Swiss-Army knife who can do so many different things, so you almost have to keep him.)

(Not a Hopkins fan; Long does just as much, and is younger and cheaper. Of course, Allen could shine as well, but this position, especially if Higbee leaves in free agency, is arguably our weakest position group.)

(Noteboom and Allen trade, I hope? Yeah, I just want Bruss to make it. Call me biased. A-Jax has been impressive. Avila’s a stud. I believe Anchrum is a starter in his final year with the team. Thomas deserves to make the team, as does McClendon. Havenstein is interesting. Wouldn’t mind keeping him, wouldn’t mind trading him. I’d love to get a top center in next year’s draft or via free agency, especially if Shelton opts out.)

(AD is GOAT. Just had to get that out. Turner can play all three positions, Jonah Williams could have a break like Hoecht; he’s also freakishly arhletic, and he’s like Turner: exchangeable everywhere. The Browns and Murchison provide massive depth, and Desjuan Johnson gets a redshirt year.)

(I’ve seen tons of good things from ZVV. Hoecht’s obviously your starter, but Kier, Hardy, Hampton and Young could make it interesting for the other spot; I don’t think we give up on Hampton yet. I also do not think we’ll bring in a vet unless he’s young and has potential.)

(Sorry, but we can upgrade on Rozeboom and Hummel. I don’t know whom will be available, but I absolutely guarantee we’ll upgrade here. But I’m also predicting that this is the breakout year for Jones, and I really want us to re-sign him early.)

(I think cornerback should get an upgrade after this year, when Witherspoon leaves, and if Kendrick or Rochell really fail to show out. There are two excellent Mizzou corners in next year’s draft in Kris Abrams-Draine and Ennis Rakestraw Jr. Do the math.)

SAF - JJ3, Fuller, Yeast, Lake, Taylor, Q. Johnson/Ingle (need more games to decide.)

(Yeah, I really think we carry six safeties, especially since someone like Lake or Fuller serves as a big nickel and Yeast could be a dime corner in a pinch. But the real reason is because I cannot justify leaving Taylor and one of Ingle or Quindell Johnson off the roster. Ingle dominated the Chargers game; he was everywhere. Taylor has, by all accounts, really impressed in camp, and he was solid on teams. Johnson has proven why he was one of our highest paid UDFAs. It’s going to be a really tough decision whom to leave off, but I’m definitely keeping Taylor. I need another game to properly judge Ingle and Johnson, which is why I haven’t picked one or the other. Either way, I honestly believed that safety was our deepest collection of talent - even before we reunited with JJ3 - and nothing has changed my thoughts.)

Gotta admit. Not digging this roster but I respect your post.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Gotta admit. Not digging this roster but I respect your post.

Could you give me a reason why, please? I respect your opinion as well, so I’d like to know why.

(Also, as a practice squad note, I’m probably keeping the two centers (McAllister and Maginn), the Davises (Tyon and Timarcus), the inside linebackers we signed (Anyalebechi, Smenda, and Square) as well as Mathis on the practice squad. Just as a note.)

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
My fifty-three:

QB - Stafford, Bennett.

Thinking they will add an edge in waivers or sign a vet FA.

And likely a few waiver claims elsewhere like DL, OL and maybe returner.

They should take advantage of being 6th in line for claims. There will be teams trying to sneak a kid with upside onto their PS. Teams with better depth than us, especially at DL & edge.

dang

Legend
Could you give me a reason why, please? I respect your opinion as well, so I’d like to know why.

(Also, as a practice squad note, I’m probably keeping the two centers (McAllister and Maginn), the Davises (Tyon and Timarcus), the inside linebackers we signed (Anyalebechi, Smenda, and Square) as well as Mathis on the practice squad. Just as a note.)
Offense:
QB, RB: looks good
OL: Need 1-2 more on the roster. Noteboom for depth/or start at LT.
TE: Add Skow at FB/TE.
WR: Atwell stays.

dang

Legend
My fifty-three:

QB - Stafford, Bennett.

Defense:
CB: looks good
Edge: Need to add a vet/cut player who can pressure the QB.
DL: Need to add a vet/cut player who can pressure the QB.
SAF/ILB: Cut Johnson/Taylor and keep one of ILBs. Agree with adding a vet/cut at ILB.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
QB

RB

TE

WR

OL
Steve Avila

S

CB

OLB

ILB
Jake Hummel

DL

P
Ethan Evans

K
Tanner Brown

LS
Alex Ward

I bumped this thread because I thought it would be interesting to revisit it before the final preseason game. It’s your thread, so you should have first crack.

I will say, the OLBs and DBs could warrant another look.
As for the OL, I’m not sure what’s going on now.
Are you still gonna keep 3 QBs?

Memphis Ram

Legend
Just a quick thought.

Unless Hunter Long is headed for IR, I believe that Rams are going to keep 4 TEs.

And if this is correct, it's hard to imagine the team keeping 7 WRs and/or 4 RBs. And without a legit punt returner in the bunch.

At least I hope we won't have to watch Cooper Kupp back there making fair catches again.