my prediction on starting lineup next year offense

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lockdnram21

Legend
Qb bradford
Rb Stacy but i think cunningham will get touches
Lt saffold(until long comes back)
Lg not sure
C Barnes
Rg rookie
Rt Barksdale
Te Cook
Te Kendricks
Wr1 Bailey
Wr2 Quick

* tavon in slot

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
I agree, i think its a little early yet for this kind of talk. To much will happen, but i agree with most of it, for what its worth. I dont see us spending the money to keep Saffold, remember, we have to sign Quinn next season. But i like Bailey as the starter. He is going to be special i think.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I agree, i think its a little early yet for this kind of talk. To much will happen, but i agree with most of it, for what its worth. I dont see us spending the money to keep Saffold, remember, we have to sign Quinn next season. But i like Bailey as the starter. He is going to be special i think.

Not sure that re-signing Quinn will have much impact on the Saffold decision. They will more than likely either be extending Bradford after next year, or cutting ties with him, either way, that will free up plenty of cap space to address the Quinn extension. The one advantage of having so many high draft picks post CBA, is when you average it all out, you get more "bargain" quality players to offset the high $$$ contracts of a few.

Demoff is a magician when it comes to making it all work, so I have faith that they will put a plan in place, assign a $$$ amount as to what they value each position, and act accordingly.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
Let's hope. I see Saffold turning ugly. I could see him bring heavily pursued by the colts. Irsay hasn't been shy about his feeling on missing on him.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Sure hope Quick and Givens find their swag in Thr offseason because those two have left much to be desired this season.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Sure hope Quick and Givens find their swag in Thr offseason because those two have left much to be desired this season.

Do you consider how they have been impacted by the loss of the starting QB, which has lead them to throw the ball on avg. 23 times a game, completing 13.6 per game since?

Add to that that the backup QB in that 8+ game stretch has thrown a total of SEVEN TDs. Not much opportunity for ANY of the receivers to be "desired".

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Do you consider how they have been impacted by the loss of the starting QB, which has lead them to throw the ball on avg. 23 times a game, completing 13.6 per game since?

Add to that that the backup QB in that 8+ game stretch has thrown a total of SEVEN TDs. Not much opportunity for ANY of the receivers to be "desired".

CoachO could you see Quick and bailey starting next year with tavon in the slot?

CoachO

Hall of Fame
CoachO could you see Quick and bailey starting next year with tavon in the slot?

Absolutely, in fact I hope that is exactly how they go into the OTAs and training camp.

Not that they will do a lot of it, based on them sticking with the philosophy they have settled into, but WHEN they choose to go 4 wide, bringing Givens in and putting he and Quick on the outside, sliding Bailey inside along with Austin could be interesting.

Also, Cook will be a part of what they do in the passing game once they get Bradford back. I think you would have seen that THIS year had Bradford not gone down. Using the Carolina game as the basis for my saying this, Quick was certainly featured in that game. Along with Austin.

It was only a matter of time before Bailey supplanted Givens, IMO. Of the 4, Givens leaves the most to be desired. At least until he either develops the courage to go over the middle, or win a contested ball (something Bailey excels at) .

Last edited by a moderator:

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

That is true. Sam being out, at a minimum, did have a considerable impact on their seasons. None the less I have a hard time forgetting the epic drops Givens had against the Niners and on the goal line against the Seahawks. He has heard foot steps big time and I hope it's just a confidence thing he'll grow out of. Quick simply should be further along than he is. Stedmond Bailey looks better than him and he's a small rookie. I guess Quick isn't much more than a spring chicken, but it's the end of his second year and what does he have to show for it? I would push harder for Watkins but our OL needs attention if we lose Saffold. Therefore I think it's highly likely we stick with them and hope for the best because we aren't picking another high round WR. Not really a bad thing being they're still learning the game but it is a little dissappointing.

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That is true. Sam being out, at a minimum, did have a considerable impact on their seasons. None the less I have a hard time forgetting the epic drops Givens had against the Niners and on the goal line against the Seahawks. He has heard foot steps big time and I hope it's just a confidence thing he'll grow out of. Quick simply should be further along than he is. Stedmond Bailey looks better than him and he's a small rookie. I guess Quick isn't much more than a spring chicken, but it's the end of his second year and what does he have to show for it? I would push harder for Watkins but our OL needs attention if we lose Saffold. Therefore I think it's highly likely we stick with them and hope for the best because we aren't picking another high round WR. Not really a bad thing being they're still learning the game but it is a little dissappointing.

i dont see how you can blame quick. yes he messed up early in the season but he has made plays when called on since after the carolina. he cant make plays if hes not targeted. ive watched the games since bradford has been out and Quick has been open a lot and most of the time kellen never even looks his way. last game one of the plays i watched he was wide open could have scored he was so open and he didnt get targeted. i feel if bradford was still on the field Quick would be progressed further

RFIP

QB bradford
Rb Stacy but i think cunningham will get touches
Lt Saffold(until long comes back)
Lg not sure B Jones
C Barnes
Rg rookie C Williams
Rt Barksdale
Te Cook
Te Kendricks
Wr1 Watkins
Wr2 Bailey

* tavon in slot

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
i dont see how you can blame quick. yes he messed up early in the season but he has made plays when called on since after the carolina. he cant make plays if hes not targeted. ive watched the games since bradford has been out and Quick has been open a lot and most of the time kellen never even looks his way. last game one of the plays i watched he was wide open could have scored he was so open and he didnt get targeted. i feel if bradford was still on the field Quick would be progressed further

Bailey looks better than Quick. Why does Quick. not get targeted more? Maybe because when you make a hot read the ball hits him in back of the head and the QB doesn't have as much trust in him. All the WR's would be having better seasons with Sam back there, its mutual. None the less I doubt we draft another high round WR this year so Quick will get his shot. It's too early to pull the plug on him and get another guy. Rams have bigger issues at OL.

RFIP

Next year being a year the Rams MUST at least compete for a playoff spot and a 9-10 win season, I just don't see how you could trust that Quick "gets it" by then.

What he lacks (smarts, instincts and aggressivveness) can't be taught. What PO's me is he IS very aggressive in his run blocking but he has NO fight for the ball in flight! Just drives me insane!

Draft positioning is going to be very interesting in any trade down because the Rams 1B pick will be too low but 1A, if in the 5-8 range will be right in the Watkins-wheel house, which imo is THE guy on the Rams radar.

We shall see.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
Since Quick has started getting regular snaps he has progressed rapidly. It just took a while before they had enough confidence in him but now that he is out there, especially if you are at the games and are able to key on him, he knows his responsibilites and is gaining confidence, which is huge. I wish people would notice this rather than just reading posts by those still beating that drafted -too -high- horse than agreeing with it.

RFIP

Yeah I really don't care where a guy is drafted at all so I get that. And I was high on Quick when they drafted him but he seems headed to an "average" career at best to me for all the things I have previously mentioned, not to mention he drops way too many passes for the limited # he's received. This year alone he was doinked in the head @ Houston, dropped a 1st down pass on Rams second possession vs Carolina then later in same game he drops a perfectly thrown TD pass. Add this to the fact he does not compete well for the ball in the air, is a body catcher rather than hands catcher, runs routes consistently short of the sticks and to me that adds up to a big disappointment I don't see getting better any time soon, certainly not a guy I'd remotely count on for big things in 2014, that much is for sure.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Bailey looks better than Quick. Why does Quick. not get targeted more? Maybe because when you make a hot read the ball hits him in back of the head and the QB doesn't have as much trust in him. All the WR's would be having better seasons with Sam back there, its mutual. None the less I doubt we draft another high round WR this year so Quick will get his shot. It's too early to pull the plug on him and get another guy. Rams have bigger issues at OL.

The question I have for you and others who seem to be down on Quick...... Why is it you only seem to recall the gaffes when it comes to him, and never seem to mention the TD catches where he high points the ball and WINS contested balls over DBs? And yes, there are have been more than one. Why don't you ever mention the 73 yard catch and run in the Carolina game when he got behind the secondary on the first play of the 2nd half? Or the first TD of his career last year when he tossed the CB aside like a ragdoll and ran down the sideline uncontested?

You seem to think he is the ONLY WR to ever make a bad read on a hot route. The guy has 29 catches in his brief career, with FOUR TDs. His YPC is 15.79. By comparison, Givens has 76 catches while being the starter with a whopping THREE TDs (0) this year!!!

Brian Quick has the ability to be the playmaker this team has searched for. He has improved dramatically this year, and as I mentioned earlier in this thread, losing Bradford derailed any further development of the entire WR corp, but particularly Quick's. He was a focal point of the game plan in the Carolina game, and hasn't been since.

Alan

Legend
CoachO pointing out an important factor:
Brian Quick has the ability to be the playmaker this team has searched for. He has improved dramatically this year, and as I mentioned earlier in this thread, losing Bradford derailed any further development of the entire WR corp, but particularly Quick's.

Exactly.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
The question I have for you and others who seem to be down on Quick...... Why is it you only seem to recall the gaffes when it comes to him, and never seem to mention the TD catches where he high points the ball and WINS contested balls over DBs? And yes, there are have been more than one. Why don't you ever mention the 73 yard catch and run in the Carolina game when he got behind the secondary on the first play of the 2nd half? Or the first TD of his career last year when he tossed the CB aside like a ragdoll and ran down the sideline uncontested?

You seem to think he is the ONLY WR to ever make a bad read on a hot route. The guy has 29 catches in his brief career, with FOUR TDs. His YPC is 15.79. By comparison, Givens has 76 catches while being the starter with a whopping THREE TDs (0) this year!!!

Brian Quick has the ability to be the playmaker this team has searched for. He has improved dramatically this year, and as I mentioned earlier in this thread, losing Bradford derailed any further development of the entire WR corp, but particularly Quick's. He was a focal point of the game plan in the Carolina game, and hasn't been since.

He has some nice plays, he has some crappy plays. We need more nice plays. He'll get his shot with Sam but will he take advantage of it? I really don't know and that's the problem.