My favorite WR ........... this week

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHgXL3npJUY&t=1s

Jonathan Adams - Arkansas St. 6'3" - 200lbs

Not sure how fast of a 40 he runs, but he looks to have a step on the DB on most plays. Big frame, can play through contact, knows how to use his body, also plays basketball. My favorite play is at the 6:40 mark. He is on the left side and blocks on a running play .... he takes out 2 defenders with 2 separate blocks.
Also, impressed with the highlights at the start of the video where he scores 3 TD's against their toughest opponent, K-State.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Not sure how fast of a 40 he runs, but he looks to have a step on the DB on most plays. Big frame, can play through contact, knows how to use his body, also plays basketball. My favorite play is at the 6:40 mark. He is on the left side and blocks on a running play .... he takes out 2 defenders with 2 separate blocks.
Also, impressed with the highlights at the start of the video where he scores 3 TD's against their toughest opponent, K-State.

His jump ball skills are sick. Nice body control. It looks like he runs mostly one route. That could be a sticking point for McVay. That being said I wouldn’t like seeing him opposite Metcalf, or Hopkins. He reminds me a lot of Mike Evans

His QB doesn’t do him any favors. It’s no questioning who he looking to throw to on each of those plays, but Adams still catches it.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I love this kid!

Tony Pauline projects him as a 4.35 runner at the NFL Combine
I guess Tony didn't get the Memo about there being no workouts at the Combine. Will have to wait for his Pro day

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't want to hijack your thread, but my favorite WR for the Rams is D'Wayne Eskridge from Western Michigan.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4hxASGk6RA

Yes, I noticed he couldn't be covered during Senior Bowl week. I just don't see him lasting past #50. I like Adams but not sure what role he would play on the Rams "O" . He doesn't separate well enough to be used often outside, but then again, he would probably due OK as TE2 in those tight formations .... he is a physical blocker and would be provide a mis-match with a Safety or LB covering him.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I guess Tony didn't get the Memo about there being no workouts at the Combine. Will have to wait for his Pro day

Well, I believe that was before it was announced no workouts at the combine FWIW, so I'm sure Tony received some type of form of communication.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Just started watching Adams. Good find. He's not just impressive on the highlights but also in games. Raw WR, but he's insane in contested catch situations. Strong hands, bullies defenders, great leaping ability and timing, and finishes with defenders on his back. I love WRs who understand how to create separation with physicality. Refs give WRs a lot more leeway than DBs.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Jaelon Darden is my favorite wide receiver.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Man, I love Adams skills once the ball is in the air. Really great body control, hands, and truly fights for the ball. Could be a perfect match to Stafford's deep ball. Anybody know his speed?

Eskridge is interesting. Lots of long plays, but not a ton of Deep Routes, or at least go routs. Lots of long crossers, kind of like Tyreek Hill. Looks like some nice cuts and changes of direction as well. Just surprised with that kind of speed he didn't have a lot of go routes.