My crazy neighbor Chester

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
This dude is like 87 and has severe palsy. I'm talking shaking like my wife after I've rode her right and dripping saliva all the time. Him dripping saliva, not her. Well sometimes her... but I digress.

Doesn't bother me at all and really, I hardly notice. I've know him for 15 or so years since before he was afflicted.

He's 100% country badass. Hunts and fishes and makes all his own lures and such. His wife was state bow champion twice.

So today his wife Mona comes banging on my door. She's says "Chesters down out back". She isn't frantic, more like, that stubborn old bastard has gone and done it again.

What I liked was she knew she didn't have to ask for help, just appraise me of the situation. We've always been tight like that.

Chester was melting lead to make sinkers.

Yes, melting lead.

Yes, to make sinkers.

What are they, a dollar for fifty sinkers at walmart?!

Anyway, he was tangled in a chair and had been laying there for 15 minutes refusing to call for help out of pride but his wife busted him. I try to get him up but the old bastard is also trying to get up on his own and pushing against me so hard we both go down. This is when he decides to warn me of the molten metal brewing about 6" away.

"Watch the lead boy" He says. Never mind that I'm 48 and I have no idea what he is referring to since I don't melt lead for sinkers.

So I get him into a chair and the neighborhood starts arriving to help because they saw me running and knew, if I was at a speed above stride, it must be an emergency.

He rested in a chair and insisted he didn't really need help and he's all good again.

Truthfully though, it's so sad to see a man who can do so much lose control of his best tools. Not being able to work will be the death of him, not the disease.

But he is a crazy old bastard anyways.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I have a neighbor that has MS and does everything from his scooter....well almost everything. I help him out a bit. I snow blow his driveway, haul away his brush, move heavy things and such.

The odd thing about him is that he reminds me of the butler in Mr. Deeds. 'He is very sneaky', I don't know how he does it but he always startles me when he comes to ask for help. Hos scooter is not fast but it always seems like, when he appears, he is right behind me.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That's awesome. Lead sinkers. He didn't melt sinkers to make lead, did he?

PhxRam

A lot of states no longer sell lead sinkers. When I go back home to NY my buddies always ask me to bring back some lead sinkers.

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A lot of states no longer sell lead sinkers. When I go back home to NY my buddies always ask me to bring back some lead sinkers.

NY... please... don't get me started. You need a need a permit to fart. They've destroyed a great state.

RamzFanz

Damnit
That's awesome. Lead sinkers. He didn't melt sinkers to make lead, did he?

Knowing that dude, he fished them out of a pond with a magnet on a string.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Knowing that dude, he fished them out of a pond with a magnet on a string.
Lead? o_O

My uncle used to go down to the local tire shops and ask them for the tire weights they popped off when balancing tires.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Lead? o_O

My uncle used to go down to the local tire shops and ask them for the tire weights they popped off when balancing tires.

Awesome.

Seriously.

That's ingenuity.

You want lead? I was told by a shooting range they produce 40,000 LBS every 6 months.