My contract solution

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
if I’m Demoff, Snead, McVay, Phillips, et al., I would invite the whole lot of Donald, Cooks, Peters, Suh, Talib, Gurley, Goff, Joyner, Barron, Brockers, Saffold, Havenstein, Brown, and whatever mystery linebacker they may be hoping to acquire to a dinner party along with their agents. I would present a plan of how everyone gets paid by the Rams at a bit of a discount as part of the we not me mentality. Joining the party would be guys like Spike Lee, Quentin Tarantino, George Lucas, and Warren Buffet. Each player would be shown how the income they may sacrifice in a contract can be surpassed and extended well beyond their playing years through other ventures and connections. It’s a vision of how a perennial Super Bowl team can affect their lives not only as players, but as businessmen. If EVERYONE agrees to take a bit less to stay together...they will have changed the way things are done in the NFL.

It’s a crazy dream I had in 2000 when I hoped the same from Dre Bly, Az Hakim, and London Fletcher. Alas, it never happened and the glory was short lived. But if this is the only year we get, I will take it. Perhaps there will be others to take their places. Maybe Snead will identify players like Johnny Johnson III, Matt Longacre, Robert Woods, and Cooper Kupp that others undervalue but overperform and we won’t need some of the ones who don’t “buy in” but as Martz used to say, this is a special place and time. While the excitement is hot and next year’s cap is clear...EXTEND EVERYONE we want to keep the next three to five years. Both sides take the chance and make the commitment. Call me naive. A Pollyanna. Unrealistic. I don’t care...it’s my dream and I’m sticking to it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I like the addition of Cooks. He's a good wideout and fit for this scheme and what the Rams lack, but once again we have given up draft capital for a very short window of control.

The Rams are a better team for now, but not long term. Kevin needs to start inkin some dudes. Like now.