My Ad Blocker Prevents Me from...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
reading most online content.It didn't use to be this expansive in being blocked from accessing their stories.
I guess it's fair because I am mooching for free news. Yet, what passes for journalism seems to exclude true reporting and investigation, told in an even handed manner. If I pay for an online newspaper to avoid being electronically examined by information predators (if possible), I'll get news that probably will have been covered by cable news. IE, the News is no longer, new. My other Pet Peeve about journalism is the laziness in using tweets almost exclusively as sources for a story. It's pure laziness.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
This gets me around pay walls.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't know what I was thinking...I signed up for the Wall Street Journal at the student price for $4.00 month. My God, I almost forgot what a real newspaper looks like (stories without tweets)

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's called Ad Block Plus

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yep. They don't have a pay-wall, per se'. They require you to be signed in as a subscriber to read anything. WaPo has a pay wall that can be side-stepped with a browser extension.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't have any issues with it. Did you use the right-click menu on links to paywall sites? Because that's the only way to open them into the container.

Screenshot_9.jpg

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Never said that. I subscribed to WSJ after I posted this thread.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Brave is a pretty solid browser and out of the box plugs tons. Every blue moon, I’ll get sucked into a listicle thing where the take 72 pages to tell a three sentence story. I just copy the url into Brave and I get all the info with none of the ads.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thought to give an update on my WSJ student subscription rate. Like every small business, there are ebbs and flow of sales. Plus, my wife's health issues prevented my working the little job that I have, so nothing has been coming in for a little while. Anyway, I called to cancel the cheap WSJ subscription, and they they gave me a few more free months until November....It was only when I said go ahead and cancel it, when I got the offer. It felt like when cancelling my NFL Sunday Ticket in previous years....