MVP vs OPOY

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Montanaramfan

Rookie
Although I think Gurley deserves the MVP, I have a feeling he will win the Offensive Player of the Year while the media gives the MVP to the Golden Boy, despite the fact that he doesn't deserve it. Remember in 1999 when Warner won the MVP and Faulk got the OPOY? (By the way, during that three-year stretch, the MVP went to Warner, Faulk, Warner - pretty impressive). How can you be the league's MVP but you're not even the best player on your team? Who knows what it means to be MVP?

Brady's 30 TDs rank him 98th on the all-time list for TDs in a season (https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_td_single_season.htm). I do realize that he has one game left but his TD/INT ratio (30-8) isn't much more impressive than Goff's 28-7. I read Peter King's MMQB article favoring Brady (of course) where he indicated that because the QB handles the ball on every play, they have an edge. Give me a break.

If the MVP is truly an award for the most valuable player for your team, then how can you honestly not give it to Russell Wilson? Out of Seattle's 36 offensive touchdowns, he has ran or passed for 35 of them. How can you be more valuable to your team than that? As a Rams fan who has seen his share of Seahawks games, I can assure you that without Wilson, that team is maybe 8-8. Last year New England started the season 4-1 with Garoppolo starting two games and Jacoby Brissett starting two. Their system is QB friendly and, although Brady may be the GOAT, this season he is not the MVP.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I really don't see how Brady can be MVP his team is supposed to be good and they are and it's hide time the NFL start recognizing others, out with the old and in with the new please and if you don't please. Enough on Brady and retire why don't you.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Wentz has a better shot than people think.

For one thing, he might end up leading the NFL in TD passes, depending on what Wilson does.

For another, the Eagles look flat out bad without him. I realize two weeks ago wasn't the offense and Foles performed similarly, but it doesn't seem to be a coincidence that he goes out and that team is the team everyone wants to play in the playoffs.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I think Wentz has a better shot than people think.

For one thing, he might end up leading the NFL in TD passes, depending on what Wilson does.

For another, the Eagles look flat out bad without him. I realize two weeks ago wasn't the offense and Foles performed similarly, but it doesn't seem to be a coincidence that he goes out and that team is the team everyone wants to play in the playoffs.

But can you justify giving MVP to anyone that didn’t finish the season? In that case, shouldn’t Antonio Brown and maybe even Deshaun Watson be considered?

In games Watson started, Houston went 3-3 and played competitively even in their loses. They were becoming a threat to take their division. Since Watson went down, they have gone 1-7. The Eagles have still won every game without Wentz so is he technically more valuable to them than Watson was to the Texans?

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Tood Gurley is the 2017 NFL MVP even if the NFL doesn't recognize him as such.

We know the real deal right? :yay::yess: