MST3K

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
For those of you not familiar with Mystery Science Theater 3000, " the show mainly features a man and his robot sidekicks who are imprisoned on a space station by an evil scientist and forced to watch a selection of bad movies, as part of a psychological experiment, and frequently preceded by short public-domain educational films, newsreels, or serial dramas. To stay sane, the man and his robots provide a running commentary on each film, making fun of its flaws, and wisecracking their way through each reel in the style of a movie-theater peanut gallery."

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Can't believe it's still going. Didn't it used to be MST 2000?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It used to be called Mystery Science Theater and then they added the 3000.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm a fan. I remember the first time I accidentally stumbled upon the original MST. I was flipping through channels and saw the (now) familiar silhouettes in front of what looked like an old space movie, and there was some dude firing multiple gun shots into a washing machine. Then another dude opened the door to the washing machine carefully, and I heard one of the silhouetted robots say, "Aww, you killed Snuggles!"

Watched it all the time after that.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Hahaha

My sister loves that show. Absolutely loves it. Made me think of her right away.

Psycho_X

Legend
Yep, me and a couple friends used to always watch these shows back in the 90s. First one I remember seeing was "Mitchell" starring Joe Don Baker. Laughed my ass off the whole time.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Y'know - in all the times I watched the show, I don't think I ever saw the opening. Never really thought about it. I must have always just flipped to it after it already was started.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I love MST3K. I'm in the middle of watching Laserblast on Netflix right now.

Any of you guys into Rifftrax at all? Michael J. Nelson, Bill Corbett and Kevin Murphy (usually, there's a rotating cast, and guest stars, like Weird Al Yankovic on Jurassic Park and Neil Patrick Harris on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) do commentaries of A-movies that you play at the same time as your DVD... or if you know where to look, you can find commentary in a video file of a movie.