Most likely 2024 playoff risers and fallers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Over the past several years, the rate at which teams return to the playoffs from year to year is about 50%. Last year, it was a bit higher, as 8/14 playoff teams from 2022 returned, with the Texans, Browns, Steelers, Lions, Rams and Packers replacing the Jaguars, Chargers, Bengals, Seahawks, Giants and Vikings as postseason participants.

Assuming this trend holds, which teams do you see as the most likely playoff risers and fallers?

Mine:

I could see the Dolphins and Browns dropping out in the AFC, with the Bengals returning, along with the Jets.

In the NFC, I think the Cowboys and Bucs are the most likely to drop out, with the Falcons and, possibly the Bears rising.

Of course, that's only 4 teams. Recent history says there will be more. Let's hope one of the fallers will be the 49ers!

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Bills might take a step back. Josh Allen doesn't have the weapon he used to have. He can do a lot but that only gets so far.

Cincy is dependent on Joe Burrow. He's gone down for the season twice in his career. Is he going to be that dreaded injury prone quarterback?

I have no idea what happened to Philly. That was some collapse. A big culprit was poor tackling on defense. They do have the talent to get back to the Playoffs.

Dallas should be a playoff team. But not a deep run. Prescott still has Cede Lamb. The defense is capable. But no Pollard. A declining Elliot. The run game is gonna take a step back.

The 49ers are the favorites. They should be. But they will need another year of good luck on the injury front. Their depth is razor thin. A few guys go down and its over for them.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
AFC out:
Steelers (2nd half schedule is brutal) and browns (no QB/offensive talent).

AFC in:
Jags (big prove it year for their QB?) and chargers ( new sheriff in town)

NFC out:
Cowboys (they’re gonna fall apart) and 9ers (see cowboys).

NFC in:
Falcons (talented team who was missing a QB) and WFT (they’re due and they hired a good HC who inherits a sleepy talented roster).

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bills fall out of the playoffs Dolphins and Jets battle for the division title and the only playoff team from the AFCE

Pittsburgh fallout out and Cincinnati making it in is an obvious answer.

Not sure about the NFCE, think both Dallas and Philly are worse not sure anybody can slide in for them though.

Falcons get in Saints drop out Tampa manages to win a bad division again.

Green Bay falls out Minnesota goes in.

Rams win the NFCW and the Whiners take a wild card.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Out: Dallas, Tampa, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Buffalo

In: Cincinnati, NY Jets, Atlanta, New Orleans, Indianapolis

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
And we all know there are more than a few guys "going down" in SF. :laugh3:

happy gilmore no GIF

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
And we all know there are more than a few guys "going down" in SF. :laugh3:
One year I made a wrong turn down Polk St and found myself in the middle of a celebration for the giants winning the World Series.

There were three guys with their pants down flashing BAs at the drivers by. They had stuff written on their ass cheeks.
First guy’s butt read: GO and GIANTS
Second guy’s read: S and F
Third guy’s read: FREE and PARKING