More talk that Cowboys could trade for Earl Thomas

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/07/more-talk-that-cowboys-could-trade-for-earl-thomas/

More talk that Cowboys could trade for Earl Thomas

Seahawks safety Earl Thomas is not happy with his contract, and there has been talk all offseason that he could get dealt to the Cowboys. That talk is not going away.

The latest comments come from Bryan Broaddus, a writer for the Cowboys’ website, who said on 105.3 The Fan that there’s still a possibility Thomas could end up in Dallas.

“The Cowboys have to look at their situation at safety and figure out is this going to be good enough? Are we able to compete for a division? To get in the playoffs? Could Earl Thomas be a guy, could he be a difference maker?,” Broaddus said, via the Dallas Morning News. “I feel like that the Earl Thomas situation still is in play. It’s just a matter of where Seattle is going to be. I don’t believe Earl Thomas is going to sit out games for Seattle. I really, really don’t. You’re talking about a guy that makes over $10 million. Players just don’t leave those checks on the field just for principal, for that reason. I think that Seattle is going to have to figure out something. The Cowboys are going to have to figure out something. And maybe they do work something out there.”

Reports came out during the draft that the Cowboys and Seahawks discussed a trade, but that the Cowboys wouldn’t give up the second-round pick the Seahawks were seeking. That still sounds like too steep a price, but perhaps something could be worked out to get Thomas in Dallas.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I believe this is a pivotal year for Jason Garrett and his Dallas Cowboys and I also think they will be a playoff team. If they do acquire Thomas, it will make their defense better, however, if the Cowboys fall short, I expect Jerry Jones to overhaul the coaching staff and hire a proven winner especially if somebody like a Mike McCarthy becomes available from Green Bay.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Meh. I'd love for us to take E.T., but Bryan Broadus is more wrong than right. The guy is a failed NFL scout.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I believe this is a pivotal year for Jason Garrett and his Dallas Cowboys and I also think they will be a playoff team.

They seem ripe to bounce back, to me.

Then again, that division has some teams that are hard to figure out.

The Eagles just won the SuperBowl, so you’d think they will make a sold run.

Washington acquired Alex Smith. That’s going to be interesting to watch.

Dallas finished 9-7.

The Giants? With Eli there, they are always a tough out.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
It's hard to believe Garrett is still coaching. This should be a boom or just year for him. Dak needs to step up too.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I believe this is a pivotal year for Jason Garrett and his Dallas Cowboys and I also think they will be a playoff team. If they do acquire Thomas, it will make their defense better, however, if the Cowboys fall short, I expect Jerry Jones to overhaul the coaching staff and hire a proven winner especially if somebody like a Mike McCarthy becomes available from Green Bay.

The OLine is healthy and so is Elliott. It's the third year for Dak. He won't have to force the ball to Dez anymore. Like most QBs Dak is more successful when spreading the ball around to multiple targets. I think they have a bounce back of sorts. I would love to see them knock off Philly, but don't expect them to.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
If they seriously want to improve at safety, there is a ton of free agent safeties that never got signed because of a weaker market for them this year. It would be much cheaper than trading for Thomas and then trying to sign him long term.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If they seriously want to improve at safety, there is a ton of free agent safeties that never got signed because of a weaker market for them this year. It would be much cheaper than trading for Thomas and then trying to sign him long term.

I'm not sure they're after average safeties. They want one of the best.

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Personally, I would love for Thomas to not be in Seattle any more. The main reason Chancellor or Sherman ever got their hype was because Thomas is elite and was able to hide their deficiencies.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
The Giants? With Eli there, they are always a tough out.
No, they are not. Yeah, they swept us in 2016 by a total of 3 fucking points, but we have owned them since 2010. We swept them 3 years in a row.

I don't expect as to win the division by amy means, but the giants scare me the least, and Eli is DONE.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The OLine is healthy and so is Elliott. It's the third year for Dak. He won't have to force the ball to Dez anymore. Like most QBs Dak is more successful when spreading the ball around to multiple targets. I think they have a bounce back of sorts. I would love to see them knock off Philly, but don't expect them to.
Well, Dak has to also throw to guys on his team, not just open spaces where there is nobody within 10 yards

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie

I consider them to be a fringe playoff team. They could easily win 10 games and make the playoffs. They have a premier running back and good line. But I don't expect them to overtake Philly. Even if Wentz isn't 100 percent they have enough talent overall to win. I don't think Prescott is as good as he looked his rookie season when everything around him worked perfectly.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake

agreed, I believe both coaches are in a make or break year. I don't see how the Packers or the Cowboys could hold on to either coach if they don't reach the superbowl. Both teams seem to be stuck in the same position for the last 3 seasons. Some promise but nothing that makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
*meh...I don't care if Thomas is in Seattle or in Dallas. I probably lean towards the Hawks keeping him so that his talent is swallowed in the black hole of mediocrity. Sorry Rynie, but I live to see Skip Bayless scream excuses about his "Boys" losing. Gotta love that...

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
*meh...I don't care if Thomas is in Seattle or in Dallas. I probably lean towards the Hawks keeping him so that his talent is swallowed in the black hole of mediocrity. Sorry Rynie, but I live to see Skip Bayless scream excuses about his "Boys" losing. Gotta love that...
Skip Brainless is a damn moron. Haha

TexasRam

Legend
tenor.gif