More OTA stuff: Puka, Puka, Puka edition

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dang

Legend
If Kupp says he's gonna be good he's gonna be good. That's a wrap far as I'm concerned. From there it's just gonna be health.
Not saying he’ll come out of the gates and immediately be a major factor but Perhaps we found our WR2.

WestCoastRam

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not saying he’ll come out of the gates and immediately be a major factor but Perhaps we found our WR2.

If Kupp says he's gonna be good he's gonna be good. That's a wrap far as I'm concerned. From there it's just gonna be health.
Yeah, will be interesting if he can keep it going in TC but you're right, it's probably his health that will determine everything. He prob won't be X or Z in two receiver sets (that's Jefferson and Kupp) but he could be X or Z in 3 wr sets for sure.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Anchrum! Yeah we need all those guys to pop this year—that’s exciting. Except I don’t know who Tanner ingle is.

Interesting that she pointed him out. There's obviously TC to sort things out but it's not nothing that he's on the 1st line right now and prob means it's an uphill battle for anyone else to take his spot. Not saying it can't happen. But will be interesting to watch.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm getting more hyped that the Rams are actually going to be a better overall team than we think. What if they hit a grand slam with this draft? It would not surprise me in the least.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, will be interesting if he can keep it going in TC but you're right, it's probably his health that will determine everything. He prob won't be X or Z in two receiver sets (that's Jefferson and Kupp) but he could be X or Z in 3 wr sets for sure.
Yes I agree he could conceivably be on that list of subs for different situations, depending on how the guys ahead of him on the depth chart look. If all goes according to plan most snaps go to our top 3, and that's ideal. But if shit goes sideways it sure is nice seeing his skill set on that depth chart. Wish we had a little more speed but I like our wideout room right now.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Yes I agree he could conceivably be on that list of subs for different situations, depending on how the guys ahead of him on the depth chart look. If all goes according to plan most snaps go to our top 3, and that's ideal. But if shit goes sideways it sure is nice seeing his skill set on that depth chart. Wish we had a little more speed but I like our wideout room right now.
Yeah, in an ideal situation he wins the "WR3 position" and he's healthy and his talent is matched by a preternatural understanding of the offense. But if all we do is regress to the mean when it comes to injuries, some wideouts will be out some amount of games so just having him succeed will leave us 5 deep with talent there.

oldnotdead

Legend
Like I said before by November it will be clear that Nacua will be the #3 WR. But I think it will be sooner. Atwell took too long to show he can play. He's going to be back to gadget plays if he can't return kicks. Nacua simply brings more to the table. With Jefferson and Kupp they have their two deep threats. They need a possession WR and that will be Nacua's role in the short to medium zones opposite Higbee.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Interesting tidbit about Nacua...

Over his two years at BYU, he had 39 rushing attempts for 357 yards and 5 TDs. McVay certainly likes to use WRs in the running game, both in jet sweeps and some of the backfield plays Brandon Powell ran last year. Perhaps a niche for Nacua?

WestCoastRam

Legend
Interesting tidbit about Nacua...

Over his two years at BYU, he had 39 rushing attempts for 357 yards and 5 TDs. McVay certainly likes to use WRs in the running game, both in jet sweeps and some of the backfield plays Brandon Powell ran last year. Perhaps a niche for Nacua?

I mean, just go back and look at all the running plays Woods ran and there you have it: jet sweeps, end arounds, runs out of the backfield, and of course screens.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Nice, he's from O'Town.

Yeah... but he went to DP.

That's the rival HS of my sons' HS (Olympia). We have no love for DP... except for my oldest twins longtime girlfriend who freaking graduated from DP. But we give her constant shit about it whenever possible.

DP does have a history of having some real Safety talent though. Ha-Ha Clinton Dix went to DP. My oldest son had to play against that sob through Pop Warner and HS.

Fuck DP.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I went to winter springs, so I have no dog in the fight.
Yeah... but he went to DP.

That's the rival HS of my sons' HS (Olympia). We have no love for DP... except for my oldest twins longtime girlfriend who freaking graduated from DP. But we give her constant shit about it whenever possible.

DP does have a history of having some real Safety talent though. Ha-Ha Clinton Dix went to DP. My oldest son had to play against that sob through Pop Warner and HS.

Fuck DP.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
My kids went to Lake Mary High School. Home of the Rams!
IMG_3899.jpeg

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
My Mom went to Edgewater and my Dad went to Winter Park. My wife went to Lyman.

Scored a 60yd pic 6 on the Lake Mary Rams in their stadium. One of my most embarrassing moments. My parents were sitting on the home (Lake Mary) side of the stadium near the announcing guy. Apparently he had the mic clicked on as I was running back the pic. My Mom was screaming "That's my son" over and over as ran down the sideline. Once I ran back over to our bench... my fucking teammates were screaming at me "That's my son". My mom's screaming was heard over the PA system to my team's ultimate delight. I got shit for that the whole year. So brutal.

Another funny about that... my little sister was jealous that my parents were giving me props about that pic 6 when I got home. So her way of trying to be mean to me was this, and I still give her the business about this today... she said to me "Haha... I'm glad you had to score on and beat your favorite team". Since Lake Mary calls themselves The Rams, she thought I was actually playing the LA Rams. Stupid little sisters.