More Fun With WhinerNation!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Please keep in mind this is a "fanpost" and just a little insight from one guy. He is evidently in his 2nd of 4 postings predicting the Santa Clara Whiner season record. What follows is week 5-8 predictions, including the much-anticipated Sunday night game against our mighty Rams. I couldn't help myself interjecting, here and there...and not just about his spelling and grammar...

What is a real prediction for the 49ers 2018 Season? Here are weeks 5-8 predictions

By TBo812 (Fanpost)

Last week I started this conversation with weeks 1-4 and now as we move forward into the Mini Camp weeks of the preseason, I will give my thoughts on the next 4 games on our schedule. If you missed my last post and want to know where I think we will be after the first 4 weeks of the season, ( :blah: )

Now for what :eek: you've came to read, here are my predictions for weeks 5-8.

Week 5: Arizona Cardinals @ SF
Analysis: With the losses this season Arizona is in rebuild mode and most likely a few seasons to come. Other than David Johnson, I don't see very many threats on this team. QB Josh Rosen is a Rookie, Coach Steve Wilks is a new to HC position with a new team. Larry Fitzgerald will always have my respect but let not act like he is the threat he once was. All in all this is a team that frankly doesn't have the tools on paper to get it done. They say any given Sunday, but this Sunday should belong to San :eek: Fransisco

Prediction: SF wins 31-10

Week 6: SF @ Green Bay Packers (MNF)
Analysis: Green Bay has made some interesting moves this off season. Moving on from Aaron Rodgers's go to target Jordy Nelson, mostly in part of Davante Adams coming into his own, signing Jimmy graham in Free Agency, and drafting two of the best CB's in the draft with Jaire Alexander in the first round and Joshua Jackson in the second. Also the trade picking up DeShone Kizer in my opinion may be one they will be able to look back on and pat themselves on the back for in the near future. That guy is smart and working behind Rodgers may do for him what working behind Brett Favre did for Rodgers, what working behind Tom Brady did for Jimmy Garoppolo. :rolleyes: This game should be a shoot out and Rodgers in GB is always a hard win. With that being said we have shown out in prime time games so there's always a chance. Trying to stay biased though...o_O

Prediction: GB wins 35-31

Week 7: Los Angeles Rams @ SF (SNF)
Analysis: This is a game of the year candidate for 2017 and could very well be for 2018 as well. Last year on Thursday Night Football, the Rams dominated for 3 quarters of the game going into the 4th up 34-20. Then the 49er had an outburst of 19 points in the 4th but the Rams ultimately won this game after halting the final drive after the 49ers recovered an onside kick after missing on their game tying 2 pt conversion. Big changes have happened since that game in week 3, Jimmy G was still a New England Patriot, The Rams secondary has beefed up along with putting Suh next to Aaron Donald. I think the game will be decided on how well the 49ers contain Todd Gurley, (ain't happening) and how well the offensive line can protect Jimmy. (REALLY ain't happening) I think this will be our biggest test of the season and I'm not sure we will be ready just yet. Prime time game boost isn't enough this week.

Prediction: LA Rams wins 38-35 Smart boy....though it won't be that close.

Week 8: SF @ Arizona Cardinals
Analysis: Same teams as in week 4 and barring injury I see a similar result as I did in Week 5. Arizona will put up more of a fight at home but with the rebuild this season I don't see them winning much.

Prediction: SF wins 28-17 :LOL:

Current Prediction by week 8: 5-3
Until next week when I do weeks 9-13 (11 is the Bye Week) please leave your thoughts, comments, and own predictions. Thanks for reading and stay #Faithful
________________________________________________________________________________

A Few Fan Comments:

For Arizona, I could likely see us win 49-17 at home, 24-10 away. We'll likely lose both @GB and LAR (at home) in a shootout, OT-fashion. :LOL:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You had me until writing we lose to the Rams at home
when we nearly beat them last time with Hoyer…
We will split the series, with a big win coming for us week 8.
3 TDs, 355 yards for Jimmy. TD Garcon, TD Jet, TD Kittle. Pettis with the Punt Return TD. Colbert picks off Goof to kill the final drive. :mad: Goof? Jimmy better have his head on a swivel, numb-nuts.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i'm guessing Shanny is gearing up all offseason for two "statement" games in particular.
The Vikings on the road and the Rams at home. Shanny "Statement" after Rams game: "Uh...I'm not sure what happened, but we just got our ass handed to us. We have to do better"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We'll beat the Rams at home and lose to them in LA
I think the poster above is right about that one being a statement game. I say we lose to them in LA only because we’ll be the one resting our starters for the playoffs. :headexplosion: When you're sitting your starters due to a 4-11 record, going into your last game, it's called, "Seeing who is worth a crap for next year."

....well, just a few of their comments. The rest degenerated into a battle with Tardinal fans.

I suppose all of us fans are a bit delusional at times about our team. This is the time of year for optimism, after all. But some of these guys need a lesson in reality. Hopefully our Rams deliver that message in week 7.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i'm guessing Shanny is gearing up all offseason for two "statement" games in particular.
The Vikings on the road and the Rams at home. Shanny "Statement" after Rams game: "Uh...I'm not sure what happened, but we just got our ass handed to us. We have to do better"

Haha, gold. Well done.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I remember a lot of years where we were confident in our chances after a good finish to the season. Reality is going to hurt the Whiner fans. Their team still isn't good.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I remember a lot of years where we were confident in our chances after a good finish to the season. Reality is going to hurt the Whiner fans. Their team still isn't good.
Yeah, I seem to remember ending our season going 3-1 in 2015 just to come out and lose 28-0 the first game of the season.

What do think of Garrapolo? I know you liked him out of college.

fearsomefour

Legend
Jimmy G will be one of the more challenging QBs for the Rams passrush. His release is among the best and fastest in the league. He can also move well. However forcing a QB off his spot, disrupting his timing or flushing him often lead in incompletions. Nearly as effective as a sack. His fast release is the challenge not his ability to run.
The real test for Jimmy G will be the coverages. How well are they disguised and how often our very good secondary baits him into bad throws.

fearsomefour

Legend
Yeah, I seem to remember ending our season going 3-1 in 2015 just to come out and lose 28-0 the first game of the season.

That was, of all the years and years of losing, that 28-0 loss was one of the low points of my Ram fandom. That and when the Rams lost to Arizona when Spags (aka C*** face) punted to Peterson then said he would do it again. A seriously dumb human being. Or at least massively out of his depth as a HC. If I owned the team I would have had a hard time not firing him post game and telling him to find his own way way home. Not deserving of a penny more or even his seat on the plane. That game was depressing because it was the end for him and just knowing another bad hire had run its course and starting over again was happening yet again. The 28-0 loss to SF was depressing because I let myself feel optimistic after the end of the previous season. Totally unprepared and the season was over at that point.
In the rear view now.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

He's benefiting from the limited amount of film on him. Quick release, good mobility, great accuracy in the 0-10 range, and very effective when he can take his drop and hit his first or second read. However, he's a guy who doesn't handle being hit well, he lacks the arm strength to drive the ball down the field with authority (which forces him to rely on touch and placement giving him very little margin for error in the intermediate and deep ranges), and he doesn't like being forced to hold the ball and find those secondary options if you take away his early reads.

He's a talented QB, but I think he's more Marc Bulger or Tony Romo than Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. With more film, DCs are going to be able to better attack his weaknesses. We have a defense that is built well against his style of play (talented press CBs who can disrupt his timing, an interior DL who can collapse the pocket and hit him, and defenders in the secondary who will close quickly on his passes down the field).

fearsomefour

Legend
He's benefiting from the limited amount of film on him. Quick release, good mobility, great accuracy in the 0-10 range, and very effective when he can take his drop and hit his first or second read. However, he's a guy who doesn't handle being hit well, he lacks the arm strength to drive the ball down the field with authority (which forces him to rely on touch and placement giving him very little margin for error in the intermediate and deep ranges), and he doesn't like being forced to hold the ball and find those secondary options if you take away his early reads.

He's a talented QB, but I think he's more Marc Bulger or Tony Romo than Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. With more film, DCs are going to be able to better attack his weaknesses. We have a defense that is built well against his style of play (talented press CBs who can disrupt his timing, an interior DL who can collapse the pocket and hit him, and defenders in the secondary who will close quickly on his passes down the field).
Force him to throw left side.
Ball floats a bit.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'm following this thread with some interest while I wait for @Selassie I to add his normal "Fuck the 49ers" post.

No thread about the 49ers is complete without that.

RAMBUSH

Starter
That was, of all the years and years of losing, that 28-0 loss was one of the low points of my Ram fandom. That and when the Rams lost to Arizona when Spags (aka C*** face) punted to Peterson then said he would do it again. A seriously dumb human being. Or at least massively out of his depth as a HC. If I owned the team I would have had a hard time not firing him post game and telling him to find his own way way home. Not deserving of a penny more or even his seat on the plane. That game was depressing because it was the end for him and just knowing another bad hire had run its course and starting over again was happening yet again. The 28-0 loss to SF was depressing because I let myself feel optimistic after the end of the previous season. Totally unprepared and the season was over at that point.
In the rear view now.
Oh god, my gut hurts just hearing you describe it. I agree 150%.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
It's funny how he states we added two shutdown corners and Suh and they will still score 35....ok dude.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Jrry32 says he BLOWS!:rockon:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Some of those comments are so full of kool aid. We've had our days of talking our team up but these guys are tooting their own horn on the way to the Super Bowl in their fragile little minds :D

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes

What's funny is I notice a lot of Marc Bulger in him. More mobile, but the same kind of short range accuracy and struggling with being hit. He got away with a lot of errant passes during that 5 game win streak. Which, by the way, could have gone a lot different had his kicker missed one or two field goals. I think can grow into a decent QB but the hype is just out of control.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
What's funny is I notice a lot of Marc Bulger in him.

That might be a good comparison.

Very compact and quick snappy deliveries on both.

But Bulger had less of an arm.

And JG has beaten what teams so far?

It's going to be a fun year watching the NFCW this upcoming season.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
That might be a good comparison.

Very compact and quick snappy deliveries on both.

But Bulger had less of an arm.

And JG has beaten what teams so far?

It's going to be a fun year watching the NFCW this upcoming season.
They beat Tennesee and Jacksonville. Which are very inconsistent teams. However they both made the playoffs.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yeah that's true @Legatron4 they are both up and down.

Lets see what unfolds this year.

The media is pushing this JG and the 49ers thing and I'll be writing down what talking heads picked them to be division champs.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
I saw a report where Jimmy G wasn't looking too sharp in OTAs... they better slow their roll

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

Love when you get asked these questions because all I have to do is hit the Threadwinner button and I'm golden.

Don't have to review any film or notes or anything.

Keep up the good work!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
What's funny is I notice a lot of Marc Bulger in him. More mobile, but the same kind of short range accuracy and struggling with being hit. He got away with a lot of errant passes during that 5 game win streak. Which, by the way, could have gone a lot different had his kicker missed one or two field goals. I think can grow into a decent QB but the hype is just out of control.

I agree...kinda. Marc Bulger took a damned mugging behind our crappy OL and in Martz's system which expected QBs to stand in and take hit after hit.

Marc Bulger was a really tough sonuvagun. Every QB struggles with being hit.

Tom Brady has look liked ass when the refs actually let the defense hit him. When Miller and Ware in Denver lit him up, he was lucky if he could hit a quick slant.

I dunno. I was always a Warner guy, but once I had some time to reflect and rewatch some of those games that Bulger played in...damn did that guy get beat up. He wasn't hit as much as David Carr, but it sure seemed like it.