Mock draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Trade: Browns trade 89, 91 and 169 for pick 57 - this trade could happen because the Browns have too many picks. I saw an article that suggested they should make a move like this because with the talent they have, it will be hard for 9 rookies to make their roster. From the Rams side, we seem to consistently trade down.

Picks: 88, 89, 91, 103, 141, 169, 209, 252

88 - Quincy Roche, EDGE, Miami - I consider pass rush to be the number one priority on defense, so adding Roche will help with that. While he doesn't have the size, he possesses intangibles similar to Floyd

89 - Josh Myers, C, OSU - should solve the center position for years - could start right away if he can pick up the playbook

91 - D'Wayne Eskridge, WR, Western Michigan - need more explosion on offense and the return game

103 - Shaun Wade, CB, OSU - I've seen him going anywhere from the 2nd to 5th round. I've watched every snap he played and last year was bad, no two ways about it. But prior to last year, he played with relative comparable talent to what we have in the secondary (the best secondary in college and best in the NFL) - and he was really good. Give me a guy with the physical tools and positional flexibility all day. He would compete for the nickle right away, and has the size to play outside - it was a disaster last year, but get him in a room with Ramsey and I think he will end up being a steal

141 - Jaylon Moore, T, Western Michigan - adding more pieces to the OL - could play G or T, which is good with the players likely leaving next year

169 - Jacob Harris, WR, UCF - developmental WR with size and speed - potentially brings an element we do not have

209 - Jonathon Cooper, EDGE, OSU - this pick would be similar to Fuller last year - off the field he's super impressive, but he's athletically limited. Difference being that Cooper has no chance to start. But he provides another pass rushing option and has a good first step - despite the limitations athletically, get him with AD for a year and he should develop into quality depth

252 - Derrick Barnes, LB, Purdue - special teams - given that Howard and Kiser are coming off injury, adding another special teams contributor is a good idea

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I would like to see the first three picks spent on CB, OC, & MLBer in that order, unless some body falls that is too good to pass up. I think the Rams are fine at EDGE with Floyd and Lewis.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Like it but one thing I see. We have Woods and Kupp with cap hits that make it challenging to trade. Just signed DJax and have Jefferson from last years draft. I absolutely see us drafting a WR especially one who can slide into DJax role. A second WR pick though seems a lot. Just can’t see six game day active WR.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Like it but one thing I see. We have Woods and Kupp with cap hits that make it challenging to trade. Just signed DJax and have Jefferson from last years draft. I absolutely see us drafting a WR especially one who can slide into DJax role. A second WR pick though seems a lot. Just can’t see six game day active WR.

Yea in this scenario I doubt Harris is active. He's probably a "redshirt" player. Can see if he would fit better as a 4th WR or 3rd TE in 2022.

I say 4th WR and not 5th because, obviously DJax is just here for one year but there also seems to be rumors every year about trading either Kupp or Woods. But even if we don't move on from one next year, we would need a 5th WR so he could step into that role when DJax leaves.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would like to see the first three picks spent on CB, OC, & MLBer in that order, unless some body falls that is too good to pass up. I think the Rams are fine at EDGE with Floyd and Lewis.

I'm a big fan of Lewis but we can't count on him to stay healthy. That leaves Justin Hollins as the next best/dependable EDGE.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Have to think the Rams would jump at a deal like that. Snead is probably ready to move down at the best offer lol.

Really like Eskridge round 3. Juicing the slot is the cheapest way to add speed in the event they're unsure of Jefferson and DJax. But teams sort of factors in there too as you get to the bottom of the roster and Eskridge fits as a returns answer we have a pretty big need in that role.

Probably should have grabbed another corner with all those picks tbh, just to help insulate us against Williams leaving. The group is so deep we could probably find a guy we like in those remaining picks.

Roche isn't as good all-around (contain) as the options I like the most at OLB but I like his rush very much. And since we need that blindside element he'd be a real nice shot at finding an answer there. I keep seeing him listed later and later in mocks which is weird to me, makes me wonder if he's got some sort of flag. Guys who can rush are always desired highly so that range where you took him seems right to me.

Oh and thanks for the diversion to help us get to this draft. I'm losing my mind waiting for this shit. (y)

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Pretty nice @FrantikRam ! I think we make a tradeoff within the first three picks and grab an ILB like McGrone or maybe if he falls, Bolton. It probably means we pass on Roche or Eskridge. I have both ILBs as ranked higher on the Rams board than these guys.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
OC or ILB at 57, same at 88 and CB I re G after

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Have to think the Rams would jump at a deal like that. Snead is probably ready to move down at the best offer lol.

Really like Eskridge round 3. Juicing the slot is the cheapest way to add speed in the event they're unsure of Jefferson and DJax. But teams sort of factors in there too as you get to the bottom of the roster and Eskridge fits as a returns answer we have a pretty big need in that role.

Probably should have grabbed another corner with all those picks tbh, just to help insulate us against Williams leaving. The group is so deep we could probably find a guy we like in those remaining picks.

Roche isn't as good all-around (contain) as the options I like the most at OLB but I like his rush very much. And since we need that blindside element he'd be a real nice shot at finding an answer there. I keep seeing him listed later and later in mocks which is weird to me, makes me wonder if he's got some sort of flag. Guys who can rush are always desired highly so that range where you took him seems right to me.

Oh and thanks for the diversion to help us get to this draft. I'm losing my mind waiting for this shit. (y)

Honestly I like that deal for the Rams but according to the trade value chart the Browns are getting the better end. IIRC we usually take trade downs where we're getting the short end of the stick according to the chart.

I'm in the minority of thinking that Long and Deayon are going to step up - so unless we would keep 6 CBs I wouldn't spend a pick on someone who would struggle to make the team. But I get I'm in the minority there.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pretty nice @FrantikRam ! I think we make a tradeoff within the first three picks and grab an ILB like McGrone or maybe if he falls, Bolton. It probably means we pass on Roche or Eskridge. I have both ILBs as ranked higher on the Rams board than these guys.

I wish we would take an ILB early but I'm not getting my hopes up, hence this mock