Mini Football Helmets

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
My oldest son collects mini football helmets. He has every D-1 college team helmet (some of the schools have gotten rid of their football teams, but he still has their football helmets somehow) and NFL team helmet. He's got close to 400 total helmets and he has all of them displayed in golfball cabinets on his gameroom walls.

Anyway... he found this set on sale somewhere on the net that an old woman was selling because her husband had recently passed away. She didn't know what she had value wise because she sold it to my son for like $30. Apparently, the cowgirl helmet alone is worth hundreds of dollars... it's a rare one. Check out some of these throwback helmets and helmets from NFL teams that are no more.

IMG951958.jpg

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
My oldest son collects mini football helmets. He has every D-1 college team helmet (some of the schools have gotten rid of their football teams, but he still has their football helmets somehow) and NFL team helmet. He's got close to 400 total helmets and he has all of them displayed in golfball cabinets on his gameroom walls.

Anyway... he found this set on sale somewhere on the net that an old woman was selling because her husband had recently passed away. She didn't know what she had value wise because she sold it to my son for like $30. Apparently, the cowgirl helmet alone is worth hundreds of dollars... it's a rare one. Check out some of these throwback helmets and helmets from NFL teams that are no more.

View attachment 42563
Those are awesome. The Eagles and Oilers ones are nice as well.

What are the gold ones at the bottom with writing on the sides?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Those are awesome. The Eagles and Oilers ones are nice as well.

What are the gold ones at the bottom with writing on the sides?

The gold ones on the bottom in the middle are Riddell helmets... that company used to make most of the NFL helmets.

There are some other weird ones in that collection too. Like the NFC and AFC Pro Bowl helmets.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Here's a shot of some of his other helmets he has...

IMG951650.jpg

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Here's that old collection hung up on the wall now above some of his newer NFL helmets...

IMG951959.jpg

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Awesome collection....Miss the Houston Oilers, that's for sure.

Cause we're the Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers,
Houston Oilers, Number One.
Yes, we're the Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers,

1609872397318.png

1609872450212.png

MadGoat

Mathematically alive

View attachment 42566

View attachment 42567
I loved watching the Jack Pardee coached Oilers offenses of the early 90's. The concepts they ran were considered exotic at the time, but now you see them at every level of football.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Here's that old collection hung up on the wall now above some of his newer NFL helmets...

View attachment 42565

I have the same display case as that bottom one only in Oak

have to update the helmets every year , as every year 2 or 3 teams seem to change their helmets

my throwback sets go back about 10 years now

pretty cool !!!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

View attachment 42566

View attachment 42567

I remember that damn song... it gets stuck in your head when you hear it. I'm not sure who stole it from who, but the Miami phish still play that damn song with their name substituted in after every TD in their stadium. Which ever team stole it... so fucking lame. Stealing another team's stupid annoying song makes it just unforgivable.

Hopefully it was Miami that stole it.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I have the same display case as that bottom one only in Oak

have to update the helmets every year , as every year 2 or 3 teams seem to change their helmets

my throwback sets go back about 10 years now

pretty cool !!!

I like that case because it's divided up into Divisions. You can adjust the helmets throughout the season to show who's in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa

View attachment 42563
A few years ago I got excited when I saw they were making a throwback back set

then......................

I saw the price

:woozy:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Riddell-NF...728186?hash=item1f1cb6ccba:g:fPoAAOSwL5xf8Jtt

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don’t you feel bad for striping up some poor old dear who has just lost her husband??!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Don’t you feel bad for striping up some poor old dear who has just lost her husband??!

I asked my son that too. He felt just bad enough to offer to pay for the shipping. At least he said he did... he's squeaky tight with money though... so, he may have just made that part up about paying the shipping costs.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion

View attachment 42563
Awesome. I remember piling more quarters into that damn machine at Grand Union grocery store in the late 70s than my parents were comfortable with, haha. Back in those days, I believe it was the old two bar face mask. I remember being pissed every time I got the old, boring Bengals helmet. Good times there. Thanks for the walk down memory lane!!