Mike Thomas on the IR, Ficken in, Brown back on Exemption

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Mike Thomas is out for at least eight weeks. Ficken takes his place on the 53. Jamon Brown back on Exemption. This from Ram's Official Site.

Last edited:

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't see us going that long with only 4 receivers

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Ficken, huh. Couldn't we have cemented someone a little more sturdy or battle tested like Bailey or Forbath? Must be anticipating a quick return for GZ.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Ficken, huh. Couldn't we have cemented someone a little more sturdy or battle tested like Bailey or Forbath? Must be anticipating a quick return for GZ.
Or our all world special teams coach likes Ficken.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
All world JoJo Natson is #5 with Josh Reynolds at #4 who had 2 snaps yesterday.
Yeah, I can see it. A four receiver set, Jojo on one side wide, Cooks on the other side wide, with Woods and Kupp on the inside. Oh yeah! Draw play to Gurley. One can only dream.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Minnesota signed Bailey for the season. Rams of course wouldn't do that.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I would think that Greg Zuerlein grommit will not be an issue going into October, where he will be healthy enough for the Rams to release Ficken from the 53 MR. Then the Rams can bring up one of our ST wide outs KhaDarel Hodge or Steven Mitchell. Jo Jo might be something to see on those jet sweeps once he gets some additional experience with this regular season offense.

McVay might crank up those 3 TE's in the next few weeks. Gerald Everett sure looked fresh on his 2 plays. GE sure can make defensive players miss him while he is on the move. I am sure that we will see more of him now that he is healthy.
I do not see any issues with going with only 5 wide outs, 3 TE's & 4 RB's @ this time.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Fickin has a rough first game but seemed to do pretty well after that - no?

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
How much is Bailey costing Minny?
That's what I'm curious about. They're cash strapped right now for sure, but in the same boat as us. And they saw first hand what happens when you absolutely need 3 points.

Ficken spent the whole offseason as a Ram though so I'm sure he's put in the requisite work. Last year he came in on short notice.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
That's what I'm curious about. They're cash strapped right now for sure, but in the same boat as us. And they saw first hand what happens when you absolutely need 3 points.

Ficken spent the whole offseason as a Ram though so I'm sure he's put in the requisite work. Last year he came in on short notice.
I’m guessing they restructure a contract or two. If players aren’t willing to do that after seeing the obvious need, that tells you a bit about the we not me of that team.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Yeah, I can see it. A four receiver set, Jojo on one side wide, Cooks on the other side wide, with Woods and Kupp on the inside. Oh yeah! Draw play to Gurley. One can only dream.

We will see JoJo on a jet sweep or two in these next few weeks I would think. Has the quickness others don't.