1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Might want to keep this in the back of our minds for the rest of the draft

Discussion in 'NFL DRAFT / COLLEGE FOOTBALL' started by BonifayRam, Apr 27, 2018.

1. BonifayRam

Legend
    Expand Collapse

Rams do have needs for some specialized 34 defensive players. Edge Rushers OLB/ Inside Lb'ers & Nose Tackles. Here's a list of the 11 teams who run 34 defenses in 2018. Many of the 11 above teams do have some of the same needs as the Rams do.

NY Jets- Edge Rushers
    Cinn - NT & ILB'ers
    Washington- NT/ ILB
    Green Bay-Edge Rushers
    Chicago- ER/ ILB/ NT
    KC -NT/ ILB'er
    Pittsburgh
    Houston
    TN
    Denver
    Baltimore

The Bengals/Jets & Chiefs will select before the Rams first selection @ #87 tonight. In addition reference the 4th round first pick.... we will see the Packers @ #101, Bears #105, Jets #107 & Skins #109 all have selections before the Rams@ #111. Snead is surly aware of this & this might be the critical times where we see a possible trade up in front of these mentioned teams.

• Like Like x 2
  2. T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
    Rams On Demand Sponsor
    Expand Collapse

Using the dreaded "draft value chart" it would cost the rams their 3rd #87 (155) and their 4th #111 (72) and maybe 6th #195 (13) "or" both 4th #135 (38) , #136 (37.5) and maybe 6th #195 (13) to leap frog the Jets at #72 (230), that's a 75 point differential. I don't put anything past Snead, he's a crazed dog on draft day.

[​IMG]

• HaHaHa HaHaHa x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. 8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
    Rams On Demand Sponsor
    Expand Collapse

Bonifay, Nice post. I started to post something similar to this the other night but couldn't decide whether to post an opinion regarding it or not.

I will augment your thoughts by noting the (7) 3-4 teams that have a HIGH need for an OLB/Edge player and the number of picks they have BEFORE the Rams pick @ #87 ;

--- TEAM ---- --- number of picks before Rams @ 87 ---
    Texans 2
    Colts 4
    Jets 2
    Ravens 1
    Steelers 2
    Chiefs 3
    Bills 5
    49ers 4

As of the end of the First round, the Ravens traded down twice, acquiring more picks, and therefore may have more than 1 before the Rams. But, on a positive note, the Bills traded (2) of their 2nd round picks to get into the First round. What this means is that if every team above selects (1) OLB/Edge player before #87, there will be a heavy dent put in the available players available @ #87. And, that's hoping that none of them double down on the same position before #87. Also, this is presuming that none of the 4-3 teams in need of a DE don't go after any of the taller (6'4" or taller) OLB's ( Lions, Bears, Panthers, Browns (?), Titans, Giants ) That's a lot of Edge players that may come of the board by the 87th pick.

If I remove the taller players from my list of top 15, Key,Hubbard,Carter, Turay, Aruna, Sweat, Armstrong, I would be left with the following list of shorter (6'3" & under) OLB's ;
    Landry, Okoronkwo, Holland, Nwosu, Mata'afa, Griffin, Ejiofor, Adenyi ; I presume the taller OLB'ers will go faster than the shorter ones...if so, maybe half of the shorter guys are gone by the time #87 rolls around ?? I am glad that Landry didn't go in the First round. It will help push more of the OLBer's down.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
    Expand Collapse

pretty sure the Colts switched to a 4-3. Maybe I'm wrong but pretty sure I read that this offseason.

5. TheTackle

UDFA
    Expand Collapse

Nice post, can I check - the bears are no longer a 4-3 after all those years - missed that

• Like Like x 1
  6. TheTackle

UDFA
    Expand Collapse

The chiefs let Wilson walk because they had depth at MLB and then signed Ragland - who they love. Edge perhaps, but doubt they spend a high pick on MLB

7. BonifayRam

Legend
    Expand Collapse

#7 BonifayRam, Apr 27, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
    Yes that LB'er need by KC would be on the edge.(y) Good observation.

8. fanotodd

Rookie
    Expand Collapse

I don't see ILB as a "serious" need and I doubt WP and the Rams do either. Barron, Littleton, and Wilson are all gonna make the team, so the only guy/spot in jeopardy belongs to Hager. So while I see guys being brought in/picked...an immediate starter is not necessary.

The only real defensive needs are rotational guys--an edge rusher and a true NT. Sure, those guys could end up as starters eventually, but it isn't really necessary for 2018 either.

One more thing I hope the Rams look at is a FS with starting potential just in case we can't re-sign Joyner.

• High Five High Five x 2