Michael Vick: "I'm fastest QB"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
<a class="postlink" href="http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9308490/michael-vick-philadelphia-eagles-says-fastest-quarterback" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/93084 ... uarterback</a>

[espn]9308559[/espn]

Michael Vick is ready to prove he's still the NFL's fastest quarterback.

Vick, who will turn 33 years old in just over a month, said on "The Dan Patrick Show" that he still possesses more open-field speed than Colin Kaepernick, Robert Griffin III or any other NFL quarterback.

"These guys are young and they're fast and they're quick; the thing I do have is a very quick get-up," Vick said. "I really don't feel like there's a quarterback in the league who can beat me in a 40-yard dash. If somebody wants to set something up, I'll be more than glad to accept the challenge. But as of right now I'm going to say me. But Colin Kaepernick is fast and RG III is fast as well."

Earlier this month, Vick proved that speed is still a part of his game as he beat Philadelphia Eagles teammate LeSean McCoy in the 40-yard dash at practice. However, the running back has claimed Vick cheated in the race.

Vick, a four-time Pro Bowler, is the NFL's career leader among quarterbacks with 5,551 rushing yards. He averaged 5.4 yards per rush last season, the second-lowest mark of his 10-year career.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I do hope one of these media guys has the stones to set up a 40 yard race with all the other running QBs in the league.
I think everyone would like to see that.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
I do hope one of these media guys has the stones to set up a 40 yard race with all the other running QBs in the league.

Yeah, count me in.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Re: Michael Vick: "I'm fastest QB"

X said:
Yea but thats counting on the media guys to actually have enough stones to actually call a player out :sly:

iced

Re: Michael Vick:

Rabid Ram said:
X said:
Yea but thats counting on the media guys to actually have enough stones to actually call a player out :sly:

I'd totally do it.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I would race a gimpy Bobby Griffin right now too...

Just sayin'.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
X said:

Fisher won't let Givens and Austin race...I wonder if any HC in the league would want a QB foot race?

Sam's up for it! :razzed:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
LoyalRam said:
X said:

Fisher won't let Givens and Austin race...I wonder if any HC in the league would want a QB foot race?

Sam isn't necessarily slow either.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H84nK2lSw7E[/youtube]

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
LoyalRam said:
X said:

Sam isn't necessarily slow either.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H84nK2lSw7E[/youtube]

That was from 2010. Roman Harper would have been 27/28 then. Not too shabby running down a safety.