Michael Brockers says he sustained torn MCL in Rams playoff loss

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Michael Brockers says he sustained torn MCL in Rams playoff loss
Posted by Curtis Crabtree on April 16, 2018, 11:04 PM EDT

gettyimages-902003970-e1523933496922.jpg

Los Angeles Rams defensive end Michael Brockersplayed just 24 of the team’s 73 defensive snaps in January’s playoff loss to the Atlanta Falcons.

It now seems there was a fairly understandable reason for why the Rams starter was so limited in such a crucial game.

According to Alden Gonzalez of ESPN.com, Brockers revealed Monday that he sustained a torn MCL in his knee in the game. Brockers left the contest midway through the second quarter after splitting a sack with Aaron Donald and did not return.

Brockers was on hand for the start of team offseason workouts on Monday. Players aren’t allowed to be on the field just yet and can’t line up against the other side of the ball until the latter stages of the offseason.

Brockers, a former defensive tackle prior to Wade Phillips’ arrival, moved to end when the team moved to a 3-4 front. He set a career-high with 55 tackles and his 4.5 sacks were the second-most of his career. Now he’ll get to line up alongside Donald and Ndamukong Suh, which gives the Rams three former first-round picks on their defensive front.

[profootballtalk.nbcsports.com]

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
so, he's ok now? (crosses fingers & throws salt over shoulder)

jap

Legend
IIRC, one can bounce back from MCLs much quicker than from ACLs. At least we now know The Incredible Brock's kryptonite---having his leg/knee rolled up on by Aaron "The Kracken" Donald. Be very afraid, NFL, the ModSquad is mapping out a path of blood & destruction through their 2018 schedule as we speak!!!

Psycho_X

Legend
Not going to lie, freaked out a little when the first thing I saw was "Brockers", "torn", and "CL" in the same sentence for a few seconds. Whew. Should be fine by camp I'd think. MCL aren't super serious injuries at least. Our run defense was definitely complete shit last season when Brockers wasn't in there.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I heard him say that and was like, that explains a lot. He seemed to be in great spirits though so he must be ready to go.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Not going to lie, freaked out a little when the first thing I saw was "Brockers", "torn", and "CL" in the same sentence for a few seconds. Whew. Should be fine by camp I'd think. MCL aren't super serious injuries at least. Our run defense was definitely complete crap last season when Brockers wasn't in there.
You're right Psycho, it's only serious if there is another injury to the same knee like a ACL or ICL tear also, which most likely would've happened if he had continued playing. Then it would require surgery. As it is a few weeks rest and then adding strengthening exercises for a couple of months and it's as if you'd never got hurt, as the ligament after it's completely healed is as good as before it was torn.

As always, this is my opinion only. But according to webmd.com, this time I'm actually right.