Men identifying as women in sporting competition

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Those dudes are cleaning up. Winning womens titles, breaking womens records, getting womens scholarships etc. Physically they are still male. Greater muscle mass, more testosterone, probably greater size etc. How is a biological female to compete? And what is a biological female? Sounds like a stupid question but what about a female who is naturally producing testosterone far greater than what is considered within the normal range for a female and has the muscle mass and size of a male? Should athletes be tested for a natural advantage in hormone production and disqualified if out of the acceptable range?

Your thoughts?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Those dudes are cleaning up. Winning womens titles, breaking womens records, getting womens scholarships etc. Physically they are still male. Greater muscle mass, more testosterone, probably greater size etc. How is a biological female to compete? And what is a biological female? Sounds like a stupid question but what about a female who is naturally producing testosterone far greater than what is considered within the normal range for a female and has the muscle mass and size of a male? Should athletes be tested for a natural advantage in hormone production and disqualified if out of the acceptable range?

Your thoughts?

My thoughts? As a transgendered woman, I think that it goes both ways. I think that so long as one physically identifies as female (as in hormone treatment and such), they should compete with their peers (i.e., females.) Same with transgendered men competing with men.

I realize that some people consider it cheating, but I think that it's unfair to transgendered people to be barred from sports just because of a sex on their birth certificate that doesn't represent who they truly are.

Of course, I'm naturally biased, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My thoughts? As a transgendered woman, I think that it goes both ways. I think that so long as one physically identifies as female (as in hormone treatment and such), they should compete with their peers (i.e., females.) Same with transgendered men competing with men.

I realize that some people consider it cheating, but I think that it's unfair to transgendered people to be barred from sports just because of a sex on their birth certificate that doesn't represent who they truly are.

Wow, thanks for your opinion. I think most people will concede it is an unfair advantage. But how to rectify it? What about a subset competition within the sexes that allows for the transgendered to compete against other transgendered?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I agree with Martina Navratilova. Here's what she had to say about a week ago concerning this...

"A man can decide to be female, take hormones if required by whatever sporting organization is concerned, win everything in sight and perhaps earn a small fortune, and then reverse his decision and go back to making babies if he so desires. It's insane and it's cheating."

Martina Navratilova came out as a lesbian in 1981 and is a longtime Gay-Rights activist. She now stands accused of being "Transphobic" after asserting that many transgender women - even if they've undergone hormone treatment - have an unfair advantage over other female competitors.

Common Fucking Sense. Period.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
If you wanted to make a point Compete as a transgender woman in the Mens divisions, now people might respect you a lot more for your Sporting accomplishments

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

I greatly respect your opinion Momento, however I have to disagree on this .
There is a reason mens sports and women's sports are usually separated. Mens bodies are much more physical than womens.
A gender for competition, should be decided by the physical birth gender, not the mental birth gender.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Tonsil operation: Tonsilectomy. Appendix operation: Appendectomy.

Woman changing to a man? Add-add-a-dick-to-me.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Wow, thanks for your opinion. I think most people will concede it is an unfair advantage. But how to rectify it? What about a subset competition within the sexes that allows for the transgendered to compete against other transgendered?

I agree with Martina Navratilova. Here's what she had to say about a week ago concerning this...

"A man can decide to be female, take hormones if required by whatever sporting organization is concerned, win everything in sight and perhaps earn a small fortune, and then reverse his decision and go back to making babies if he so desires. It's insane and it's cheating."

Martina Navratilova came out as a lesbian in 1981 and is a longtime Gay-Rights activist. She now stands accused of being "Transphobic" after asserting that many transgender women - even if they've undergone hormone treatment - have an unfair advantage over other female competitors.

Common freaking Sense. Period.

I greatly respect your opinion Momento, however I have to disagree on this .
There is a reason mens sports and women's sports are usually separated. Mens bodies are much more physical than womens.
A gender for competition, should be decided by the physical birth gender, not the mental birth gender.

All of you make excellent points. I just am naturally biased because of my own status. I see what y'all are saying.

RamsAndEwe

Rookie

Martina would know. Renee Richards was one of Martina's coaches. Quick Story- My brother's best friend Glen pitched for TCU back in the day. Glen had a bunch of downtime after pitching the day before. To break the monotony, oftentimes Glen would join a crowd of student onlookers watching Martina Navratilova practice against the TCU men's tennis team. The TCU men's tennis team dominated Martina.

I figure transgender men competing against women will eventually run it's course like the 80's Satanic Panic. Or they'll have to compete in separate transgender category?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Martina would know. Renee Richards was one of Martina's coaches. Quick Story- My brother's best friend Glen pitched for TCU back in the day. Glen had a bunch of downtime after pitching the day before. To break the monotony, oftentimes Glen would join a crowd of student onlookers watching Martina Navratilova practice against the TCU men's tennis team. The TCU men's tennis team dominated Martina.

I figure transgender men competing against women will eventually run it's course like the 80's Satanic Panic. Or they'll have to compete in separate transgender category?

Great example...

I wasn't going to bring this up because I didn't want to sound like "the old white guy" giving an opinion on something he knows nothing about... but since you shared this great example, I feel like it opens the door a little to share an example of my own along these same lines.

My little sister used to work for Nick Bollettieri. As a result, my sis would get me into his tennis academy to play sometimes. No instruction or anything for me, I was just hitting balls out there and obviously looking at some of the pro ladies that trained there at the same time.

Long story short... Mary Pierce became friendly with me and started asking me to hit with her. I was just a club level player... but she wanted me to hit with her because I (and most ave male players) was able to hit the ball harder and with more pace than her pro female opponents. She felt that it helped her improve her game and really prepare for the harder hitters in the female ranks. So... I feel I deserve some of the credit for her Grand Slams LOL.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Great example...

I wasn't going to bring this up because I didn't want to sound like "the old white guy" giving an opinion on something he knows nothing about... but since you shared this great example, I feel like it opens the door a little to share an example of my own along these same lines.

My little sister used to work for Nick Bollettieri. As a result, my sis would get me into his tennis academy to play sometimes. No instruction or anything for me, I was just hitting balls out there and obviously looking at some of the pro ladies that trained there at the same time.

Long story short... Mary Pierce became friendly with me and started asking me to hit with her. I was just a club level player... but she wanted me to hit with her because I (and most ave male players) was able to hit the ball harder and with more pace than her pro female opponents. She felt that it helped her improve her game and really prepare for the harder hitters in the female ranks. So... I feel I deserve some of the credit for her Grand Slams LOL.

All I retained from that was she wanted you to repeatedly hit it and you take credit for some grand slams.:D

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Have to agree with this.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
All I retained from that was she wanted you to repeatedly hit it and you take credit for some grand slams.:D

Not much gets by you Brudda. LOL

You may be onto something there. I'll just say this... she is the only girl my wife has ever shown any jealousy about. Good thing she's not playing anymore (on TV). :whistle:

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Not much gets by you Brudda. LOL

You may be onto something there. I'll just say this... she is the only girl my wife has ever shown any jealousy about. Good thing she's not playing anymore (on TV). :whistle:

So you still search for her on tv to this day?:pillowfight:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

You're wife is much hotter, I'd hit that WAY before this.

In theory of course. Just trying to make a point.

mary-pierce-mary-pierce-wins-a-place-in-the-french-open-final-elena-picture-id118799291

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
You're wife is much hotter, I'd hit that WAY before this.

In theory of course. Just trying to make a point.

mary-pierce-mary-pierce-wins-a-place-in-the-french-open-final-elena-picture-id118799291

That blue font isn't gonna save you from a solid frog punch next time I see yo ass.

Here's another shot of MP...

mary-pierce-81b4c22d-e9f9-4457-9e11-781d095a6a9-resize-750.jpg

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, she doesn't do it for me. As for the question, I think transgender men (i.e., women transitioning or who have transitioned to men) should be able to compete with men. With regard to transgender women (i.e., men transitioning or who have transitioned to women), they shouldn't be able to compete with women until they've fully transitioned and have testosterone and estrogen levels that are within the normal range of your average woman.