MemphisRams Rams Mock 2.0

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No it wouldn't. That said, I believe that Woods is the best WR on the team. Not Kupp.

I respect your opinion, but I don't share it. Both guys are great route runners and blockers. Woods has a bit more vertical juice, but Kupp is a YAC monster. It's a closer call, but I'd take Kupp.

Memphis Ram

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I respect your opinion, but I don't share it. Both guys are great route runners and blockers. Woods has a bit more vertical juice, but Kupp is a YAC monster. It's a closer call, but I'd take Kupp.

Hey, I respect yours too jrry32.

But, until Kupp shows me that he can be as effective as Woods outside of the slot vs. #1 and #2 CBs as consistently as Woods has been then I just don't see it as being close at all. As good as Kupp has been in the slot, Woods would be even more of a nightmare for opposing defenses, IMO.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
On a side note, man how far we've come when we can debate who's better, 90 catch, 1,100 season Woods or 90 catch, 1,100 season Kupp. Rams went what, 10 years without a 1k reciever?
Claypool is only 6-4 guy to run under 4.45 since Megatron? I'd love him in Horns no matter if its WR or TE. He's a heck of a blocker too

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
On a side note, man how far we've come when we can debate who's better, 90 catch, 1,100 season Woods or 90 catch, 1,100 season Kupp. Rams went what, 10 years without a 1k reciever?
Claypool is only 6-4 guy to run under 4.45 since Megatron? I'd love him in Horns no matter if its WR or TE. He's a heck of a blocker too

I know for a fact Stephen Hill did. I believe there have been others.

Ram65

Legend
I like Claypool and think he can play outside. May need a little work. He can go deep. He can do a lot of what Cooks did with inside cuts and outside cuts with a much better catch radius. Rams use those bunch sets a lot so Claypool can easily get off the line. He will be a miss match. He can also do those quick slants that Watkins did near the goal line.

Last edited:

Ram65

Legend
I like the draft by the way. Could wait and get a running back later.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know for a fact Stephen Hill did. I believe there have been others.
I didnt complete the entire statement,
"Only two wideouts to measure 6’4” & 235 pounds or bigger have run a sub-4.45 in the 40-yard dash at the NFL Scouting Combine since 2003"

Memphis Ram

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I like Claypool and think he can play outside. May need a little work. He can go deep. He can do a lot of what Cooks did with inside cuts and outside cuts with a much better catch radius. Rams use those bunch sets a lot so Claypool can easily get off the line. He will be a miss match. He can also do those quick slants that Watkins did near the goal line.

Methinks he would automatically command some sort of bracket coverage by defenses. Especially, if he's moved around the formation.

I also wonder how opposing defenses would react if he's on the field with both Everret and Higbee. Would they keep the extra LB on the field for run defense or go with a smaller DB?

Just like McVay ran the majority of his offense using 11 personnel, he could do something similar using 12 personnel and be far more effective running the football, IMO.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I didnt complete the entire statement,
"Only two wideouts to measure 6’4” & 235 pounds or bigger have run a sub-4.45 in the 40-yard dash at the NFL Scouting Combine since 2003"

That sounds accurate. He's very much a freak athlete. I won't be upset if we draft him. McVay will figure out how to utilize him. But I have to say that I do prefer Tee Higgins. We might not have the chance with Tee, though.